5th class idea and Playable Spiecies idea

DarthSlin

ok i was thinking about the classes lately.So only one class can be just Tank/DPS and 3 classes where you have the choice of Healz/Tank/DPS.So what about this.

Republic

Priviteer

Starting weapons:Blaster pistol and Techblades

Resource:Energy(kinda similar to smuggler)

Attribute:Aim

Advance Class

Swash Buckler

Weapons:Blaster,Techblade

Armor:Medium

Role: Dps

Focuses mainly on using highly skilled melee attacks using his Techblades and only uses his trusty blaster in emergencies.

Corsair

Weapons:vibroknife,Shotgun

Armor:Heavy

Role:Tank/Dps

These courage's people get upclose and personal to there enemy.They can use there specialized stolen tech enhancements(buff only) to bring up their personal shields or advance weapon upgrades.

Empire

Pirate

Starting weapons:Blaster rifle and Techblades

Resource:Energy(kinda similar to Agent)

Attribute:Aim

Advance Class

Gangster

Weapons:Techblade and Rifle

Armor:Medium

Role: Dps

Focuses mainly on using highly skilled melee attacks using his Techblade but can use his rifle in extreme situations.

Raider:

Weapons:Techblade,Vibroknife

Armor:Heavy

Role:Tank/Dps

These ruthless people get upclose and personal to there enemy.They can use there specialized stolen modifications(buff only) to bring up their personal shields or advance weapon upgrades.

ok so for this it would be cool to make Weequay and maybe Duros as new playable species.

I hope you guys and any devs like my ideas for some new gameplay.Also with my ideas devs can go crazy with the powers.And please give me some feedback.

Edited by DarthSlin

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea they could be lots of fun. Another Class I thought would be fun would be a Raider.

Class- Raider

Roles- Ranged Dps, Melee Dps

Armor- Medium

Weapons- Snipers, Blaster Rifles (Bowcasters), Techstaffs, Techblades

Advance Classes-

Hunter- Talents increase ranged shooting = Sniper and Blaster Rifles

Barbarian- Talents equal out to fast melee = Techstaffs and techblades

Special about class- Raiders can use companions while in full group or operation (Example: Hunter in Warcraft)

A downfall to this class probably would have to be weaker then a sentienel or maurader to equal out having a companion in full group/operation

For Species if they unlock Nautolan or Togruta I would be EXTREAMLY happy but a Gammorian would fit nicely into this class also. I would also like running around as a Mon Calamari all these species would make this the best game for me in the world (already is but it would make it even better ;))

Edited by Goodthunder

Also, that'd require a rework of the entire Ops groups system, to allow a pet or companion out in an Ops group.

Actually, there's already an existing mechanism used by the game that could be co-opted by a pet class/AC without interacting with the companion system *or* being impacted by ops groups. Most people just don't know or remember it's there bec/se it's used once and only by a specific subset of characters: the Biochem benefit on Athiss. It throws a unique buff on the player that summons an Akk Dog that follows you around just like an extra companion. The only way that it's different is that you don't get a nice little UI set up to see all of its information and, in its current implementation, it's a 10 minute buff that falls off immediately if/when said pet dies.

It wouldn't be that difficult to coopt said mechanism, add a couple of additional class abilities that mess with your pet's threat table (one that generates a functional infinite amount of threat on a target to get your companion to attack that target; another that zeros out all threat to get them to stop attacking) and have an entirely mechanically viable pet functionality for a class. The pet summons themselves could be the "stances" of the class (one summons an mdps pet, another summons an rdps, and a third summons a pseudo-tank, support, or healer) that are identical to the previously mentioned buff with the exception of indefinite durations.

The problem with a pet class (or any new class) isn't in the mechanical viability of it. It's in the developmental costs associated with writing, voicing, and, potentially, creating an entirely new starting planet.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok first I would hate cathar as a PS because of all the Thunder cat jokes(Like make your self look like Liono and give yourself the Cathar honor sword(a.k.a The sword of Omens)

2nd i still think my idea would be cool because it would freshen up this game

and

What is star wars without Pirates and Privoteers....Isnt that what RotHC is all about?

Ok first I would hate cathar as a PS because of all the Thunder cat jokes(Like make your self look like Liono and give yourself the Cathar honor sword(a.k.a The sword of Omens)

They already said that Cathar were coming...granted they said before the end of 2012 but they've gone out of their way to say Cathar are coming (and it may be a self fulfilling prophecy but I noticed on Makeb there are a lot more Cathar NPCs so that might allude to them coming out soon...or nothing at all.)

On an unrelated note. (someone mentioned it earlier)

I would love to see Beastmaster done right. I do agree it would take a lot of work to balance it in ops and what not but I think it's doable (I think it could easily be done in a way similar to WoW or Guild Wars where the pet is basically just an extension of you mechanically, where together you equal a full character).

The main issues I would see is: what should the character his/herself be like? Would they be a Jedi (like that girl NPC on the Republic landing area of Makeb who is a Sentinel Beastmaster) or a tech user.

Also companions plus pets could make the character a bit much to control or too easy to play solo (Where about 66-75% of the work isn't really being done by you).

IF they did it I think the way to do it I don't know how they would work the base class but I think one advanced class would be a droid commander and another a beast-master. Alternatively you could do one as a Jedi/Sith type and another as Tech of some flavor. The specifics of all of that I think are left up to developers (yes it's fun coming up with ideas but at the end of the day if the do implement something like that they won't want to be basing the entire class off a forum post but maybe the main idea).

Haha I love the idea. I would like to roll a melee character without the glowbats, that is what attracted me to vanguard way back in beta but would love a vibroblade class. I know I could roll a jedi and use vibroblades but there is still the force aspect of it, never been a fan of the whole jedi thing that's why all my characters are troopers/smugglers/BH/Agent. Altough I am comptemplating on rolling a guardian and letting him use trooper looking armor and a viboblade, Anyways back on topic I like the idea so yes /signed. Edited by BardaTheHobo