snipers need serious help

Labradoraki

I mean, seriously... Snipers are really weak currently compared to other classes, I ve been playing my sniper for 2 years now so i am very expirienced, it realyl needs to be boosted and heres why

We cant kill anyone with half a braincell because they take advantage of objects, they can interrupt our skills simply by hiding behind something while leaving dots on us or they can just escape if they were far enough and we cant really move throught he entire enemy line to get him...

Cover has the huge disadvantage of not letting us move, so anyone can just try to run away from oru range and its over, if we move we lose our cover advantages and die relaly easy, and nto to say we lose our entrench abillity..

I propose that all sniper skills should go through objects but just do 66% of their total damage

Snipers seem fine, as long as you play it right, you'll probably be putting out the most damage in any match. Commandos and Mercs are the only class that probably needs something right now, and its not damage or survivability either, they just need more utility that they could bring to a group (like giving out group buffs, more CC or an interrupt).

Snipers are fine. Whoever suggested lethality... OP is obviously a newbie. Newbies are better off sticking with marksman. Lethality is more complicated than marksman... its just lack of the *** SUPER BURST power that every newbie is looking for.

Even if he learned to play lethality and can now move around and pew pew people he will complain how come he cant move around and use explosive probe + ambush + snipe spam.

Edited by warultima

OLOLOLOLOLO.....!!! Snipers/GS are the best rangers i've ever met in MMO. It's perfection itself. Play a commando and then try Gunslinger/sniper. Feel the difference. Gunslinge is god of WZ if you know where to cover and what target to choose. L2p bro, l2p.

Snipers are fine. Whoever suggested lethality... OP is obviously a newbie. Newbies are better off sticking with marksman. Lethality is more complicated than marksman... its just lack of the *** SUPER BURST power that every newbie is looking for.

Even if he learned to play lethality and can now move around and pew pew people he will complain how come he cant move around and use explosive probe + ambush + snipe spam.

Lethality/Dirty Fighting isn't inherently more complicated than Marksman/Sharpshooter imho. Well, I only ever played Dirty Fighting on my Gunslinger and I really don't find it very complex. Vital Shot, Hemorrhaging Blast, Shrap Bomb, Wounding Shots - everything else is basically filler, you just need to pay attention to your energy levels and use Aimed Shot, Sabotage Charge etc accordingly. Sharpshooter's energy management is even harder though, isn't it? I'm not sure about that.

Lethality/Dirty Fighting isn't inherently more complicated than Marksman/Sharpshooter imho. Well, I only ever played Dirty Fighting on my Gunslinger and I really don't find it very complex. Vital Shot, Hemorrhaging Blast, Shrap Bomb, Wounding Shots - everything else is basically filler, you just need to pay attention to your energy levels and use Aimed Shot, Sabotage Charge etc accordingly. Sharpshooter's energy management is even harder though, isn't it? I'm not sure about that.

Energy regen is not that big of a problem since staying in cover gives you +1 per second at all time. Keep followthrough (trick shot) pretty much on CD and alternating in 1 auto attack per snipe/charged burst rotation you can go on forever. Most new guys are easily panicked into spamming sniper/charge burst and kills energy.

Another reason I think marksman is easier is because ballistic damper its beastly defensive everytime you go in cover. Its a 30% damage reduction to ALL damage for 3 charges once every 6 seconds. It's definitely more newbie friendly imo.

Most newbie sniper wont know what to do when they get force charged. And lethality is very susceptible to force charge and rely more on player skill in maneuvering their toon. Also lethality has a lot of dots, not many newbie would trade in their 5k ambush/aimed for dots.

IMO lethality is definitely more advanced sniper spec. If you ever do 10-49 PvP you will see about 90% of the sniper/slingers are marksman/sharpshooter.

Edited by warultima

I agree, Snipers need serious help.

Being able to spam the same uninterruptable abilities at range in conjunction with a knockback+root that doesn't affect resolve is way underpowered. Those abilities should be able to go through walls and have their range increased to 50m.

:rolleyes:

Things snipers need.

Fix bugs that dont let me get in cover. Love trying to get in cover and just keep rolling in place over and over until a jugg leaps on me.

Fix bugs/lag that cause the game to attack from my standing toolbar even though my cover toolbar is already showing. I have R bound to quckshot when standing and ambush when in cover. I go in cover..shows ambush..screen is up..but i still fire off a quickshot instead.

Being able to spam the same uninterruptable abilities at range in conjunction with a knockback+root that doesn't affect resolve is way underpowered. Those abilities should be able to go through walls and have their range increased to 50m.

and after all that spam the target lost 25% of health bar that they self heal even though they arent even a healing class. Love this game ;)

I mean, seriously... Snipers are really weak currently compared to other classes, I ve been playing my sniper for 2 years now so i am very expirienced, it realyl needs to be boosted and heres why

We cant kill anyone with half a braincell because they take advantage of objects, they can interrupt our skills simply by hiding behind something while leaving dots on us or they can just escape if they were far enough and we cant really move throught he entire enemy line to get him...

Cover has the huge disadvantage of not letting us move, so anyone can just try to run away from oru range and its over, if we move we lose our cover advantages and die relaly easy, and nto to say we lose our entrench abillity..

I propose that all sniper skills should go through objects but just do 66% of their total damage

L2P. My sniper is just fine.

BEST.THREAD.EVER

These threads get more hilarious every time, roflcopter. 2 years really? i am laughing so hard.

Edited by PowerReaper

and they should have the ability to shoot through the gates..then we'll have true class balance LMAO

I play a sniper and i love that class, it is fun to kill players from big distance.

From my point of view snipers are in good spot right now, not op as PT and Vanguards but very viable.

May be author is playing lethality which is crap spec for pvp, but MM and Engineering look awesome.

MM is more cannon playstyle. You dish big numbers from long 35m range with no energy issues. Survivability is pretty fine for ranged class.

Engineering is a king for warzones. Survivability is awesome , you can tank and self heal as a ranged class, plenty of control and hight burst. The only disadvantage of eng is energy issues in long fights.

As eng snipers i have upper hand over majority of classes in 1v1 situations. Against melee you can pop entrench, shield and two aoe on self, start self healing and watch then dying trying killing you. Any ranged have low damage on you due to your cover and mitigation but your ranged damage is like scorpion bite. I saw many PT and Vanguards tryed kill me thinking i am an easy prey but they were burn fast.

Edited by Roiz

Snipers do not need to be improved they are fine the way they are. I play an engineering sniper and I love it is wzs...does really well. And I also don't think any class needs to be nerfed because imho it comes down to the person behind the keyboard that makes classes OP. (And no I don't consider myself a super great PvPer either). Leave snipers alone they rock just the way they are.

Snipers seem fine, as long as you play it right, you'll probably be putting out the most damage in any match. Commandos and Mercs are the only class that probably needs something right now, and its not damage or survivability either, they just need more utility that they could bring to a group (like giving out group buffs, more CC or an interrupt).

Concealment could use some love to..If only to get rid of that *********** obnoxious clunky excuse for a "Rotation".