Are folks still running lower level FPs?

I re-upped my sub this month after having been gone since around July and with the latest round of server mergers I'm wondering how folks are faring with the lower level FPs.

In your respective experiences, are you folks finding it easy to get into them with the group finder?

I find them much easier to get into with the Group Finder than they used to be, but there still seems to be this weird gap. What I mean by that is from 10-30 it's really easy to get FP pops, but from 30-49 it's like they disappear and people don't do those later ones. Edited by jmsutton

I find them much easier to get into with the Group Finder than they used to be, but there still seems to be this weird gap. What I mean by that is from 10-30 it's really easy to get FP pops, but from 30-49 it's like they disappear and people don't do those later ones.

When I was leveling my Gunslinger, I could get into CWG and MP without much waiting, but once I hit around 45/46 and started to having to do Red Reaper or D7, it was horrible. Most of the time any 50's that were grouped either declined or quit group afterwards (I'm not sure why, RR isn't that hard if everyone takes a moment to figure it out).

If you're trying to do a low level FP with the GF and there are no takers (Hammer Station/Athiss) it is a good idea to go planetside and ask people to queue up because sometimes new players don't know how to use the GF or even know it is there and sometimes people just need a little nudge to click on it. (Now that they have added the 'return to previous spot, it will probably/hopefully get more players to use it while leveling without the worry of having to go to the fleet again and lose their place.)

When I was leveling my Gunslinger, I could get into CWG and MP without much waiting, but once I hit around 45/46 and started to having to do Red Reaper or D7, it was horrible. Most of the time any 50's that were grouped either declined or quit group afterwards (I'm not sure why, RR isn't that hard if everyone takes a moment to figure it out).

If you're trying to do a low level FP with the GF and there are no takers (Hammer Station/Athiss) it is a good idea to go planetside and ask people to queue up because sometimes new players don't know how to use the GF or even know it is there and sometimes people just need a little nudge to click on it. (Now that they have added the 'return to previous spot, it will probably/hopefully get more players to use it while leveling without the worry of having to go to the fleet again and lose their place.)

Didn't know they fix the lfg return to prvious spot. That's the only reason I rarely bother with the lfg for pve while leveling.

Both of my characters are healer (Sorcerer level 40, Operative level 31) and I usually find a group in less than 30 minutes with the group finder. I guess the wait time is longer for the DPS characters, but for healer and tank the queued time is pretty reasonable.

I'm on Prophecy of Five one of the busiest servers, and I spent 11hours 25minutes in the Queue. Not sure if that's some type of record or typical....

Level 40'ish FP's, although I did get kicked 6 times due to innactivity.

If you are a Tank or Healer it is not too difficult to queue, but it is still a pretty long wait.

I have three characters right now and all three are healers (50 Counselor, 25 Inquisitor, 25 IA Operative) , so I'll give it a go tonight and see what happens.

Thanks for all the responses, folks.

Edited by MarkBruno

My experience leveling my Gunslinger on Jedi Covenant is that I got frequently reliable pops all the way up until Athiss. One or two pops for Mandalorian Raiders, and then after that I am not really getting any pops at all.

Maybe leveling my tank will be different.

For Tanks, the pop is instantaneous. For healers, the pop is quick (usually only as long as it takes for a single tank to q). For DPS, it can take a while. Just has to do with representative population. Best way to get these is to level as a tank or healer.

I find them much easier to get into with the Group Finder than they used to be, but there still seems to be this weird gap. What I mean by that is from 10-30 it's really easy to get FP pops, but from 30-49 it's like they disappear and people don't do those later ones.

This is true, but I'd modify it to say between 10-30 (up to Cademimu) it's really easy, from 30-42ish it's pretty tough, then from 42 up (colicoid and RR), it's easy again. If I had to guess why, it would be because the tanks might be dps or healer mains from the other faction and don't know the two cross-faction flashpoints that pop in the 30s and thus, don't q or respec dps for about 10 levels.

Edit: this is based on my experiences leveling two post-merger toons on Jedi Covenant.

Edited by Larry_Dallas

For Tanks, the pop is instantaneous. For healers, the pop is quick (usually only as long as it takes for a single tank to q). For DPS, it can take a while. Just has to do with representative population. Best way to get these is to level as a tank or healer.

In my experience, levelling as a tank or healer is slow. I'm levelling a JG in tank spec at the moment, and planetside questing is significantly slower than with a DPS. I know a lot of people level their characters as DPS for this reason and and re-spec at 50. That probably means there's an even bigger shortage of tanks and healers at mid-levels than at end game. (At low levels it doesn't matter, because up until about lv20 a DPS is pretty much the same as a healer or tank, they haven't accrued enough skill points yet for there to be a huge difference.)

My experience leveling my Gunslinger on Jedi Covenant is that I got frequently reliable pops all the way up until Athiss. One or two pops for Mandalorian Raiders, and then after that I am not really getting any pops at all.

Maybe leveling my tank will be different.

I have exactly the same experience on my server

It seems sooooo random at times.

There's been days where I would log in with my Sith, get ton's of group finder FP's in a 4-5 hour play session. Next day...SAME FP's...not a one. Not a single FP in roughly the same amount of time.

Then switch to Pub....and same thing would happen.

So it honestly just depends on the day for me. :rolleyes:

I used to, but i stopped doing pre-50 flashpoints, personally got fed up with getting pestered to skip everything, why should i ruin my experience because they want to rush through it like morons?

Either way, i just solo up to level 50, i will never understand other players' impatients or stupidity to repeat the same flashpoint all day long.