Why IMPS are so bad? (PvP)

darthgamer

Ditto.

"Server transfers are coming."

"Cross-server pvp queues are coming."

They'd make such a difference, but I think most people have given up hope and left. So Imp is only getting worse and worse, unless you're in a premade and even then its not a guaranteed win.

Yeah pretty much this. My optimism is pretty much burned out and my guild/friends are the only reason I'm even still playing the game.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though Uncensored is regarded as the strongest empire guild, we don't go in a wz expecting to win anymore. If we're not a full premade, the odds aren't that good. If we're a full premade, we win more than we lose but it's far from the results we get when we queue pub side.

However, I still enjoy the challenge somehow, but I burn out daily faster than I used to. If I get a streak of 3-4 losses I'll usually go pub side, log out or go level... whatever.

Another thing that may help me stay motivated is that I play ranked warzone, so that compensate a lot for the feeling of losing without being able to do anything. Sadly, I know this isn't an option for anyone, but if you get the chance, you should consider it.

Because all the good imps from Canderous Rerolled Pub (*Cough* LD50 *Cough*). So imps got stuck with the short end of the stick with terrabad imps coming from other servers. Only decent imps I've seen are the guys from Honor and occasionally the Try Hards.

this lol... then they complain about lack of competition. hilarious.

Because all the good imps from Canderous Rerolled Pub (*Cough* LD50 *Cough*). So imps got stuck with the short end of the stick with terrabad imps coming from other servers. Only decent imps I've seen are the guys from Honor and occasionally the Try Hards.

There are still some good imps, but the imperials problem is simply battered wife syndrome. You guys are so used to losing that a lot of your players go to a WZ and don't give a damn. While on pub side there will always be players that are bad but they still try to win the game (most of the time). Nobody can really blame the pathetic state of imperial pvp on a handful of people who rerolled. It takes effort from the community to change the overall mentality.

People are a little too quick to place blame rather than fix their own crap these days.

There are still some good imps, but the imperials problem is simply battered wife syndrome. You guys are so used to losing that a lot of your players go to a WZ and don't give a damn. While on pub side there will always be players that are bad but they still try to win the game (most of the time). Nobody can really blame the pathetic state of imperial pvp on a handful of people who rerolled. It takes effort from the community to change the overall mentality.

People are a little too quick to place blame rather than fix their own crap these days.

Hm? I dont play imp side. I've been pub since before pub was cool. But thanks for the analysis :p?

I q my 7 toons every day and always run into watchmen / ld or an alt of ld / thunder cats (who by the way only super q regs havent seen them in a ranked yet) all morning. the afternoons are a little better because try hards and more of uncensored is on. but mornings are really rough. The only time i see healz is if im playing my healing toons. its pretty bad. i dunno whats going on with the dps not even topping 200k either but in general IMP pvp is terrible right now. If i see some guys that seem to know whats going on ill try to get a group going but without vent like the other guilds there is a lot of lag in convo. i dont even know how many times ive been the only one in the chat window for the whole match. I used to rage now i just laugh and run over to LD saying just 3 cap us so i can get my daily done quicker.

I did the same the other week, the whole team I was on in a CW was trying to zerg snow they left no one at mid so wanting to get out of the mess as soon as possible, "/say jagger cap mid there isn’t anyone there, seriously"

I’ve noticed more healers in warzones recently but lately I generally only play a few games a day after I finish my daily , our biggest problem is DPS, I should never out dps a dps class that isn’t guarding a node or something, and I frequently do with my odd grenade, shiv, and orbital strike. That’s why I wish they gave pvp gear gimp stats and have expertise balance out the missing stats, I think we get alot of fail PvE'ers looking to grind out a decent set of gear, a WH set isn’t horrible for pve, and now with its reduced costs people are going to flock to pvp to get a quick pve set. All things aside, if you can’t break 300k in a full warzone you should look at playing another style of game, I’ve played in way to many games with multiple folks only hitting 170k or less

The pvp imbalance from CO carried over to JC, the pubs on CO were stacked with three very good pvp guilds, people re-rolling isn’t the problem but it does compound it more when you remove talented players from an already weak faction then add them to the opposing team, I've read that paid transfers are currently high on their to do list, imp pvp will be even worse once they open that up.

Edited by dego-harmonium

Nobody can really blame the pathetic state of imperial pvp on a handful of people who rerolled. It takes effort from the community to change the overall mentality.

Overall I agree with you, but in general your statement reminds me of a river.... DeNile.

Name all of the Imp toons in your guild that re-rolled from Imp to Repside. I'll give you a few hours to think about it...

Ok, now name all the better Rep PvPers that re-rolled Impside. I'll give you 3 seconds on that one.

So yea, while I will agree that bad PVP is simply bad PVP there is no doubt where a lot of "competitive" PVPers went over the last several months (since Canderous Ordo). I can name a lot of them myself.

