Snoke is Darth Plagueis the Wise

Zidovain

Okay if he is Plageuis or if he is a fresh new character, what's the deal with the wounds. I can't tell if it's cause the cgi got better or if the wounds healed from The Last Jedi trailer to the Force Awakens scene with Snoke.

But go back and look and you will see that he for sure looks different, in my opinion more human and healed.

The likely story behind that is he is in the process of regenerating his flesh since he was "killed" by his apprentice Sidious/Palpatine. Vague but it is just a plausible lore for the now deformed Snoke.

what if he's the dark side version of 'the chosen one' ? :eek:

Interesting.. Do expound.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rey is x!"

"Snoke is x!"

Does no one want to consider that Rey is simply Rey and that Snoke is simply Snoke? God forbid the geniuses at Star Wars create some original characters, eh?

Besides, we know who Snoke is. He is heavily alluded to in the books. Palpatine was aware of an extremely powerful dark side entity calling to him from unknown space. He set up a secret listening/research outpost on Jakku from where they were eventually going to stage expeditions into the Unknown Regions. After his death, Jakku eventually became the site of the Empire's final stand, where the survivors were forced to flee and eventually founded the First Order. Most likely, they found Snoke (or more likely, Snoke found them).

In summation: Snoke is Snoke.

"Rey is x!"

"Snoke is x!"

Does no one want to consider that Rey is simply Rey and that Snoke is simply Snoke? God forbid the geniuses at Star Wars create some original characters, eh?

Besides, we know who Snoke is. He is heavily alluded to in the books. Palpatine was aware of an extremely powerful dark side entity calling to him from unknown space. He set up a secret listening/research outpost on Jakku from where they were eventually going to stage expeditions into the Unknown Regions. After his death, Jakku eventually became the site of the Empire's final stand, where the survivors were forced to flee and eventually founded the First Order. Most likely, they found Snoke (or more likely, Snoke found them).

In summation: Snoke is Snoke.

I disagree. I think Disney's intention to make Snokes and Reys identity a mystery was obvious. The whole flashback scene and the fact that it's emphasized she doesn't know who her parents are or "what her place in this world is".

I mean just think of Anakins lightsaber calling out to her and quite frankly the fact that she is the star of the new trilogy is why I think her identity is extremely significant to the story.

Snoke himself may be a fresh character but I for sure think he is connected to someone or something from the past movies. I dont think they would make him so original that there is no connection to any of the old characters. Especially since to the viewer the new characters themselves aren't totally complete.

Rey as far as we know is still pretty much in her origin part as a character and storywise. This movie will probably be the bridge between her being an amateur/beginner in TFA and a powerful Jedi in episode 9. Just like the OT and the Prequel Trilogy with Luke and Anakin.

Rey's parents I think are Del and Iden Versio. Play the campaign and you'll have tons of questions left unasnwered :eek:

I seriously doubt that Disney is going to allow the movies to have that strong of a connection to a video game, that half of its audience probably will not play.

Edited by cool-dude

I seriously doubt that Disney is going to allow the movies to have that strong of a connection to a video game, that half of its audience probably will not play.

This. I see allot of people talking about Iden and Del being the parents for Rey and I just don't see it realistically from a marketing standpoint.

But I do think their child will be significant in the future maybe. Probably the next battlefront or in the books.

Edited by MajorZuma

This. I see allot of people talking about Iden and Del being the parents for Rey and I just don't see it realistically from a marketing standpoint.

But I do think their child will be significant in the future maybe. Probably the next battlefront or in the books.

My very thoughts.

They wouldn't tie the big reveal of the new trilogy to a video game many might miss.

Also, considering that Iden and Del live on very close to TFA at the very least, there's no reason for them to abandon Rey 15 years prior to that, and they'd be mentionning it or hinting at it in

Del's death scene.

I thought he was Plagueis but just a week before the release of TFA I knew he was not.

