New level 50

Albytaps

Hey all. I just got to 50 and I know I'm about to be overwhelmed in what I have to do in order to sucessfully join PUG's for FP's and possibly Operations. I know, being in the right guild would be best but I'm in a guild of friends and wouldn't want to leave it.

So, I just turned 50 last night and logged off. I have many things to do but hopefully I can get some guidance here in what order to do them and what I can do to improve my character. This is my list of things to do:

1. Buy new skills and speeder - I have the cash to buy all my level 50 skills and a cheapo speeder. My ultimate goal is to get that 1.5 mil Ferrari speeder.

2. Get all the Datacrons - I'm not looking forward to this.

3. Finish up all remaining quests - I skipped Taris and Alderan and also have some quests left on Voss and Corellia.

4. Get geared up - I want better gear to do hardmode FP's and Ops. I don't want to be turned away from PUG's because of gear nor cause my team to fail because of my gear.

I guess that's it for now. My main concern is that I don't want to do PvP warzones in order to get geared up, which is what I heard is the best thing to do at level 50. Is it as bad as I'm thinking? Or am I fretting for nothing. I don't like grinding out pvp.

Thanks for listening. Any feedback is appreciated!

Dailies. Do the dailies on Belsavis and Ilum, nets you a LOT of money and the heroics will basically allow you to fully mod up one orange piece of gear each day with super-high end mods. The heroics shouldn't be hard to find a group for and the Heroic 4's can be duoed depending on your class.

As for datacrons, unless you're a completionist, focus on the datacrons that boost your main stat first, then the endurance ones, and the matrix shards. The presence datacrons are also good to get since presence will boost your companion.

Make sure you go get your lvl 50 matrix cube. Several guides on the 'net that tell you what shards you need to make the one appropriate for your lvl.

You really don't need to PvP to get geared. I didn't do any PvP after 50, just worked on my dailies and ran regular lvl 50 FPs and was able to get geared pretty quick and then switched to HM FPs.

Dailies. Do the dailies on Belsavis and Ilum, nets you a LOT of money and the heroics will basically allow you to fully mod up one orange piece of gear each day with super-high end mods. The heroics shouldn't be hard to find a group for and the Heroic 4's can be duoed depending on your class.

As for datacrons, unless you're a completionist, focus on the datacrons that boost your main stat first, then the endurance ones, and the matrix shards. The presence datacrons are also good to get since presence will boost your companion.

Make sure you go get your lvl 50 matrix cube. Several guides on the 'net that tell you what shards you need to make the one appropriate for your lvl.

You really don't need to PvP to get geared. I didn't do any PvP after 50, just worked on my dailies and ran regular lvl 50 FPs and was able to get geared pretty quick and then switched to HM FPs.

That's excellent info, thank you! I forgot about level 50 dailies! Are the level 50 FP's the ones I got at like level 48 or so? Directive 7, etc?

Thanks! I tried Directive 7 with a level 50 healer and another Sniper... however, we couldn't find a tank....

We got to this boss that was 3 droids and couldn't beat it with a companion tank.

Another question... was that Datacron that gives +10 to each stat hard to get?

Yeah, the 3 droids takes more fine coordination and control than is easy to get with a companion.

Haven't done the +10 datacron yet but from what I understand it's not terribly hard, mostly just annoying and it apparently becomes much easier if you have a class that can pull friendly targets to them like a Sage.

Hey all. I just got to 50 and I know I'm about to be overwhelmed in what I have to do in order to sucessfully join PUG's for FP's and possibly Operations. I know, being in the right guild would be best but I'm in a guild of friends and wouldn't want to leave it.

So, I just turned 50 last night and logged off. I have many things to do but hopefully I can get some guidance here in what order to do them and what I can do to improve my character. This is my list of things to do:

1. Buy new skills and speeder - I have the cash to buy all my level 50 skills and a cheapo speeder. My ultimate goal is to get that 1.5 mil Ferrari speeder.

2. Get all the Datacrons - I'm not looking forward to this.

3. Finish up all remaining quests - I skipped Taris and Alderan and also have some quests left on Voss and Corellia.

4. Get geared up - I want better gear to do hardmode FP's and Ops. I don't want to be turned away from PUG's because of gear nor cause my team to fail because of my gear.

I guess that's it for now. My main concern is that I don't want to do PvP warzones in order to get geared up, which is what I heard is the best thing to do at level 50. Is it as bad as I'm thinking? Or am I fretting for nothing. I don't like grinding out pvp.

Thanks for listening. Any feedback is appreciated!

What exactly does 'op' mean in this context? i hear it all teh time but in different context.

op = original post

op = overpowered

op = ops (boss)

if its boss is it short for Operations?