On the other hand, those of you better PVPers that did in fact roll Impside for the challenge, my hat's off to you. It's a real grind.

Not much you can do for most of the bads, just last night at the start of a hutball I politely told a guy wearing a mix of recruit gear and bad pve gear he was better off wearing his recruit set then sporting 300 expertise, then was abruptly called a noob and was told to **** by some superstar arsenal merc who was also sporting a cool 1000 expertise wearing a mix of colmni and WH :( Same goof trash talked the whole pub team while we controlled mid, which he wouldnt of been able to do without a pocked healer (me), soon as we went up a few points i just let the guy die, :rak_03:

Overall I do think the pubs are better, that being said I solo que some most nights and i pretty much think you just get stuck in bad warzone cylces some days, and get stuck with the same bads, and up against better teams, I do find that pubs that play saturday afternoon are by far the worst tho, i generally hammer out my weekly on my alts that day :p

Edited by dego-harmonium

Overall I agree with you, but in general your statement reminds me of a river.... DeNile.

Name all of the Imp toons in your guild that re-rolled from Imp to Repside. I'll give you a few hours to think about it...

Ok, now name all the better Rep PvPers that re-rolled Impside. I'll give you 3 seconds on that one.

So yea, while I will agree that bad PVP is simply bad PVP there is no doubt where a lot of "competitive" PVPers went over the last several months (since Canderous Ordo). I can name a lot of them myself.

On the other hand, those of you better PVPers that did in fact roll Impside for the challenge, my hat's off to you. It's a real grind.

My whole guild, Cell Block, Rerolled Imps now that we have come back... so there =p

It's all about the time of day you pug. Imps seem better early in the morning and then late at night. Reps do well other than that.

I feel people's pain on solo queing imp side. I do it more often than not and it can be rough. I just started leaving WZs before they start if people don't have gear. At this point, you can't be competitive in recruit gear with WH being so easy to get.

Full WH is the new standard. Min/Maxed and EWH is for us try hards.

I did in fact solo queue on Roflshot a few matches, ran into blunty and his crew and got stomped, but I didn't recognize a single player on my team, was fun dying so quickly.

So you're roflshot... Ran into you a few times.

Blunti is on another level. It's almost not fair how quickly he melts me even in full WH. He's worse than thecourier...

My whole guild, Cell Block, Rerolled Imps now that we have come back... so there =p

That's great Kray... really I mean that. But I guess I'm still talking largely to the people here who are from Canderous Ordo which still appears to be the majority of people in this thread, and hardcore PVPers in general.

Here is my two cents: I lose more often than not with my Imperial toons, and I win more often than not with my Republic toons.

On the Imperial side, I've brought an Operative (Kuriza) and Sorcerer (Furiza) to 50, and on the Republic side, I'm currently leveling a Guardian (Coola), my 9 year old son is leveling a Gunslinger, and my 6 year old son is leveling a Commando. My sons win more often than not as well, and you can guess how unskilled they are. None of us are guildies, so we always solo queue.

Just another data point for the thread.

Here is my two cents: I lose more often than not with my Imperial toons, and I win more often than not with my Republic toons.

On the Imperial side, I've brought an Operative (Kuriza) and Sorcerer (Furiza) to 50, and on the Republic side, I'm currently leveling a Guardian (Coola), my 9 year old son is leveling a Gunslinger, and my 6 year old son is leveling a Commando. My sons win more often than not as well, and you can guess how unskilled they are. None of us are guildies, so we always solo queue.

Just another data point for the thread.

Wait, you win more on lowbie pubs? My experience is lowbie pubs are worse than 50 imps. My lowbie imps almost never lose, but my lowbie pubs have about a 60% loss ratio.

I really see no difference, I win more than I loose on both factions with some games being good and others I think I'm playing with dogs chasing cars. I also solo queue allot so I'm not on staked teams all the time, pugs are improving on both sides. I think we need to remember that regs are not necessarily meant to be taken seriously, I for one like to **** around allot in them. Maybe if we had the population and bioware wasn't so impotent rated would work like it's supposed to and we could get our need for proper organized game play out with them.

Wait, you win more on lowbie pubs? My experience is lowbie pubs are worse than 50 imps. My lowbie imps almost never lose, but my lowbie pubs have about a 60% loss ratio.

Yeah, it seems that way. We will see what happens when my pub toon gets to 50; at that point, I'll have to account for the gear disparity when forming my opinion.

It is always hard to quantify unless you were to keep records, which almost nobody does. I still get ****** pub teams in sub-50 pug, but it just seems like it is less often than on the imp side, and that generally translates to more wins for pubs. If I had to put numbers to it, it might be like pubs win 55 to 60 percent of the time, imps win 40 to 45 percent of the time.