How many times have Lucas Story Group's Hidalgo and even some of the new canon material had to confirm that he's not Plagueis? Hidalgo said he's not Plagueis countless times and the Sith is completely extinct. Anakin fulfilled the prophecy by killing Sidious and his Vader persona. There won't be any more Siths after episode VI. Plagueis is dead. Just move along.

However, I believe we will eventually get a canon Darth Plagueis book about the creation of Anakin Skywalker. Hidalgo confirmed what Palpatine said about Plagueis to be competely true. He could create life and save people from death. But apperantly his backstory is very much different than the legends book as he said Lucas had a different backstory about the character, his death in his sleep was certain (not like in the book) and that's why they don't canonize the legends book.

Interesting discussion guys. Everyone has his/her own biases or opinions so yeah, it can be and endless but interesting discussion.

Here's something interesting --

;)

Okay this has a ton of info lol.

I saw an interesting theory in the comments that I didnt think was far out by commenter Martin Wells. Saying that Han Solo and Snoke have a history, and in the Solo movie they will explore that history and thats probably gonna lead to Snoke taking Kylo Ren, being Hans son. The commenter was using the way Snoke had sneered at the name "the falcon" during his dialogue in the Force awakens.

I could see maybe Solo being the one to injure Snoke, perhaps with the Falcon literally lol. Or I could see Solo took something from Snoke. Or took something from a place in the Unknown Regions or maybe he destroys something important and is the reason Snoke goes into the Unknown Regions. Or maybe he destroyed Snokes home ship which leads to the Supremacy.

Pure speculation, but I do think we see Snoke or at least Vader/Sidious in the Solo movie just based off of how the Vader scene from Rogue One is easily the most memorable scene of the entire Disney SW era. Plus I feel like Snoke era will encompass a few movies tbh.

Edited by MajorZuma

Very interesting indeed!

I love how they make things connect. That way each mystery comes in a grand or some special reveal. Builds up some hype I just hope it won't be disappointing. So far, SWtFA and Rogue One to me was a success so I got good vibes they won't screw this up.

Another curious thing is, for Snoke being all powerful, he seems to have a lot of fear for Skywalker. Now it could be along the lines that his fear of Skywalker is purely based on Skywalker bringing back the Jedi. Or He knows Skywalker is more powerful than him and perhaps they had a run in between 6 and 7.

Maybe his fear of Skywalker stems from Skywalker giving him the scar and possibly sending him to the Unknown Regions.

My personal take on this is that Snoke should not be Plagueis. For a simple reason: It should never be revealed wether or not Plagueis was actually real. The whole point of the scene is that, like Anakin, you are supposed to wonder if Palpatine is telling even a tiny bit of truth or not.

I liked Luceno's book from the Legends continuity (One of my favourite as far as I remember) but Plagueis should remain a mystery. His race, his motivations, and most important of all: If he was real or not.

I really love this. Palpatine was a liar and a manipulative SOB. Why would he not invent a story about a Sith Master in order to pull Anakin further from the Light?

Here is what I've dug up from multiple outlets, take it for what it is, but.I am assuming some may know this rumor already.

I've heard from multiple outlets who do rumor reporting that Snoke isn't someone we've met in the current universe. However, Snoke's biggest power is that he can consume the Force, very similar to Vitiate or Nihilus. IF so, I hate the fact that we can't just bring those characters into the universe as they are, or just create new characters with new abilities. It's taking the easy way out IMO.

Here is what I've dug up from multiple outlets, take it for what it is, but.I am assuming some may know this rumor already.

I've heard from multiple outlets who do rumor reporting that Snoke isn't someone we've met in the current universe. However, Snoke's biggest power is that he can consume the Force, very similar to Vitiate or Nihilus. IF so, I hate the fact that we can't just bring those characters into the universe as they are, or just create new characters with new abilities. It's taking the easy way out IMO.

I've heard variations of the same force consuming ability but I saw a rumor saying it had something to do with his facility and the black crystal ring.

