Make Knights of the Old Republic 3

NathanielCline

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

revan is still alive... who knows what future will give us :) maybe in 10years ; D...

I could see a Revan game set after the events of TOR. Off on another adventure with a new ship and a new crew. Of course, if the game was an RPG, you couldn't really play as Revan. They like to let people choose their own characters for these things. But it could still be a Revan game, he could be the mentor character guiding you along the way.

if it has to be before TOR... the Empire - Republic war, leading up to the events of the Sacking of Coruscant and the subsequent treaty.

If not before, then theres still 3500 years before the battle of yavin to flesh out... and still be called Knights of the Old Republic...

What is the point of making KoTOR 3?

The stories of KoTOR 1 and KoTOR 2 have been effectively linked with those of SWTOR; Revan ends up imprisoned and Meetra is killed but returns as a Ghost; next confrontation between Jedi and Sith takes place 300 years later.

SWTOR features 8 stories, isn't this enough?

KoTOR 3 seems to be improbable project in the light of SWTOR; it makes more sense to petition the authorities to COMPLETE the stories of the playable characters of SWTOR with big expansions of playable content for each in the near future. I would like to see what becomes of Sith Emperor and his Empire.

If Revan's novel is to converted to a game, this game shouldn't be an RPG but like TFU or similar.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

• 3 weeks later...
I do wonder why Bioware bent towards the traditional MMO. For all the talk of this being different, they hammered star wars IP into MMO form (see some jedi who cant use their light sabers effectively/have few force powers). Perhaps there still would not be calls for a KOTOR 3 if they kept some of the elements that made you feel like a whole Jedi in KOTOR rather than some specialized piece. Is it so crazy to believe there is another way to incorporate combat and story other than the trinity such that this game could pacify the calls for a Kotor 3?

I, for one, am glad we got TOR. I like playing with other people, i like the different stories and different perspectives, I like the replay value. KOTOR 3 would have been the JK story with bastardized versions of the other Pub classes as companions, and bastardized versions of the Imp classes as bosses. Also, you'd get to become the Emperor in the end if you were evil.

To be honest BioWare created one of the most iconic Star Wars characters ever in Revan, sadly since then all they have done is ruin the character, and this game has utterly destroyed him.

They took what could have been the greatest star wars video game series and turned it into an MMO.

I can't even say enough how much I think they destroyed Revan, and Meetra to some extent although she was never an iconic Star Wars character. I would love for them to just retcon everything that happened after KOTOR 2 and do it again but do it properly. Give Obsidian the rights to KOTOR 3 and let them try to fix this mess, after this debacle I wouldn't trust this particular arm of BioWare to do KOTOR 3 any justice at all.

Hell even after the Revan novel it wasn't in such a bad state. I still hope they make up some excuse for him surviving and finally come up with something that does justice to arguably one of the most liked characters in star wars.

Edited by RTCBrad

KOTOR 3 would be kind of cool but like people have said SWTOR is basically an MMO KOTOR. Disney is already making more money off of this game than they are spending on it that's why SWTOR is still up and running. If you want a new Star Wars game, http://www.battlefronthq.com bam Battlefront 3 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC running off of Frostbite 3. Expected release date...2015.

To be honest BioWare created one of the most iconic Star Wars characters ever in Revan, sadly since then all they have done is ruin the character, and this game has utterly destroyed him.

They took what could have been the greatest star wars video game series and turned it into an MMO.

I can't even say enough how much I think they destroyed Revan, and Meetra to some extent although she was never an iconic Star Wars character. I would love for them to just retcon everything that happened after KOTOR 2 and do it again but do it properly. Give Obsidian the rights to KOTOR 3 and let them try to fix this mess, after this debacle I wouldn't trust this particular arm of BioWare to do KOTOR 3 any justice at all.

Hell even after the Revan novel it wasn't in such a bad state. I still hope they make up some excuse for him surviving and finally come up with something that does justice to arguably one of the most liked characters in star wars.

Utter nonsense, this game's Revan was very accurate, he was a clever, but arrogant charismatic leader who believed that doing absolutely anything was acceptable, so long as it resulted in victory. The only thing they destroyed was the notion that Revan was some invincible super man, and for that Bioware, you have my thanks.

Utter nonsense, this game's Revan was very accurate, he was a clever, but arrogant charismatic leader who believed that doing absolutely anything was acceptable, so long as it resulted in victory. The only thing they destroyed was the notion that Revan was some invincible super man, and for that Bioware, you have my thanks.

Everything leading up to the point where he was freed from prison was great, loved the inclusion of Meetra in Taral V. I just think the way they handled the rest of his story wasn't central enough and wasn't fantastical enough (they had him defeated by a bunch of low level player characters). After that he is never mentioned again.

