Accidentily missed marying Nadia

DRayX

This really sucks. I really wanted to select the option to marry Nadia, but during the last quest with her I selected an option other than "marry me" figuring I could still select it on the next dialog page, but then the quest was over and now I'm just screwed. I tried to figure out if I could reset the quest or something before I accepted, but it wasn't in my log. I think I am going to cry.

Does anything interesting happen after you marry her?

Edited by DRayX

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the... They are letting Jedi's get married in the game??

Every class can get married. It ties into the legacy system.

Also look at Anakin, Etain, and Kento Marek, there's quite a few Jedi in lore who've been married.

Edited by ScramblesTD

Not sure Anakin is a good example to be honest.

As for the others, are they from comics/independent books?

I personally hate the fact that they're promoting Jedi marriages. It's widely spoken about in the films as a non-jedi thing to do. Yet all of our characters are encouraged to get involved in these shananigans!

Well my consular won't be, and I definitely won't be having hanky panky with any soldiers or healers. No sir-ee.

Etain was a knight during the clone wars who ended up marrying a Clone Commando, while Kento was the father of Galen Marek, Vader's "second" apprentice.

Then there's also Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade, and Kyle Kataran and Jan Ors, Corran Horn and Mirax Terrik

And just about every Jedi from Corellia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corellian_Jedi

Edited by ScramblesTD

Every class can get married. It ties into the legacy system.

Also look at Anakin, Etain, and Kento Marek, there's quite a few Jedi in lore who've been married.

Luke Skywalker/Mara Jade is another good example of Jedi who loved.

All the Organa/Solo children had romances and were all knights.

Hell....I think 1/2 of Skywalker's new Jedi academy's founding members were married....

Not sure Anakin is a good example to be honest.

I personally hate the fact that they're promoting Jedi marriages. It's widely spoken about in the films as a non-jedi thing to do. Yet all of our characters are encouraged to get involved in these shananigans!

Well my consular won't be, and I definitely won't be having hanky panky with any soldiers or healers. No sir-ee.

The Jedi Order in the films were just one incarnation of the Jedi Order. Over the millennium the order has come to the brink of destruction and reformed several times. Each time with new leaders and new traditions. The council of the clone wars period seemed especially prudish when it came to love. They deserved to be destroyed.

I do not really care much about lore and all that. But wouldn't it make sense for Jedi to get married to other Jedi that are strong in the force...to you know pass that crap on genetically? The sith do and so it seems like the Jedi are putting themselves at a disadvantage by not doing this.

Maybe I just don't know how the whole force thing works. Anyway...

But wouldn't it make sense for Jedi to get married to other Jedi that are strong in the force...to you know pass that crap on genetically? The sith do and so it seems like the Jedi are putting themselves at a disadvantage by not doing this.

That's pretty much what Revan believed, and it made sense.

Two force sensitive parents had a better chance of producing force sensitive children, or even one force sensitive parent greatly improved the odds. He also understood that emotions like love could drive a person to do great things if they had enough self control.

He started as a Jedi, became a Sith and then became something in between, and more powerful than both.

I guess it just depends how far you consider the "lore" to extend. George Lucas and the original films are where the whole thing originated and any lore being referred to here is an off shoot of all of that. Whilst it's all fun and it's nice to keep it alive with new and factastic stories, I take anything outside of the movies with a pinch of salt for that reason.

Jedi can get married as much as they want in a book or comic written by a random, but until I see a fully blown jedi married on a cinema screen, then it didn't happen.

Jedi can't marry, be a Sith if you want to break the rules when you feel like it.

I guess it just depends how far you consider the "lore" to extend. George Lucas and the original films are where the whole thing originated and any lore being referred to here is an off shoot of all of that. Whilst it's all fun and it's nice to keep it alive with new and factastic stories, I take anything outside of the movies with a pinch of salt for that reason.

Yeah, no.