Maybe he's really the reason Kylo was able to defeat the other Jedi and it wasn't Kylo at all. I mean looking at TFA Kylo really seemed weak compared to the other Villains we have come across.

I think in TLJ Kylo will be way stronger but I also believe were not gonna get the full picture on Snoke. I think we will just be fed a little more information, the main part of his overall swagger/hype right now is his mysteriousness. Their not gonna take that away in TLJ, they will probably answer a few questions and raise 10 more.

Maybe Snoke reached out to the other Jedi the way he did to Kylo but instead killed them through the force.

Interesting read guys. Everyone makes a valid point despite differences in opinions. A healthy discussion is more like it.

Heads up!! -

Star Wars theory I think is too convinced on Rey Palpatine theory. Even though I for one actually like the idea, and it is certainly plausible, there is nothing to 100% at this stage. So i don't think we should throw our eggs in any basket theory wise.

But it's not a bad theory.

I like Rey being related to Palpatine because if you really think about it, in terms of the overall story of the saga Palpatine is just as key as the Skywalkers pretty much. The Prequels were his rise to power and we saw in ep.1 and ep.2 his time as a political and then obviously in Ep.3 when he took over the galaxy. And then in the Original Trilogy he is the literal Ruler of the galaxy and Vaders Master. He really comes off as sort of an evil deity in the EU too with crazy godlike feats.

It's like in a figurative sense he is some sort of Dark Side Chosen One in my opinion. So I could certainly see them keeping his "name" alive through Rey.

Edited by MajorZuma

Star Wars theory I think is too convinced on Rey Palpatine theory. Even though I for one actually like the idea, and it is certainly plausible, there is nothing to 100% at this stage. So i don't think we should throw our eggs in any basket theory wise.

But it's not a bad theory.

I like Rey being related to Palpatine because if you really think about it, in terms of the overall story of the saga Palpatine is just as key as the Skywalkers pretty much. The Prequels were his rise to power and we saw in ep.1 and ep.2 his time as a political and then obviously in Ep.3 when he took over the galaxy. And then in the Original Trilogy he is the literal Ruler of the galaxy and Vaders Master. He really comes off as sort of an evil deity in the EU too with crazy godlike feats.

It's like in a figurative sense he is some sort of Dark Side Chosen One in my opinion. So I could certainly see them keeping his "name" alive through Rey.

That fits with my theory that Kylo Ren will be redeemed and Rey will actually turn and be the villian in episode 9

That fits with my theory that Kylo Ren will be redeemed and Rey will actually turn and be the villian in episode 9

The only problem with the Rey Palpatine theory is it doesn't explain the connection to the Lightsaber. And obviously there is no known love interest of Palpatine.

I do enjoy going on different sites and reading the various danmade theories. I've seen some pretty terrible ones that would probably make me walk out the theater and I have also seen some pretty epic ones that sorta make me wish happen. And there's the far out there theories.

But really until the movie premieres somewhere first we won't know anything tbh and that's if your looking to spoil the movie before watching it.

Also another interesting thought about Snoke is that I really don't think Snoke is his real name. Emperor Palpatine was Darth Sidious, Dooku was Darth Tyrannus, Anakin was renamed Vader, Ben Solo became Kylo Ren.

Two names is a thing in Star Wars. And Snoke doesn't cut it in my opinion for a supposed Galaxy Conqueror. Itd be interesting if Luke Skywalker upon confrontation with Snoke calls him by his real name revealing Snokes identity. Kinda like Yoda did to Sidius in ep.3 even though we knew Sidious's name.

Edited by MajorZuma

The only problem with the Rey Palpatine theory is it doesn't explain the connection to the Lightsaber. And obviously there is no known love interest of Palpatine.

How interesting indeed. Sidious has a face not even a mother can love :D

But ofcourse the conception might have occured prior to his deformity, still you make a good point.