Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet baby Jesus, this thread has gotten this far, it's a year later and they STILL haven't included a hood toggle. They gave us the faux hood toggle, "hide headgear" or whatever that makes our hoods disappear off our robe completely and apparently thought that was going to satiate our bloodlust, haha! Sorry guys, not gonna happen. Bioware I hope you realize by now we are gonna stay in your asses about this until we can put our hoods down the same way pretty much every Jedi NPC on Tython can do. Y'all gave us a taste of this with the Cartel Market robes, but what'd you do there? We can't put the hoods back UP on those! You guys have the technological savvy to be able to model, texture, rig and animate...CORUSCANT, but can't make robes where you can put the hood UP and put the hood DOWN.

Hood UP, Hood DOWN.

Yes, some of us understand that this is merely a cosmetic issue and that you guys spending more time fixing game mechanics is probably higher on the totem pole of priorities, but it's been over a YEAR. You guys could have had this knocked out by now.

What with the release of the new movies coming in the next few years, Star Wars is going to get VERY big all over again. If you guys want to be able to cash in on that with this game, I highly recommend doing what Blizzard seems to do considerably better than you guys and give your players what they want, big and/or small, before your game implodes. Please do, because I thoroughly enjoy this game and would like to see it last quite some time.

While I'm here, I'd also like to take this time to say that I personally would also like to see some LONG SLEEVE style robes. I bet you guys can figure that out too. ;)

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9797/robes3.jpg

http://img239.exs.cx/img239/9162/malerobes6bg.jpg

Wow, with a thread like this I am very surprised that Bioware fixed something like allowing masks under the hood, and not this. I also request that they add this toggle feature.

Don't you know? Making a simple toggle is a very complicated procedure for BioWare

Can we please close this thread?

You've made your point.

No. The fight will continue.

And what point? We have yet to hear a definitive answer from BioWare on this.

Edited by Bugattiboy

14 months in and we still don't have the hood toggle, which was originally promised before launch.

I have just one question:

Please can we have a hood toggle?

Yeah, I think we've learned EA ain't so great on the "following through on promises" part. And like they always say:

It's coming soon™

BW needs to just fess the hell up.

2.0 is testing, and no sign of hood-toggle.

It's only "really important" to them so long as people are still upset at the original massive screw up that caused this issue in the first place; the inconceivable notion that ALL JK players would just be peachygollygoodness fine with wearing NOTHING but hooded armors.

No progress reports can be given, because its not actually being worked on any more.

Stop with the "Oh it's more challenging than expected".

I work in project management.

Things are ALWAYS more challenging than expected, and despite all that, I am STILL expected to give progress reports on things that I am, you know, actually still working on!!

The reason for the silence has become painfully obvious.

IMO, the hood toggle absence is parallel with the Twi'leks being unable to wear hoods. There is no other reason I can think of that the developers would choose not to even respond to these "issues", and that is they are both intended with supreme conviction. The must really want it this way.

My guardian is Twi'lek, so I have zero chance of ever wearing a hood. My Lekku stands out amongst the hooded Borg, which is rewarding visually for me. At least they fixed the headband disappearing glitch last year. Something to consider when you roll your next toon. Twi'leks should stick to their guns and flaunt the fact that they have more visually aesthetic characters. After all, you rolled one, right?