Look up the Holocron Community Database. It's maintained by Lucas Licensing to keep track of the lore.

If it's in there, it's canon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Holocron_continuity_database

Edited by ScramblesTD

Yeah, no.

Look up the Holocron Community Database. It's maintained by Lucas Licensing to keep track of the lore.

If it's in there, it's canon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Holocron_continuity_database

Oh, you're chucking the book at me are you? Well, if you want to go there - lets.

Here, catch:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/EU#Official_levels_of_canon

Pay particular attention to the section linked, "Official Levels of Canon". It's a good read and shows that there are many tiers of what's considered "official". Specifically, it puts George at the top, and many of the things you're trying to pass off as official lore, much further down the tier.

The top part is what I was referring to. In case you miss it:

G (George Lucas) canon is absolute canon. This category includes the six films, some of the deleted scenes from the films, the novelizations of the films, the radio dramas based on the films, the film scripts, and any material found in any other source (published or not) that comes directly from George Lucas himself. G canon overrules all other forms of canon when there is a contradiction.

Happy gaming :)

That's pretty much what Revan believed, and it made sense.

Two force sensitive parents had a better chance of producing force sensitive children, or even one force sensitive parent greatly improved the odds. He also understood that emotions like love could drive a person to do great things if they had enough self control.

He started as a Jedi, became a Sith and then became something in between, and more powerful than both.

And thus was borne the most absurdly written character in Star Wars history. Why do people think citing Revan is a positive argument for ANYTHING!?

You were saying?

See,

Also, this whole game takes place in an era of the EU, so trying to make a point of only using film lore would be rather pointless.

When your working with the EU, the EU rules take the lead.

But just to humor myself I'll ask you where in the 6 films does it say that Jedi cannot marry, ever.

Just because a particular council disallows something doesn't mean the rules are set in stone. If your old boss gave you a 45 minute lunch break, and your new boss only gives you a 20 minute break, does that mean the 45 minute break never existed at all?

Edited by ScramblesTD

You guys miss something extremely important from the original trilogy, which is as canon as it gets. Luke's story basically showed that the Jedi distrust of love and such attachments (both romantic and otherwise) was misguided. Remember when Luke tells Obi Wan's ghost that he can't kill his father and Obi Wan says "then the Emperor has already won." He thought love would doom the rebellion. But it is that love that redeems Vader and defeats the dark side. Nothing could be more light side than love. There is dialogue from several characters in the KOTOR series that seem to get this. It's not love and attachments that are the true danger. It's not being able to manage your emotions in such situations. Frankly, that would surface if you were in love or not.

This view also is a rather lame concept of love. It views all loving relationships as some sort of Romeo and Juliet tragic form of love, which is extremely rare. More often, love is supportive and more likely to keep you grounded.

That does not make them less dumb.

What's dumb is using movie canon rules in the EU.

Especially when the only thing the movies have to say about the whole Jedi marriage issue is Padme saying "Anakin the council would never allow it" or something along those lines.

Hardly a statement to build the foundation of your argument around.

You guys miss something extremely important from the original trilogy, which is as canon as it gets. Luke's story basically showed that the Jedi distrust of love and such attachments (both romantic and otherwise) was misguided. Remember when Luke tells Obi Wan's ghost that he can't kill his father and Obi Wan says "then the Emperor has already won." He thought love would doom the rebellion. But it is that love that redeems Vader and defeats the dark side. Nothing could be more light side than love. There is dialogue from several characters in the KOTOR series that seem to get this. It's not love and attachments that are the true danger. It's not being able to manage your emotions in such situations. Frankly, that would surface if you were in love or not.

This view also is a rather lame concept of love. It views all loving relationships as some sort of Romeo and Juliet tragic form of love, which is extremely rare. More often, love is supportive and more likely to keep you grounded.

As someone who considers himself rather well versed in Star Wars lore, particularly when it comes to the philosophy of the Force, I would like to congratulate you on hitting the nail on the head.