The Story of SWTOR, 2014

TaitWatson

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly a planet. More like another fleet level but you need to spend 2500 credits to get there - and it's not even a daily area.

But yeah, the guy overreacted.

Wait, are you serious? It's not a real planet!?! How do they get off calling it a planet if it's not even similar in scope to Oricon, let alone Makeb!!!! Mark my words, I'm about to be really miffed if that's the case! I'd expect massive blow back form the community & subs if that's the case, seeing as how they've been saying it's "Makeb-like". :i_evil:

Wait, are you serious? It's not a real planet!?! How do they get off calling it a planet if it's not even similar in scope to Oricon, let alone Makeb!!!! Mark my words, I'm about to be really miffed if that's the case! I'd expect massive blow back form the community & subs if that's the case, seeing as how they've been saying it's "Makeb-like". :i_evil:

The Makeb like expansion is something coming later this year.

Hmmm? The Makeb-like thing is coming in December or something like that. This is just the second bit of Alliances.

I am Hoping for more story/class/companion quests/missions.

I don't do group or pvp. So more FP and such is nothing to me.

It would be nice if companions could be spoken to or speak more rather than the same stuff over and over.

Espc your LI/Husband/Wife. 3 letters and that's it,, wow. :(

It would be interesting to know if Sgt Jaxo does play more of a role later to. She seems wasted.

And that Girl on Makeb, now that's a waste of effort for a peck on the cheek and a holo address that you never use and you never see her again. :confused:

What seems to be over looked are the people that Don't do FP so will miss out on some story/info.

So cater for both. :p

I am Hoping for more story/class/companion quests/missions.

I don't do group or pvp. So more FP and such is nothing to me.

What seems to be over looked are the people that Don't do FP so will miss out on some story/info.

So cater for both. :p

Forged Alliances are most likely setting up the stage for 3.0 expansion later this year. Just like Karagga's Palace set up the stage for RotHC, and how every operation except EV set up the stage for Section X and Oricon.

And if you refuse to play certain content, you cannot be surprised you will miss out on something (although I am sure that there will be a summary explanation available).

In the corner of the screen it says Manaan Facility.....and its upposed to be aprt of the new expansion...that must mean..

MANAAN WILL BE THE NEXT PLANET

:rak_smile:

Right, and Half Life 3 is confirmed...

Manaan is the flashpoint (and a pretty nice empty area) in 2.9, the expansion is most likely going to be on Lehon (aka Rakata Prime)

Lol was that a Wookie with a protocol droid's head strapped on his chest? For some reason that seems familiar to me...

Can i ask when are they going to fix there servers and stop making excuses, most of the people will notice this on downloading patches , or when they enter fleet how they some times take a min or so to log in ,and there Data usage is way out because the Game tries to keep rebooting the game all the time , SO I ask when are you guys going to fix your servers .

wish they would make Benhiko the blonde sith u Companion on the end of the new story :) for the imperials and The Brother of shan shantile Companion for the Republic :) would be so nice !! :p the blond sith as a Sorcerror :) with force storm and chain lighthing attacks and That brother like a sniper :) would be so nice

Can i ask when are they going to fix there servers and stop making excuses, most of the people will notice this on downloading patches , or when they enter fleet how they some times take a min or so to log in ,and there Data usage is way out because the Game tries to keep rebooting the game all the time , SO I ask when are you guys going to fix your servers .

*their servers *their data

Answer: Never. Their servers don't affect how long it takes for things to load or how long it takes to download a patch. That's all your computer and internet connection.

Assumption: I'm assuming that by "data" you mean the game code.

Answer: They're not going to update or change it. Something is broken and you need to run the repair if the game keeps crashing. And if you did that, make a post in the support thread, then practice great patience. Yor problem will be taken care of soon.

Statement: If your computer is of high quality, 6 core CPU, 8+ GB of RAM, GXT 600 series/700 series/Radeon R9 series you shouldn't have any problems like that. If you don't, then things will take a while to load.

Addendum: And as I saud, the patch downloading is based on your Internet speed.

