Collectors edition vendor

belizar

And it's not like the entire Republic fleet is not cosplaying Sith at this stage. Look at the mounts, banners and new outfits. :l

Yeah, this actually kind of bugs me. The cartel market promotes wearing the opposite factions gear....I know most people don't care but it's kind of immersion breaking seeing a jedi wearing sith robes, red crystal and rolling around on a sith insignia chair...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, has anyone else noticed that the Exclusive CE Aric Jorgan skin (Aric Jorgan 3) is now available to starting Troopers as a choice when they get Aric Jorgan as a companion now? So, not only are they not updating it, they've already started giving our exclusives away.

:(

BTW, has anyone else noticed that the Exclusive CE Aric Jorgan skin (Aric Jorgan 3) is now available to starting Troopers as a choice when they get Aric Jorgan as a companion now? So, not only are they not updating it, they've already started giving our exclusives away.

:(

'Already started'? They've been pimping our exclusives to everyone who could scrounge 5 bucks out of their couch cushions for months now. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see.

As far as getting update to the vendor, it's never going to happen. They flat out lied to us from the start, and have already stated that the Cartel Market is the future, and that updates for all 'secondary vendors' have been put on the 'to do' list. They included the CE vendor in that 'secondary' vendors comment, BTW. Check out question #8 on Dulfy.

They've said 'soon', and 'yes', and 'maybe', and then 'its on the to do list', but have never actually done anything. That interview was back in November, but don't expect to see anything anytime 'soon'™.

Edited by Valethar

Yeah, this actually kind of bugs me. The cartel market promotes wearing the opposite factions gear....I know most people don't care but it's kind of immersion breaking seeing a jedi wearing sith robes, red crystal and rolling around on a sith insignia chair...

I am losing my hope and faith in TOR.

'Already started'? They've been pimping our exclusives to everyone who could scrounge 5 bucks out of their couch cushions for months now. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see.

Dude, that's the Digital Upgrade Pack, which is basically the Digital Deluxe Edition without the download (since the download is now free) and that's had those items since before launch. The price has gone down, but that's no different than the price going down on the CE. Also, people who buy the Digital Upgrade Pack don't get access to the CE vendor.

What I was saying is that something that was Exclusive to the CE vendor is now given away for free to anyone who rolls a new Trooper. My trooper never got any customization choices for Aric. Zero, zip, nada. New players, both subs and f2p do, and one of their choices is my exclusive. Not the Security vendor exclusive (which would be more acceptable, IMO), the CE vendor exclusive.

:cool:

As far as getting update to the vendor, it's never going to happen. They flat out lied to us from the start, and have already stated that the Cartel Market is the future, and that updates for all 'secondary vendors' have been put on the 'to do' list. They included the CE vendor in that 'secondary' vendors comment, BTW. Check out question #8 on Dulfy.

They've said 'soon', and 'yes', and 'maybe', and then 'its on the to do list', but have never actually done anything. That interview was back in November, but don't expect to see anything anytime 'soon'™.

Then maybe someone needs to receive a call or calls from the proper authorities, about the consumer protection act. You know, to remind them that they have violated our consumer rights. I don't want to go that far. But I'm sorry, they need to be put in their place at this point, and know that they can't take advantage of a consumer with false deceptive, and misleading incentives for the purpose of a sale.

Edited by xorcist

Then maybe someone needs to receive a call or calls from the proper authorities, about the consumer protection act. You know, to remind them that they have violated our consumer rights. I don't want to go that far. But I'm sorry, they need to be put in their place at this point, and know that they can't take advantage of a consumer with false deceptive, and misleading incentives for the purpose of a sale.

It's true but technically they have updated it "that tauntaun pet" and it says they would update it regularly but it doesn't specify so I'm sure there's some loophole and they could say that "regularly" means once a year or something.

It's true but technically they have updated it "that tauntaun pet" and it says they would update it regularly but it doesn't specify so I'm sure there's some loophole and they could say that "regularly" means once a year or something.

That would be such ******** lol, you can't even call that an update anyway.

I'll give them a month. If nothing has happened about it then the faith i have in them will have run out and i'll look into the violation of our consumer rights.

I really hope it doesn't come to it, but one mini pet 'update' over the entire year just isn't cutting it.

I'll give them a month. If nothing has happened about it then the faith i have in them will have run out and i'll look into the violation of our consumer rights.

I really hope it doesn't come to it, but one mini pet 'update' over the entire year just isn't cutting it.

You should wait til xpac, if still no update then HIT IT :cool:

Just a thought...

What if, once a season of cartel packs times out (and the devs have said that packs will be phased out over time), the pack items show up on the CE vendor?

Think about it, the people with the collector's edition get access to gear that no one else can get (anymore), and Bioware doesn't have to actually create any new items.

I'm going the optimistic route here and hoping for what the future may hold. Godness knows if I were to look back at the broken promises of the past it would just make me sad.

Just a thought...

What if, once a season of cartel packs times out (and the devs have said that packs will be phased out over time), the pack items show up on the CE vendor?

Think about it, the people with the collector's edition get access to gear that no one else can get (anymore), and Bioware doesn't have to actually create any new items.

I'm going the optimistic route here and hoping for what the future may hold. Godness knows if I were to look back at the broken promises of the past it would just make me sad.

The only problem would be that most people would have the items from the packs whenever they phase out in the future,

The only problem would be that most people would have the items from the packs whenever they phase out in the future,

True, but being able to buy specific items, with in-game credits, would make the whole vendor worth it. I don't buy the packs because there's no way of ensuring I'll get what I need. But let's say I roll an alt in a couple months when that black market pack is gone, and I want a Satele holo statue. Bam! CE vendor. Considering the alternative is a pet once a year, I'd rather have that.

Just a thought...

That would be awesome for us, but it'd lead to a lot of crying for those people who spent a lot of money/credits on acquiring those (especially rare) items.

Just give us some exclusive adaptive armour for each class. I'd be happy with that. We would stand out, and providing the armour looks cool, so would we.

Edited by Jules

That would be awesome for us, but it'd lead to a lot of crying for those people who spent a lot of money/credits on acquiring those (especially rare) items.

Just give us some exclusive adaptive armour for each class. I'd be happy with that. We would stand out, and providing the armour looks cool, so would we.

Ahh, but we see the same thing in real life. It's called early adopting. Those who get things first, and don't want to wait, pay more. It's the same reason why Revan's Mask and the chair mounts were priced so much higher the first day they could be put on the GTN. And who knows, the devs could set the prices on the CE vendor, maybe Revan's mask costs 2 mil, maybe 5 mil. just because it's on the CE vendor does't mean it would have to be cheap. (ps devs: also doesn't mean it would have to be expensive)

Just a thought...

Yeah but 80% of players already have the gear... so it's not really unique. CE vendor is supposed to be uniqie items that only a CE owner would ever have.

I really like how you, finally, took the initiative and are bumping it up, demanding what are you rightfully entitled to. Screwing over the customers is not good. I am surprised that there is no one here yet to counter you and call yas "entitled brats" and stuff like that.

Actually I don't even have the CE lol. I just feel bad for the people that do who are not getting what they paid for.