Server Consolidation

CourtneyWoods

If people who have had their name since the game came out, have their character fully geared and actively playing almost every day, and have built a reputation are forced to change their name because someone who subbed for one month in April happened to pick the same name on your arbitrarily selected destination server... your game is dead. Just FYI.

So I hope your "factors" for who gets to keep their name are a little better than last time.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously?? you're moving us AGAIN?!?!

I'm sick and tired fighting for mobs NOW and you're going to make it worse?? WHY AM I PAYING FOR THIS! This is NOT FAIR at ALL to the people who have been with you since the beginning!! I actually STRUGGLE to find a quiet time when I can actually get my quests done! And now I'll NEVER GET THEM DONE.

thanks a frickin bunch bioware.

NOT HAPPY.:mad:

If people who have had their name since the game came out, have their character fully geared and actively playing almost every day, and have built a reputation are forced to change their name because someone who subbed for one month in April happened to pick the same name on your arbitrarily selected destination server... your game is dead. Just FYI.

So I hope your "factors" for who gets to keep their name are a little better than last time.

The "factors" last time was just is the name available. So if they changed the factors to something else, that means those before are the ones who got screwed and should get their names back if the "factors" now would say they never should have lost them.

Sooooo, at roughly the 6 month point when most mmo's are adding killer new content, you guys are just finally fixing the server issue that you've been sitting on since february... WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is why I left. You have been so long in addressing your customers issues that I just left along with scores of others. With GW2 out and fixing problems as they come up and already working on new content and TAKING CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS... you guys are not gonna last without an attitude change toward your customers.

You didnt leave, you are still posting in the forums :D

If you arent subbed to the game, why the HELL would you even be here?

Well this is the reason I un-subbed in the first place. We knew the origin servers were going to get closed eventually, but then to announce, as others have said, a day before they put the plan into action that they will be closing the origin servers, plus additional destination servers, shows an utter lack of consideration to their consumers.

Whether its the issue of having to rename toons, long-standing bugs, inconsistent or non-existent content updates, and really just a general shabby treatment of players, BW is acting like a studio without anyone at the helm. The transfer matrix definitely indicates that a lot of the standard to heavy July destination servers are closing, and to compensate they are giving folks 4 additional character slots. So you'll have any remaining toons on origin servers, but additionally transfers and re-rolls on destination servers, more than likely all converging into a single server, with an allowance of only 50% more toons. That is unreasonable.

Personally, I'm pissed because I was waiting for an announcement of when their closures would start to resub and transfer my remaining toons accordingly, or not sub and just let it go. The response I would get, monitor the forums and official posts, well I did. And with today's post I actually got my answer, after being unable to do anything about it of course. In retrospect I should blame myself because I should have realized, BW (and all blame goes to BW these days, not EA), really didn't care about what 1 player did or asked.

About the only thing that makes me happy, is how some folks on destination servers will have the wonderful experience of being uprooted and moved, just like a huge majority did it June. Misery loves company, and with BW you'll never be in short supply.

FYI, I did resub today after hearing the announcement. While I have largely lost my attachment to the game (which definitely had the best voice-over work of any MMO), I haven't lost my attachment to the toons, so don't want to see them arbitrarily put in limbo or deleted (can't trust BW these days). I don't plan to continue subbing after the month, and will likely not play for free, at least until the game has a new studio at its head, or BW does some major mea culpas.

seriously?? you're moving us AGAIN?!?!

I'm sick and tired fighting for mobs NOW and you're going to make it worse?? WHY AM I PAYING FOR THIS! This is NOT FAIR at ALL to the people who have been with you since the beginning!! I actually STRUGGLE to find a quiet time when I can actually get my quests done! And now I'll NEVER GET THEM DONE.

thanks a frickin bunch bioware.

NOT HAPPY.:mad:

You do realize this is an MMO right?

I love seeing 100 people on a planet, sadly it doesnt happen that often.

If you dont want to see people while questing, Skyrim is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I had 8 characters on an Originh Server, because its only 1 destination server alreadty had 8 characters. I do not want all 16 charactrers on 1 server. They were on separte servers on purpose. Why could we not get a choice of several servers to transfer to? Why did it just have to be the one?

