Time To Vote For Your Shadow Class Representative!

EricMusco

Who should be your Shadow Class Representative?  

622 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be your Shadow Class Representative?

• Xinika
    • Kitru
    • EatenByDistance
    • KeyboardNinja
    • NamikazeNaruto

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Based on the nominations that many of you made in your nominations thread, the poll above highlights the top possible candidates to be your Class Representative. This poll will run until Monday, July 29th. At that point whoever has won the poll will be your new Class Representative! Around that time I will also post the schedule for each AC on when they will be submitting their top 3.

As a note, if for some reason you do not see someone who was nominated in the above poll it could be for a few reasons:

• They declined the nomination.
  • They never responded to the PM to confirm interest.
  • They were never contacted as only the candidates who appeared to have a few nominations were reached out to.
  • They have a forum account which is suspended.

Again, please vote in the poll above by Monday, July 29th. Good luck everyone!

-eric

Hey guys,

Remember while voting all that Xinika has done for the Shadow community over the past year and a half. From her constant posting in the class/PvP forums, to her many videos showcasing the high skill cap that the class has and the guides to help you play at such a level as well (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj04cA5Ca8B7f0Qymk19X9w). She is one of the last few people that truly cares about this game and strives to make it better, so please, do yourself a favor and vote for her for your class rep.

Also vote here for Assassin Rep: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665188.

Hey guys,

Remember while voting all that Xinika has done for the Shadow community over the past year and a half. From her constant posting in the class/PvP forums, to her many videos showcasing the high skill cap that the class has and the guides to help you play at such a level as well (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj04cA5Ca8B7f0Qymk19X9w). She is one of the last few people that truly cares about this game and strives to make it better, so please, do yourself a favor and vote for her for your class rep.

Also vote here for Assassin Rep: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665188.

But we wantz more vidz to watch during patch time intermissions :p

It's funny how unbalanced this is towards Kitru and then the Assassin one has been split 4 ways almost evenly all day.

It's likely because I am *very* active on the Shadow/Tanking forums but have never posted on the Assassin forums so all of the attention I got over there was bleed over from the Shadow/Tanking forums. The same is likely true of KBN. I also believe that Xinika and Wakalord are both a lot more active on the Assassin forums than they are on the Shadow forums, which contributes to it as well, so they've got more Assassin cache in that respect.

I *would* be really curious what it would look like if we were voting on a single Shad/Sin rep instead of 2 separate reps for each.

personally I voted for Xinika, ive read a lot of what he/she has written both here and on their watchman forums and to be honest its given me some great tips and help. Always seems to be thorough and to the point. Thats the sort of person I think we need.

personally I voted for Xinika, ive read a lot of what he/she has written both here and on their watchman forums and to be honest its given me some great tips and help. Always seems to be thorough and to the point. Thats the sort of person I think we need.

Hope you voted Xinika on the Assassin vote too, then :)

It's likely because I am *very* active on the Shadow/Tanking forums but have never posted on the Assassin forums so all of the attention I got over there was bleed over from the Shadow/Tanking forums. The same is likely true of KBN. I also believe that Xinika and Wakalord are both a lot more active on the Assassin forums than they are on the Shadow forums, which contributes to it as well, so they've got more Assassin cache in that respect.

I *would* be really curious what it would look like if we were voting on a single Shad/Sin rep instead of 2 separate reps for each.

Yea, I figured that. It just seems so odd that the Assassin forums don't have a clear winner they want for their representative.

Looking at total votes I think yourself and Xinika would be pretty close for an overall both class representative if they did it that way. Though, some folks may be voting like I did; You for PvE on Shadows and Xinika for PvP on Assassins.

Edited by ckoneful

Kitru doesn't know anything about shadow tanking in PvP.

LOL. What is to know? Please tell us. Be sure to include your formulas.

1. Begin match.

2. Start QQing in the chat because you got in match with teh noobs

3. Rage Quit.

4. Queue up again.

5. Rinse and repeat.

Something like that? Kitru has tons of posts that deal with gearing, dmg, even DPS if you care to read. And yes, many of them cover pvp. There is nothing to PVP, other than what 5 warzones? Let me take a more serious whack at tanking pvp:

1. Always keep a guard on any team-mate getting attacked (if you can handle switching it mid-fight, if not gaurd your heals).

2. Spam taunts every cooldown

3. Stay in range of pocket heals

4. Spam DW every cooldown, and Force shroud against tech or force attacks.

5. Use phase walk to as both heals buff and escape when breakhout is on cooldown.

6. QQ in chat when team sucks

7. Rage quit

Sound about right? The questions I've seen posted by the leading nominated PVP assassins are complete and utter garbage, and if both Assassin and Shadow reps are PVP then this class is borked forever.

