Maintenance: November 5th, 2013

AmberGreen

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

To answer your questions:

The implementation of the In-Game Cartel Coin feature with this maintenance does include a one-time promotion for Subscribers to receive their first in-game purchase at 50% off. Please watch for additional details in tomorrow's Patch Notes and News Article.

Additionally, I noticed several folks in this thread discussing bug fixes, and I wanted to be sure to point out that this downtime will not include a patch at all, so there will be no bug fixes. This maintenance is being performed only to activate the In-Game Cartel Coin feature. The next patch is Game Update 2.4.3, which is currently scheduled for next Tuesday's normal maintenance time.

:ph_cheers:

Edited by AmberGreen

On November 5th, all game servers will be unavailable while we perform maintenance. The In-Game Cartel Coin Purchase feature will be implemented during this downtime, and there will not be a new patch to download. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday November 5th, 2013

Duration: 2 hours

Time: 3AM PST (11AM GMT) - 5AM PST (1PM GMT)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Apparently the Launcher forgot we're no longer on Daylight Savings Time. It lists the downtime as 3AM PDT - 5AM PDT, not PST...

While the extra cartel coins is nice where is the money being spent in the cartel market going?

It doesn't seem to be re-invested into the game, all the money people are spending the talk of the success of the cartel market the 6 months invested by the bioware team and yet all this but the game doesn't appear to be advancing. Its great that I have my eradicator armour set, my pets and vehicles and cool emotes and glowing eyes or whatever else I want to add a nice look to my characters and companions.

But all this seems a little pointless as I seldom see my companions outside of the ewok, no cut scenes and few dialogue options of late. With so much of the cartel market being cosmetic there needs to be more core game to make it noticeable. Such as companions round the holo terminal before landing on a planet when you can see them in their unique looks.

While the extra cartel coins is nice where is the money being spent in the cartel market going?

It doesn't seem to be re-invested into the game, all the money people are spending the talk of the success of the cartel market the 6 months invested by the bioware team and yet all this but the game doesn't appear to be advancing. Its great that I have my eradicator armour set, my pets and vehicles and cool emotes and glowing eyes or whatever else I want to add a nice look to my characters and companions.

But all this seems a little pointless as I seldom see my companions outside of the ewok, no cut scenes and few dialogue options of late. With so much of the cartel market being cosmetic there needs to be more core game to make it noticeable. Such as companions round the holo terminal before landing on a planet when you can see them in their unique looks.

Let's look at what's come out in just the past 3 months for a look at where the money's going and how the game has been advancing:

2 new Flashpoints (each with SM and HM): Czerka Corporate Labs and Czerka Core Meltdown

2 new Operations (each with SM and HM): Dread Fortress and Dread Palace

2 new Daily Areas: CZ-198 and Oricon

3 new Arena Warzones: Tatooine, Corellia and Orbital Station

1 new Companion Character: Treek

1 new Reoccurring Event: Bounty Contract Week

And in one month we're also going to get:

Subscriber access to a new mini-expansion/DLC, Galactic Starfighter, with a whole new game mode with its own progression system. (And another new Arena Warzone: Makeb.)

I happen to agree that it'd be great if we saw more of our companions and more story content in general (I'm pretty happy with how they worked story content into the new Daily Area on Oricon, so I hope they keep that up), but we've definitely been getting a decent amount of new game content so I don't know how you've come to the conclusion that CM money "doesn't seem to be re-invested into the game".

To answer your questions:

Additionally, I noticed several folks in this thread discussing bug fixes, and I wanted to be sure to point out that this downtime will not include a patch at all, so there will be no bug fixes. This maintenance is being performed only to activate the In-Game Cartel Coin feature. The next patch is Game Update 2.4.3, which is currently scheduled for next Tuesday's normal maintenance time.

:ph_cheers:

GREAT! Another week of BUGGED CORRUPTOR ZERO! GG Bioware!

Wish I can say I'm shocked, but just another *BW meh* not a priority - kind of like Sage/Sorc balancing.

Edited by dscount

Will there be a limit on how many cartel coins you can purchase on that first try that gets 50% off? Will I be limited to the maximum $39.95 package of 5,500 coins or can I buy multiples of that package all at once and get them *ALL* at 50% off?

If I can get more than 5,500 coins at 50% off I'm tempted to buy like 100K coins and not have to worry for a *LONG* time. :D

I personally don't see how this couldn't have waited until next week with the bug fixes like was originally planed, also nice going on implementing after the dye mods were up would have rather they were left there as a bonus to subs with the first purchase discounts but nvm, I'm just curious as to why they would implement without any patches seems like maintenance for the fun of it is all.

Will there be a limit on how many cartel coins you can purchase on that first try that gets 50% off? Will I be limited to the maximum $39.95 package of 5,500 coins or can I buy multiples of that package all at once and get them *ALL* at 50% off?

If I can get more than 5,500 coins at 50% off I'm tempted to buy like 100K coins and not have to worry for a *LONG* time. :D

To add onto this, couldn't you register multiple F2P accounts to take advantage of the 50% off 1st time and just mail the items over after 36hours?

L2 Read, they said subscribers only, means you had to be subscribed before the patch. Geez. But i think it might be possible, that you can purchase certain amount of coins through the game, or they might just make it so you can purchase certain items for certain amount of coins, which will be deducted from your payment option, but i doubt that. Edited by Nemesida

This is one of those rare times I feel sorry for bio, its been on the site for a couple of days, its in the launcher they day of the downtime, there is time in game, yet people still ***** because there was no warning. Edited by AussieAlan

• Dev Post
Would have been nice to have a countdown before the servers went down.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the lack of in-game notice before you guys were kicked today! Luckily, we were able to give you a few more minutes of time than intended before shutting down. :)