Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

KeithKanneg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey keith i had a suggestion is it at all possible to get a cross fashion companion customize vendor on the fleets seeing how alot of our companions are now cross fashion .rock on my friends
That would be nice. Or at least make all companion customizations bind on legacy so people can move them to their characters on the other side. Edited by Glzmo

Hey Keith, Eric

Is there maybe information if you get the old 3.0 armor "Revanite Enforcer sets " back in the game? https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/revanite-enforcer-field-medic-field-tech-professional-pub/

I don't know if you noticed, but the current Light and Dark side vendor legacy armors are old brutalizer pvp sets. So I imagine they will recycle the revanite and exarch sets at some point. Maybe 7.0?

And you got love with Manaan. I'm fine with more being added, but it sure as hell doesn't keep people playing or bring players back.

You honestly can't say that for sure ... I'm sure it will bring a few players back and/or keep a few subbed longer. How many? Probably not a lot but more than had they done nothing or just released a flashpoint with no stronghold.

Also if it's just recycling assets from the content already created (for the landscape) and a separate designer(s) who make the stronghold itself vs those designing content ... no real harm done.

You honestly can't say that for sure ... I'm sure it will bring a few players back and/or keep a few subbed longer. How many? Probably not a lot but more than had they done nothing or just released a flashpoint with no stronghold.

Also if it's just recycling assets from the content already created (for the landscape) and a separate designer(s) who make the stronghold itself vs those designing content ... no real harm done.

You can believe whatever you want. I know what I think. I don't believe a single player would return just for another house.

I didn't say it would harm the game either. Few additions can, CXP is the exception.

You can believe whatever you want. I know what I think. I don't believe a single player would return just for another house.

I didn't say it would harm the game either. Few additions can, CXP is the exception.

Welcome to denial then, it's a growing club for these forums so you won't be lonely there. :D

Fwiw Manaan kept me around a month longer than I anticipated being subbed so there is that but you said returned and I didn't really "return" for it but you did say in your earlier statement around player retention so there is that.

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

Welcome to denial then, it's a growing club for these forums so you won't be lonely there. :D

With Bioware Montreal closing yesterday (the guys who made ME:A), I don't think it's I who am in denial. I don't believe this game has time to win back the one person who you seem to know who enjoyed strongholds. I feel like it's a tremendously poor use of time and resources.

With Bioware Montreal closing

Merging with Motive

The interesting take from that is;

Motive Studios is currently headed by Jade Raymond, who has been working on an unannounced Star Wars project for the past two years. The game, which has no official title, is described as a “Star Wars in the style of Uncharted.” Motive also has been working with DICE and Criterion on the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront II.

So, maybe 1313 wasn't entirely killed off? One can hope. :p

Hmm... What's 'Uncharted' like? Would an MMO/SWTOR fan like it?

Not a gamer, I pretty much only play SWTOR : )

Honestly the series has certainly won quite a few awards, it obviously isn't all that bad (action / adventure shooter type of game). Good writing as well from what I've heard, no experience playing it though, no console :p

Introducing new SH is more to keep players buying Hypercrates and sustain the game.

Might have a couple that either stays or come back with new SH but certainly way less than PvE or PvP oriented content. Housing has always been considered as a topping in MMO not a mainstream.

Let me guess ...

Umbra isn't going to be an " actual Planet " - not even " Planet-Like ". Instead, its going to seem reminiscent to a

Small-Area. Having Content only for Level 70s

( Probably the Size of Ziost or Oricon, with practically no Exploration ... if any at all )

All caged-in with Invisible barriers & another Daily-Quests Hub that's going to be forgetten ( and stale ) after about 2 - 3 weeks. Lastly, with a forced-upon story ... followed by a Flashpoint that'll also get repetitive & stale.

Thus, replacing every other Quest-Area and soon to be emptied ... just like Makeb Dailies, Oricon Dailies, CZ-198 Dailies, and Yavin 4 Dailies , etc ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just ... please Build-upon what you already have - expand what's already there for other Planets.

Edited by Vlanzche

With Bioware Montreal closing yesterday (the guys who made ME:A), I don't think it's I who am in denial.

Your logic now is because Montreal studio is closing it means people don't like strongholds ... lol :D

I don't believe this game has time to win back the one person who you seem to know who enjoyed strongholds

The one person? Lol you're almost as funny as Kaizersan. Do you get paid to post also? :D

I feel like it's a tremendously poor use of time and resources.

So is 1 raid boss every 3 months but meh, what can ya do.

Merging with Motive

The interesting take from that is;

So, maybe 1313 wasn't entirely killed off? One can hope. :p

So an awesome story based adventure? Sounds like heading back to the likes of the Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy series and even into the Force Unleased games ... no idea why they stopped making fun story based action adventure games but imo Star Wars games have been really lacking these past few years since.

Sort of like you know ... this massive global corporation took over the license for making games in this universe and were only interested in cash over quality and the license has suffered as a result. I'm sure that's just my conspiracy theory mind at play though right? ;)

Hmm... What's 'Uncharted' like? Would an MMO/SWTOR fan like it?

Not a gamer, I pretty much only play SWTOR : )

Pretty great story, not too super violent if you aren't into that sort of thing.

It's sort of an Indiana Jones style game. Plenty of gun play (3rd person), platforming (3d 3rd person so sort of like assassins creed games), puzzles but it's very forgiving in where you restart parts where you die.

Some of the best games ever made imo

Let me guess ...

Umbra isn't going to be an " actual Planet " - not even " Planet-Like ". Instead, its going to seem reminiscent to a

Small-Area. Having Content only for Level 70s

( Probably the Size of Ziost or Oricon, with practically no Exploration ... if any at all )

All caged-in with Invisible barriers & another Daily-Quests Hub that's going to be forgetten ( and stale ) after about 2 - 3 weeks. Lastly, with a forced-upon story ... followed by a Flashpoint that'll also get repetitive & stale.

Thus, replacing every other Quest-Area and soon to be emptied ... just like Makeb Dailies, Oricon Dailies, CZ-198 Dailies, and Yavin 4 Dailies , etc ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just ... please Build-upon what you already have - expand what's already there for other Planets.

This game has been doing that for years now ... no surprises that it keeps doing it.

Expanding on existing planets would just be adding the same things you described to an environment we've already seen, at least this way we get something new to look at. :)

Feedback on this would be for BW to attack low populations first, attack all the current big bugs . . . offer incentives to concentrate populations on new megaservers using the 90cc process, work on guild ships xfer later....

Totally disagree with you on this one. Until they can do guild ship transfers there is no incentive they can offer that is worth moving. I have spent to much time with my guild unlocking it and decorating it. I am not moving and will not consider moving until they can move guilds and we do not lose our stuff.

Burden of proof is on you bub.

Not really because the truth is in the numbers of people who have unsubbed since the start after being dissatisfied with the game the number of unsubs is far greater then number of subs currently in game as subs represent support for the current state of the game.

Edited by Kaizersan