Do you roleplay your class?

mousestalker

My consular plays out very light sided, no dark points at all.. My trooper is mission oriented and really doesn't care. She currently has one dark point for every three light points. My smuggler is even more relaxed about light and dark points.

If I were to create another Jedi (Force forfend!) that character would likely go completely dark.

Does anyone else play this way?

I try to RP my knights based on how I imagine them to be.

But until they give us ability to hide DS/LS points and affection changes in conversations, I'll prolly always be influenced by these factors when deciding.

I try to RP my knights based on how I imagine them to be.

But until they give us ability to hide DS/LS points and affection changes in conversations, I'll prolly always be influenced by these factors when deciding.

You are able to turn it off under Interface options. I play with it off and all my characters seem to remain neutral, never going past Light or Dark I. Which says a funny thing about the morality in this game since I try to roleplay and choose what options my character would choose. Even following the Sith code usually ends up with me in Light side area because those options gain me more power (which is what Sith want) rather than killing every single bunny and innocent child I come across.

I pretty much always play Light.

My Warrior, Inquisitor, Agent, Mercenary, Smuggler, and Vangaurd are all Light Side.

I still have yet to play Sentinel and Sage, but I have decided one of them will be Dark Side, I just haven't decided which yet.

You are able to turn it off under Interface options. I play with it off and all my characters seem to remain neutral, never going past Light or Dark I. Which says a funny thing about the morality in this game since I try to roleplay and choose what options my character would choose. Even following the Sith code usually ends up with me in Light side area because those options gain me more power (which is what Sith want) rather than killing every single bunny and innocent child I come across.

I think the dialog choices are too cut-and-dry. You either RP your character or you pay attention to the alignment. Cant have both.

I play my character. I'm also IC in groups and on my BH that means I don't care about dark side or light side. It's what shall give me the most satisfaction and the best oppurtunity for more credits or reputation to get better jobs in the future. Edited by Kirameki

I do my best to roleplay my class mixed with backstory and such.

My Juggernaut is ambitious and volatile, as well as a touch condescending if he can't kill you for being insolent. But he also tries to show restraint due to his guilds code of conduct, and is known to fume and snarl and stomp off.

My Smuggler is a real man of the people with a real chip on his shoulder regarding military types, who he see's as thugs with a license to bully the little guy while neglecting to do their supposed jobs, as witnessed on Ord Mantell.

No, I think if everyone RP'd only their class that means there would be a pretty boring conversation when every Jedi tries to out-Jedi each other on Jedi-ness.

My main is a Smuggler and she RP's a sound engineer who got shoved on stage to be a performer despite her insanely shy and private personality.

My alt is a Sage who up til now has been an accident insurance broker who is totally against being trained in the force, hates it, and has a horrible superstitious fear of accidents and health issues so she goes around warning people to cover their heads, wear their sweaters and be sure to clean those cuts and walk AROUND the ladder not under it.

No, I think if everyone RP'd only their class that means there would be a pretty boring conversation when every Jedi tries to out-Jedi each other on Jedi-ness.

My main is a Smuggler and she RP's a sound engineer who got shoved on stage to be a performer despite her insanely shy and private personality.

My alt is a Sage who up til now has been an accident insurance broker who is totally against being trained in the force, hates it, and has a horrible superstitious fear of accidents and health issues so she goes around warning people to cover their heads, wear their sweaters and be sure to clean those cuts and walk AROUND the ladder not under it.

The first one I'll buy, but that second one sounds like a horrible if not outright obnoxious character idea.

My Sith Marauder is pretty much pure darkside, except for a few minor light side choices, i pretty much just like going around and killing people, but i'm surprisingly polite to crew members. I play on an RP-PVP realm but i actually don't do much RP if at all, i only recently started to create a background for my characters.

I have a Sith Sorcerer too, i plan on playing him some what as Light/neutral, even though Khem Val won't like it :D

and my agent is just neutral.

No.

The eight choices given by game mechanics are too few to ever offer a realistic demographic of the galaxy's professions.

I prefer my actual characters to be more commoners than heroes, and thus never (or extremely rarely) experience what the antagonist-character used in quests does.

My First char was a Twi'lek Inquisitor. He was never force sensitive, a slave most of his life, but was trained as a Doctor from childhood by his parents and later his owner. He died trying (and failing) to defend a "owner" he felt a great deal of loyalty towards from her Sith leader.

My Second character is a Chiss Agent. He was picked as one amongst many to assist the Empire in its ongoing defence of order and stability. First on Hoth (two tours as a Imperial Trooper) and now on Tatooine.

My Third Character is oddly enough the same Twi'lek Inquisitor, although this version of him is also a non force sensitive slave, trained to act as an exotic savage twi'lek. (Its just a theme though, an act).

