Returning player - disappointed in new stories

RDeanOU

I am returning to the game after having played from pre-launch until Shadows of Revan. I have to say that I am really disappointed in the story choices made with KOTFE & KOTET. They simply don't feel like they fit with Star Wars to me.

Star Wars, at its core, is all about dark versus light. Even the Revan storyline was about finding a way to balance those aspects rather than abandoning the conflict entirely. The KOTFE & KOTET stories feel like they aren't really interested in light versus dark anymore. Yes, Arcann and Vaylin are evil, but they aren't really dark side characters in the way that we know them. Even Valkorion is discussed and viewed as benevolent on Zakuul, which makes zero sense with the rest of that character's story that we knew before these expansions. This is also reflected in the explanation of the ideology of the Knights of Zakuul. They view the force as a tool rather than a philosophy or a matter of dark vs. light.

Even though I think the story being told is interesting, it barely feels like a Star Wars story. It's as if it's a totally different story that takes place in a slightly different universe. This all combines to make the new storylines less fun and engaging to me than the original class stories. I find myself more interested in replaying those class stories than in playing new content.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, hold on. Think about it for a moment. Everything in KoTFE and KoTET is about a dark side seduction. The lie that there isn't a light and dark side (that you see inherently everywhere, including in your actions) is a part of a tapestry of story... that leaves you as a military dictator dealing with constant insurrections all over the galaxy. Even if you play lightside... your choices and the choices of others have left you in a very dark-side themed place.

Your toon just happened to get out of the soul eating aspect at the very end... but that doesn't negate the lie your toon has been lured into; they are most definitely seduced.