Off topic - I just LOVE when some1 starts lecturing about sys requirements and internet connections.

If THIS:

Processor

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System

Windows XP (Service Pack 3)/Vista/7

RAM

Windows XP: 1.5GB

Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB

PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB RAM

Graphics Card

ATI X1800 or better*

nVidia 7800 or better*

Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

Isn't valid anymore, CHANGE it in official announcement FFS. Should be simple enough, no?

And for you, dear lecturer - I HAVE all you named and still lagging as hell, getting killed by S&V mist rats cause of slow loading etc. So? Any more smart comments / suggestions or you admit severs MUST be updated?

Topic related - for me the last good expansions were Makeb and Oricon, still feel stupid cause I actually bought RotHC, but ok.

NiM content is not a new "content" cause 80% of players can't participate due to tons of reasons as lack of skills, lack of time or whatever. I'm good with that or any HM stuff but it hurts my nerves and ingame wallet seeing how casual players struggling over Tacticals and endgame HMs.

I wont even say what I'd like to see in game's future cause it'll never happen but I'm interested what you ppl think about this:

http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/07/swtor-sequel-possibly-canon.html

Off topic - I just LOVE when some1 starts lecturing about sys requirements and internet connections.

If THIS:

Processor

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System

Windows XP (Service Pack 3)/Vista/7

RAM

Windows XP: 1.5GB

Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB

PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB RAM

Graphics Card

ATI X1800 or better*

nVidia 7800 or better*

Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

Isn't valid anymore, CHANGE it in official announcement FFS. Should be simple enough, no?

And for you, dear lecturer - I HAVE all you named and still lagging as hell, getting killed by S&V mist rats cause of slow loading etc. So? Any more smart comments / suggestions or you admit severs MUST be updated?

Answer: *Sigh* Being a meatbag, your retort does not surprise me. It's still not the server. I have computers that have parts less than and equal to what I listed, and have no problems.

Statement: I never had trouble when I had less than what I have now. But things improved the last time I upgraded some things for me, and will do so again the next time I upgrade. And a fresh install of windows would do some good. 7 might be good with memory management, but it still gets kinda stupid sometimes because Microsoft.

Admission: Granted there is a bit of time where the server doesn't update IMMEDIATELY (such as when getting out of the Gravity Field red circle that Corrupter Zero places) and you have to jump to update it that very second; but that doesn't affect you loading the game and into the next part of the fleet.

Statement: You can have a bunch of parts that are good, but if you have a slow or full HDD, your game will be slow loading too. Viruses, spyware, and malware will have the same effect. Slow HDD is the most likely cause of long load screens.

Addendum: The other possibility is that you have something besides TOR open that eats up RAM like Chrome or Firefox and have a bunch of tabs open. I do myself, and when I close it out, everything loads faster and runs smoother.

Statement: The only things the server is doing, besides providing access to the game, is telling your computer where everyone's character is and what they're doing and what their character has (items, buffs, debuffs, companions, etc.).

Conclusion: The causes are therefore the following in order of likelihood: 45% chance Full/slow/infected HDD, 45% chance RAM being filled up, 5% chance near max server population which causes your computer to take a while to load everything, 5% chance the server is having issues and everyone else on same server is being affected as well.

Recommendation: Any further discussions of this or replies should be sent via PM so as to not clutter this thread with information unrelated to the topic. I've seen the result of the master clearing thread clutter. It's quite beautiful to see.

Statement: On the same topic related comment, I've seen those who struggle with tactical FP too. They're not hard. It's bad enough when someone is not good at tanking or healing (whether it's because they're still learning or they're just not good at it) in a HM FP, but tactical FPs are so easy to do.

Addendum: And your link, while I stopped reading at the Manaan spoilers because I want to wait for release on the fifteenth, was a nice read. I'll read the rest after GSH comes out. In either case, it would be awesome if SW:TOR was labeled as cannon again.

Conclusion: Master, your works are wondrous as always. Even if they do come out with problems more often than not.

• 1 month later...