Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't me who's not reading the posts; where did I suggest it had anything to do with the NA Servers? Consolidation of the servers, and local merges, which you're talking about, are going to be difficult; not many people are going to be voluntarily switching, we've established that already. They don't have the tech to force a merge and it's going to cost money for them to initiate consolidation of local servers; if they're going to the NA Servers in the future anyway, why would they bother? Sure, they can initiate voluntarily transfers, as you said; they may well do that. But, as of what we've been told, they can't force anything on anyone so they'll probably view a merge as counter-productive in the long run. :(:(

I'm laughing at the fact that the people who shot down our petition (which we knew from the start probably wouldn't get us anywhere) on the grounds Bioware wouldn't listen are now trying to get Bioware to listen to them as if they're going to be listened to over others just because they either want to be merged to NA- which we know can't happen- or they're the APAC Servers aren't going to be consolidated. Isn't that what we were arguing for in the first place? Just a tad ironic. :rolleyes:

Now I'm hoping for action as much as anyone else, but nagging won't get us anywhere. We've already discovered the only way to talk to this company is with money.

We are still fighting the good fight, but there has been nothing established, and like the petition unless its made public, it will still be the forum visitors thoughts only, open free transfers and email ALL APAC people (we know they can do this as they have done it already for transfers from NA) and give them a choice, only then can we establish how many will transfer the rest is speculation based upon the handful in this thread.

We are still fighting the good fight, but there has been nothing established, and like the petition unless its made public, it will still be the forum visitors thoughts only, open free transfers and email ALL APAC people (we know they can do this as they have done it already for transfers from NA) and give them a choice, only then can we establish how many will transfer the rest is speculation based upon the handful in this thread.

Agreed nothing Bioware says is concrete they have already changed the plan at least once and even Eric has no real idea on timetable or anything. We shall see what happens.

Agreed nothing Bioware says is concrete they have already changed the plan at least once and even Eric has no real idea on timetable or anything. We shall see what happens.

It's a joke really, they will let you change ur server type while transferring to NA servers but they won't let you do it on the APAC servers!

no im just irked that 2.0 launched today and im still stuck on low pop servers, i really wanted to see the changes in pvp , but getting a pop on gav daragon is so rare now a days.

Yeah. I pre-ordered hutt cartel but I'm not in a hurry to try the new content since I'd largely be stuck with doing it solo anyway. I'll level through the new planet etc but other than that, it will mostly be same ol same old for me. At least ship upgrades have been fixed according to the patch logs so I can get back to farming coms that way in the absence of gf pops.

We are nearly three hours into the release of the Hutt Cartel expac and all of NA servers are light, more than half the EU servers are light, the rest are standard and (drum roll) the APAC servers Dalborra and Gav are both standard. There were 2 instances of Makeb within 15 minutes of Dalborra being back on line and there were Aussie, Kiwi and Asian teams everywhere having fun and wreaking havoc on the Hutts.

I am glad that I am not on The Harbinger at the moment, as my gaming fun would be much diminished! I am heading back to our rocking APAC community now ........ have fun everyone!

(I'm not sure if anyone has made this observation yet, so my apologies if it's already in here)

I'd probably be on right now but after 4 hours the update is still downloading. I assume it's pretty huge since normally even the biggest updates are less than an hour for me

Main Assets is 2.32 GB. Not sure about the rest, had to stop the download when the connection started having issues.

Yep,

Master D Light = 22 fleet, 47 Makeb

Harbinger "Light" = 197 fleet, 9 instances of Makeb

Master Dar'Nala is the least populated of the APAC servers, it shouldn't really be used to compare. Nonetheless, your point is true; the NA Servers are compared to each other, not the APAC ones. Even at 'Standard' level of Dalborra, the most active of them, you'd be hard pressed to find 9 instances of Makeb!

Thanks for the figures and pointing out how light, standard, heavy and very heavy are defined. I think that sheds more useful information on the whole debate than BW have since this thread started.....

Now if only the chronic lag spikes could be fixed between Aus/NZ and the west coast USA, we may actually have a playable experience on their servers.

Master Dar'Nala is the least populated of the APAC servers, it shouldn't really be used to compare. Nonetheless, your point is true; the NA Servers are compared to each other, not the APAC ones. Even at 'Standard' level of Dalborra, the most active of them, you'd be hard pressed to find 9 instances of Makeb!

You are correct but if you combined our 3 servers that would have given us 5-6 instances of makeb. Also how many ppl in those 9 instances of makeb on the harbinger are ppl from the APAC region??

Edited by ChuangTzu

You are correct but if you combined our 3 servers that would have given us 5-6 instances of makeb. Also how many ppl in those 9 instances of makeb on the harbinger are ppl from the APAC region??

True true true. I've always felt that all the APAC servers together would make for a plenty enjoyable population. I have more fun on Master Dar'Nala than I do on any of the NA servers, even without joining up with all the other APAC players, many of whom would already have rolled on the NA West Coast. It's as simple as that.

Edited by Master_Reuben

True true true. I've always felt that all the APAC servers together would make for a plenty enjoyable population. I have more fun on Master Dar'Nala than I do on any of the NA servers, even without joining up with all the other APAC players, many of whom would already have rolled on the NA West Coast. It's as simple as that.

lol you werent at the 'event' , with such a big massive advertisement of said event, fleet population abrely broke 200 on dalborra rep side and less than 160 on the imp side, so no even if the servers were merged we would never reach the population of an American server in off peak times.

for once i'm actually happy bioware takes a long time to get anything done.

it might actually give me a few months of playing on 30 ping before they get rid of the aus servers and i unsub.

yea, i'm in the same boat. it's also a little funny to see the ones who have been screaming and laughing at us, for hoping EAWare might change their mind, to be having a whinge of their own now that it isn't happening as fast as they like.

the initial anger has worn off, our points have been made and now all we can do is enjoy the game for what it is worth. i'm also excited for final fantasy xiv when it is re released as my ping to japan is around 150ms and that game seems slow paced enough that ping shouldn't really be a factor.

Edited by DonkeyPlough

lol you werent at the 'event' , with such a big massive advertisement of said event, fleet population abrely broke 200 on dalborra rep side and less than 160 on the imp side, so no even if the servers were merged we would never reach the population of an American server in off peak times.

200 at 5pm on a Sunday night is a good number. Add those from the other servers who did not take part, bring back those who re-roll on US servers and we would have good numbers. Not Harbingers numbers but we could have enough for a couple of instances on the fleet.

But ppl like you don't seem to realise that we could have a good pop and our low ping and keep our community intact. I have a lvl 50 on the Harbinger and running any endgame content is like pulling teeth!

But ppl like you don't seem to realise that we could have a good pop and our low ping and keep our community intact. I have a lvl 50 on the Harbinger and running any endgame content is like pulling teeth!

He benefits from the NA merge because he has 400+ms on Dalborra so he doesn't represent the population and is merely an outlier, something he fails to grasp.

Edited by PseudoScience

200 at 5pm on a Sunday night is a good number. Add those from the other servers who did not take part, bring back those who re-roll on US servers and we would have good numbers. Not Harbingers numbers but we could have enough for a couple of instances on the fleet.

The same "community" that takes cheap shots at each other on the forums? Were you even around from 1.2 to 1.4? Did you forget the level of griefing and bad blood that existed then? Too bad they deleted most of those threads on our server forums.

And people like you don't seem to realize, it's no fun playing a WZ against the same 50 people up to valor 100. It gets stale. This is why the PVP server died out a lot faster than Dalborra.