If they are all transferring to one server, then I am going to have to delete 8 of them now, and recreate them again on a differentr server. Why you could not say this months ago, would have saved me loads of time?

Or better yet, I will not bother doing anything and just not play any more

You do realize this is an MMO right?

I love seeing 100 people on a planet, sadly it doesnt happen that often.

If you dont want to see people while questing, Skyrim is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't think the problem is seeing the people as much as it is competing for the quest resources like you have to on Ilum or in the Black Hole. Even with a full group I find I have to wait for the clickables to respawn far too often.

I had 8 characters on an Originh Server, because its only 1 destination server alreadty had 8 characters. I do not want all 16 charactrers on 1 server. They were on separte servers on purpose. Why could we not get a choice of several servers to transfer to? Why did it just have to be the one?

If they are all transferring to one server, then I am going to have to delete 8 of them now, and recreate them again on a differentr server. Why you could not say this months ago, would have saved me loads of time?

Or better yet, I will not bother doing anything and just not play any more

Actually none of your characters will be deleted if you have more than 12 (the new slot cap) you will keep all of your characters you just won't be able to create any new ones unless you delete down to less than 12.

You guys really know how to *****, whine and moan about things, don't you?

Lol.

/popcorn

This is exactly what I was thinking as I read everyone's comments. This thread is just a bunch of people QQ'ing about losing their toon's name, instead of looking forward to a server that has more people. High pop servers can only be a good thing, stop freaking out.

Because it's obvious.

Transferees are the ones that have to change their names.

Yes, but there are several servers being transferred to one server. So if someone doesn't have your name on the destination server, but someone on a different origin server does have it, which transferred character gets the name?

Edited by lornalove
typed too fast

Because it's obvious.

Transferees are the ones that have to change their names.

Yes, but at this rate that's the majority of the players. We are going down to a total of 20 servers, in some cases 20 servers are being merged into 1 and in many of those cases a number of those servers currently have very large populations on them. Take Canderous Ordo for instance it hasn't seen a light population since launch. So with that many servers, even if your name on Canderous Ordo is not taken on Jedi Covenant, what if it is taken on Kaas City? Who gets to keep the name and who doesn't?

This is exactly what I was thinking as I read everyone's comments.

You obviously did not read everyone's comments because not everyone is talking about losing character names. The only mention of it from me is that I'd be losing my names to myself and that was an observation, not a complaint.

Honestly, complaining about someone else complaining is just as much complaining, and we're all guilty of it. ;)

Not forgetting what will happen to guild banks

On the HPTS, everything was copied over including mail and guild banks so, hopefully, that remains the same case since what they are doing tonite is the same thing.

Edited by KurganNazzir

Well, Bioware can do what they want. Your money bought you the privilege to play their game. Our sub fee covers that privilege and nothing more.

If they want to merge the servers again after this, they will and there is nothing we can do about it.

I welcome these mergers, be nice to have a large group of new players to group with and possibly shorter q times for pvp/flashpoints.

Im sure that there will be paid transfers in the future, people really need to calm down and give these guys a break.

Well, Bioware can do what they want. Your money bought you the privilege to play their game. Our sub fee covers that privilege and nothing more.

If they want to merge the servers again after this, they will and there is nothing we can do about it.

I welcome these mergers, be nice to have a large group of new players to group with and possibly shorter q times for pvp/flashpoints.

Im sure that there will be paid transfers in the future, people really need to calm down and give these guys a break.

I don't think you really get the issue here. The problem is not so much mergers, though I question the logic of the extant of some of the mergers. It is how this has been handled. This is going to affect a far larger number of people than the previous Free Character Transfers and it is being done tomorrow forcibly to thousands of customers.

Actually none of your characters will be deleted if you have more than 12 (the new slot cap) you will keep all of your characters you just won't be able to create any new ones unless you delete down to less than 12.

I am going to delete them, as they are clones that belong on another server, and I do not want them in the same Legacy name, it just stuffs up everything I was doing Then I am going to have to do them all over again on a different server, because you have no choice in where you can transfer too. The transfer process in this game is beyond ridiculous