Rage Jugg > rage Marauder?

mtanios

hey guys,

ive got both a jugg and a Mara, ive played both with rage spec... for some reason the rage spec works much better for me with my marauder.. because all of the defense spells (especialy "vanish") . i can do the big smash to a group of 4 and still get away every single time. With the jugg i even have a hard time getting my 4 stacks. Yet everytime i get a played telling me "if you want to play rage respec to a jugg, they are much better at the spec".

can someone please explain to me why that is? or what im doing wrong... my Jugg is at level 47 and my Marauder at level 45.

Juggs have more mobility to get in and get out. You don't have this yet. Intercede(lvl 50 skill) lets you leap to a friendly target. off taunts also let u fill in more useful utility between smashes. I only have a 50 Guardian, my Maur isn't 50 yet if that means anything.

Also Jugs get higher force damage than Maur's with the new single sabre mastery. +6% in Shii-Cho i think.

I have a mar that is lev 50, rage spec and fully augmented wh gear. I crit over 6k most matches and some over 7k. I am usually at the top of the lists for damage medals ect. I also have a jugg that is level 35 that i have played in rage spec.. i think they are both viable for rage but it is differnt feel and i wont really know until i have more experience and my jugg is 50. I have heard the same thing about jugg rage being "better" but even if it is i dont seem to have a problem dominating with rage with my mar. I may be a bit stronger one on one with bleeds but the aoe burst is fun and i can kill healers often times that thought they had a little more time to heal up then 6k in the face and you are dead. And i can hit war hero geared healers for that .

They are fairly different. I prefer my Jugg because intercede gets me out of bad situations, no cost force scream and the vindicator set bonus for 10% damage after force charge makes my jugg in general hit harder and more bursty than the marauder.

That said Maraudes defensive cooldowns are quite a bit better than a Juggs. Either way both are good, but Mara's tend to be desired as carnage spec (at least from my experience for RWZ's for the increased predation speed and the roots).

Also i believe you can switch armoring in the mara for vindicator gear im just not exactly sure how that works tbh.

Edited by TheLordMaster