LOL. What is to know? Please tell us. Be sure to include your formulas.

1. Begin match.

2. Start QQing in the chat because you got in match with teh noobs

3. Rage Quit.

4. Queue up again.

5. Rinse and repeat.

Something like that? Kitru has tons of posts that deal with gearing, dmg, even DPS if you care to read. And yes, many of them cover pvp. There is nothing to PVP, other than what 5 warzones? Let me take a more serious whack at tanking pvp:

1. Always keep a guard on any team-mate getting attacked (if you can handle switching it mid-fight, if not gaurd your heals).

2. Spam taunts every cooldown

3. Stay in range of pocket heals

4. Spam DW every cooldown, and Force shroud against tech or force attacks.

5. Use phase walk to as both heals buff and escape when breakhout is on cooldown.

6. QQ in chat when team sucks

7. Rage quit

Sound about right? The questions I've seen posted by the leading nominated PVP assassins are complete and utter garbage, and if both Assassin and Shadow reps are PVP then this class is borked forever.

I don't think I've ever read a more disrespectful post shot right @ PvP on these class forums. Also, the chosen reps should not pick questions solely because of their personal liking. They should pick questions based on a community collective. This means like anyone else, they can present their questions, but it does not have to be the selected ones.

i think the extra free question should be about pve dps, since a dev did a whole interview about sin dps being bad and making excuses for it. some people think that sin dps is a bigger issue than tanking, but i do not feel that way. and we almost lost kitru because of it, and i think the pve question should force the devs to give us an answer, sicne eric said they are looking into it a month ago.

i think the pve question should force the devs to give us an answer, sicne eric said they are looking into it a month ago.

Well, we've got 2 months to wait and see what they do about the issues they've already recognized, which means that, by the time we ask, they'll have had over 3 months to actually do something about Shadow tanks (and hopefully Phase Walk).

Honestly, I'm *hoping* that the fact that Shadows were put on the absolute back end of the question order was meant to give them time to implement fixes to the things that we've already made a massive fuss about so that we don't waste a question on it. I don't really think that we can, right now, properly gauge what our question should be 2 months from now. Since they've at least *recognized* that we think it's a problem, it's got the *potential* to get fixed by the time we're able to ask about it.

My guess is that the fix will come packaged with 2.4. If not, I'd be pretty disheartened. That comes out in what, October? That should be plenty of time to do something as simple as nerf our self heals and give us 5% more DR. I'm not sure why this hasn't been experimented on already... nor why they refuse to comment on the issue.

imho can't be just 1 player as rappr section.

at least 2 pve and pvp, and there are other good player as ketupa/aranelde that know very well this class.

and kitru...is only a tank. and dps? :confused: nothing? lol

Edited by IInox

When posting why you don’t try a bit more decorum. This kind of post does nothing to help the community only show it how truly ignorant you are. As for your quote above, whoever is chosen needs to represent everyone and the two leading candidates I feel will do that well.

Edited by Rhyn

When posting why you don’t try a bit more decorum. This kind of post does nothing to help the community only show it how truly ignorant you are. As for your quote above, whoever is chosen needs to represent everyone and the two leading candidates I feel will do that well.

http://www.madsithassassin.com/2013/03/assassin-developer-interview.html

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=664980

I tried decorum 6 months ago when 2.0 hit the PTS. I was told to l2p, mostly by pvp players. My frustrations boil over when I read blurted out idiotic statements like "Kitru doesnt pvp tank"

I apologize to any fellow sins and or shadows I might have slighted with my words. I am a very pissed off customer at this point. See the interview with AP then take a look at the DPS numbers. I get livid. We have been lied to, and I am starting to wonder if it is not a personal vendetta against our ac. That kind of gross incompetence is possible, but we are talking about programmers.

http://www.madsithassassin.com/2013/03/assassin-developer-interview.html

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=664980

I tried decorum 6 months ago when 2.0 hit the PTS. I was told to l2p, mostly by pvp players. My frustrations boil over when I read blurted out idiotic statements like "Kitru doesnt pvp tank"

I apologize to any fellow sins and or shadows I might have slighted with my words. I am a very pissed off customer at this point. See the interview with AP then take a look at the DPS numbers. I get livid. We have been lied to, and I am starting to wonder if it is not a personal vendetta against our ac. That kind of gross incompetence is possible, but we are talking about programmers.

I understand. There are many of us displeased with certain decisions made. Let's try our best not to jump at each other's throats. Best we can do is have a civilized discussion and come to an agreement on what needs to change. Even if we do not completely see eye to eye, trying is better than nothing.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=660575