Episode VII Cast News

Selorian

I would change the title to 'Huge news regarding the Disney purchase', because that's what this is, unless I'm mistaken, they just confirmed that the EU is mostly protected and that Carrie, Harrison and Mark are already signed and a few smaller things.

I would change the title to 'Huge news regarding the Disney purchase', because that's what this is, unless I'm mistaken, they just confirmed that the EU is mostly protected and that Carrie, Harrison and Mark are already signed and a few smaller things.

Which part leads you to believe the EU is protected? The only thing I saw remotly close to that was that Disney looked a "the holocron" before the purchase. BURN IT WITH FIRE DISNEY, HOT HOT FIRE

Which part leads you to believe the EU is protected? The only thing I saw remotly close to that was that Disney looked a "the holocron" before the purchase. BURN IT WITH FIRE DISNEY, HOT HOT FIRE

It seemed like Lucas was trying to protect ALL of it, not just the films/shows, the way it reads.

Also, why burn decades of extremely hard work? fans like you I will never understand.

It seemed like Lucas was trying to protect ALL of it, not just the films/shows, the way it reads.

Also, why burn decades of extremely hard work? fans like you I will never understand.

Decades of making money hand over fist on Mary Sue characters that have been milked for everything they are worth. I call for a reset personally. I dont see how that is hard to understand.

Decades of making money hand over fist on Mary Sue characters that have been milked for everything they are worth. I call for a reset personally. I dont see how that is hard to understand.

Money makijng hand voer fist. yup I can't see why Disney'd not be intrested in that.

DId Disney put any of the lore from the EU of Marvel that they had been making money had over fist on into the Avengers or any of the movies they have made around Marvel? Nope good ole patriotic Cap and rage Hulk FTW. That is what I hope for from the new era of Star Wars.

Mary Sue characters? Who? Last I checked, not all of them(the ones who are important) are perfect.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Mary Sue characters? Who? Last I checked, not all of them(the ones who are important) are perfect.

Oh come on man, you are gonna take EU Luke and put him in a movie? The history channel is already doing that. Its called "The Bible" with EU Luke Skywalker playing as GOD.

Oh come on man, you are gonna take EU Luke and put him in a movie? The history channel is already doing that. Its called "The Bible" with EU Luke Skywalker playing as GOD.

Who even knows, this is Luke at his fullest potential realized? Who knows, that he'll be a main character anyway? Besides, a Mary/Gary Sue/Stu isn't just a person who has insane power, they also don't have any flaws, they have things go there way, their life is perfect etc etc. Luke aside from his insane power(which he gained over time, it isn't like he woke up one day and was like that so even then that doesn't make him a Sue cause he worked on it), he isn't a perfect being.

Personal problems dont make or unmake a Sue. Having just the right solution at just the right time no matter what the situation does. The EU is full of these characters, and Luke is just the most convinent one to bring up.

Personal problems dont make or unmake a Sue. Having just the right solution at just the right time no matter what the situation does. The EU is full of these characters, and Luke is just the most convinent one to bring up.

So I guess being beaten by Palpatine and turning to the darkside, is having a solution to a problem? Anyway this isn't exactly the thread to talk about this so best to drop it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Will be interesting to see what Disney does. I like the EU stuff I have seen that is between the movies, but anything after I havent cared for. The one excption to that is kyle katarn the jedi knight storyline was the first one that interested me in the EU to begin with.

So the big three are on board know? I wonder what they'll be doing... I suppose its rather a given they'll make some sort of appearance.

But yeah, I wouldn't shed a tear is the majority post-ROTJ period was wiped clean. Granted their are some good parts e.g. Thrawn Trilogy, Mara Jade, which should remain. But there are some parts that just don't sit well with me e.g. the Yuzhavaza Vongado, Reborn Palpatine (which just flies in the face of the Original Trilogy), overpowered Luke Skywalker, Darth Krayt and his creepy army of goths etc. etc. its just lost touch with what Star Wars is all about.

Lucas has never regarded the EU as what actually happened to the characters from the films.

"And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..." - George Lucas in Total Film, 2008.

Disney received a story treatment for the sequels as part of the sale of Lucasfilm, so it's a pretty good bet that the story as told will have nothing at all to do with the EU, and probably invalidate a lot of it.

I think it's good they're avoiding the post-RotJ EU stuff - which I universally dislike, aside from the Zahn novels - but I'm disappointed they're going back to the original characters. Time for new stories about new characters, rather than flogging the, "Luke and Han, they're so awesome, we want to see more of them!" line.

Yes, wipe the slate clean and brush off all the dead weight that's crept in with the novels/comics that really didn't contribute much to Star Wars aside from inundate us with recycled material from the films.

Oh, look! It's another Empire! Again! With slightly remodeled TIE Fighters!

No, no, wait! It's Luke Skywalker's grandson! Or his great-great grandson... Blech.