Come 1.2 I have a BH Twi'lek who's also a doctor. This guy is a Ryloth native, and have dreams of making his own free health clinic on Nar Shaddaa. Before he get there, he have to try and navigate deals with Sith and similar Imperial people, without getting in their hair (cause he would likely be killed in moments if he ever had to fight them).

All in all, I find the amount of Bounty Hunters, agents, Sith this and that, Jedi this and that and Hero Veteran Troopers and Super-scoundrels/smugglers to be extremely bland and slightly sad.

Naturally, I have no right to tell anyone how to RP, and some of these people does it extremely well, but the amount of these characters I have seen indicate a lack of originality, and a strong OOC desire to play the special snowflake. Which naturally negates itself, making the commoners the special snowflakes.

So, help me not become one of the few special snowflakes I personally dislike, and roll a commoner character next time you feel like having fun.

I RP my Sith Warrior as a Sith Inquisitor/Warrior hybrid Overpowered sadist that will kill everything living in his way to... well basically conquer every dimension known.

This is usually a problem in RP play-by-post threads... they always complain that I go god-mod on everybody. They never understand I am supposed to be like that! I am Darth Eminok, people! I'm a totally OP god-mod if you want to put it like that.

Well... if you consider blowing up planets with thoughts, recreating matter with the force, being a complete sadist that can kill anyone who gets near, a master of the force and lightsaber combat a god-mod... well I guess you're correct.

But hey it's my backstory, so let me be a Darth Eminok!

I tend to try and ignore all story and class related everything when I RP. I'll use my job as a basic template but that is about it. I RP a Vanguard and Gunslinger so light and dark don't mean to much. I took all light choices on both simply for title/gear/gameplay reasons and don't let it affect my RP. As far as sticking to my class I keep the basics there, my vanguard is military and my gunslinger is a smuggler basically but try and not make them the typical stereotype.

My Vanguard for example is a former mercenary(A empire class btw not that I've ever treated him that way though.) Unlike most soldiers I've RPed with he rose through the ranks very fast because well lets just say he has connections and is owed a few favors by important people from his past life. Also he tends to act more like a merc than a solider, no suprise given his technical commander is a drunk Jedi.

My smug on the other hand at first glance seems pretty normal for a smug. Loves the drink, loves the serving girls, has zero shame. Of course now that he is getting a bit more infamous around and stories have started to spread I plan to start giving small glimpses into that he is a bit more than that. After all as fun as running around flirting with everyone is a guy has gotta get serious every now and then. Still though I REFUSE to play a smuggler as a Republic loyalist because lets face it, smuggling is against republic law. Seriously that whole privateer thing kills me and I do get a bit annoyed when I see a smug tell a Jedi "Yeah I'm a smuggler, I'm moving weapons for the military lately." HEY DOUCHE THATS NOT SMUGGLING THATS SHIPPING!

Ok sorry I kinda got off topic for a second a bit, but yeah class is a guideline but don't let it rule your life. After all do you really believe that every solider in the real world is all gung ho yes sir right away sir perfect little soldier? No they are flawed and different and have varying stories of their own. So don't go all boring and be exactly what you think people expect cause I wanna have more fun than that.

I do not RP my class on my Smuggler. He's a hillybilly from Ord Mantell who fled the planet when the War started, and became a Journalist. Already he's had a Sith Lord try to kill him for his articles. (Feels so... Fulfilling.)

My BH is a Pirate, kind of acts like a Space Bounty Hunter, takes out who the Hutts tell him to, no questions asked. He's known as "Captain Lazy-Eye", on account of his signature lazy eye. He is known for running a gladiator pit on Tatooine as well, which utilizes gladiators from all walks of life...

My SW is a Sith-turned-gladiator, in essence. She became a Sith, was picked up by a Darth, and was given a very interesting task, infiltrate the Pirate Lord known as Lazy Eye's gladiator ring and discover whatever force users she could, and send them to Korriban. So far, she's been moderately successful, and is currently the champion in Lazy Eye's ring.

My Inquisitor, is an inquisitor... Recently freed from the grip of an immortality-obssessed Sith Lord... He was the apprentice to Lord Vavo for 42 years, since he was 19...

I RP my Sith Warrior as a Sith Inquisitor/Warrior hybrid Overpowered sadist that will kill everything living in his way to... well basically conquer every dimension known.

This is usually a problem in RP play-by-post threads... they always complain that I go god-mod on everybody. They never understand I am supposed to be like that! I am Darth Eminok, people! I'm a totally OP god-mod if you want to put it like that.

Well... if you consider blowing up planets with thoughts, recreating matter with the force, being a complete sadist that can kill anyone who gets near, a master of the force and lightsaber combat a god-mod... well I guess you're correct.

But hey it's my backstory, so let me be a Darth Eminok!

......NO.

If you get to destroy planets, I get to destroy planet destroyers.

That's all I have to say to you.

And I get to travel back in time and prevent the planet destroyers and the planet destroyer destroyers from ever existing.