This is the guy that changed the fate of the entire galaxy, delayed the war 300 years saving the republic from extinction, and can go toe to toe with the Emperor himself not just his avatar. Revan is the reason the Emperor is afraid, cautious and always hidden away behind the many layers of the Sith.

Very anti-climatic the way he disappeared from the game, he should be centre of the story, we also saw no interaction between Satele and Revan surely they would have some things to say to each other etc, there is soooo much they missed out on/haven't done they absolutely have to bring him back and do it properly.

Everything leading up to the point where he was freed from prison was great, loved the inclusion of Meetra in Taral V. I just think the way they handled the rest of his story wasn't central enough and wasn't fantastical enough (they had him defeated by a bunch of low level player characters). After that he is never mentioned again.

This is the guy that changed the fate of the entire galaxy, delayed the war 300 years saving the republic from extinction, and can go toe to toe with the Emperor himself not just his avatar. Revan is the reason the Emperor is afraid, cautious and always hidden away behind the many layers of the Sith.

Very anti-climatic the way he disappeared from the game, he should be centre of the story, we also saw no interaction between Satele and Revan surely they would have some things to say to each other etc, there is soooo much they missed out on/haven't done they absolutely have to bring him back and do it properly.

The Emperor afraid of Revan ? He beat the man without even drawing his lightsaber. Revan certainly should not have been the center of the story, it's a ridiculous notion, KOTOR was his story, but his time is over, this is the age the Wrath, the Hero of Tython, and the other player characters, he doesn't need to be the most important man in the galaxy, nor does he need to be all powerful, or invincible, and he certainly does not need to be the center of every Star Wars story ever told. A hero doesn't have to live happily ever after, or sacrifice himself for the greater good. He did exactly what he did during the Mandalorian Wars, he fell to the dark side again, and got himself killed. Revan is just a man, he's not immune to death, nor the lure of darkness, and, most importantly, he lost his plot armor, he can lose.

As for the low level comment, he went 4 on 1 with one Sith Lord who eats Jedi Masters for breakfast, another who ate three Force Ghosts, the champion of the Great Hunt, and Space Bond, of course he lost. On top of that, it's a level 37 Flashpoint, and KOTOR's level cap was 20.

The Emperor afraid of Revan ? He beat the man without even drawing his lightsaber. Revan certainly should not have been the center of the story, it's a ridiculous notion, KOTOR was his story, but his time is over, this is the age the Wrath, the Hero of Tython, and the other player characters, he doesn't need to be the most important man in the galaxy, nor does he need to be all powerful, or invincible, and he certainly does not need to be the center of every Star Wars story ever told. A hero doesn't have to live happily ever after, or sacrifice himself for the greater good. He did exactly what he did during the Mandalorian Wars, he fell to the dark side again, and got himself killed. Revan is just a man, he's not immune to death, nor the lure of darkness, and, most importantly, he lost his plot armor, he can lose.

As for the low level comment, he went 4 on 1 with one Sith Lord who eats Jedi Masters for breakfast, another who ate three Force Ghosts, the champion of the Great Hunt, and Space Bond, of course he lost. On top of that, it's a level 37 Flashpoint, and KOTOR's level cap was 20.

Lol, Revan and Meetra very nearly defeated the Emperor, Meetra if she had choose to could have killed the Emperor while he was occupied trying to fight Revan, but she goes to block the Emperors attack on Revan instead of going for the kill shot. In over 1300 years Revan is the only person that has come close killing him. And of course he shouldn't be the centre of every story told but he SHOULD be the centre of the old republic. You can guarantee with 99.9% certainty a player character won't be the one to kill the Emperor.

Sorry but a bounty hunter no matter how good, nor an imperial agent would last 5 seconds with a force user as immensely powerful as Revan, Revan is a top 10 force user of all time they wouldn't stand a chance. Revan would kill them as easily as Mace Windu killed Jango Fett. We already know Revan has more than enough power to easily smoke a member of the dark council, so that immediately puts Nox in hot water and at this point Nox isn't even full strength. The Wrath is the same thing not even fully trained, how could a rag-tag group like that stand against Revan? Bad writing that's how, it contradicts everything has been previously written/said about him. At best it would be 2 on 1 because the BH and OP seriously wouldn't last 30 seconds between them. Level caps are irrelevant tbh, its just a game mechanic.

Edited by RTCBrad

Lol, Revan and Meetra very nearly defeated the Emperor, Meetra if she had choose to could have killed the Emperor while he was occupied trying to fight Revan, but she goes to block the Emperors attack on Revan instead of going for the kill shot. In over 1300 years Revan is the only person that has come close killing him. And of course he shouldn't be the centre of every story told but he SHOULD be the centre of the old republic. You can guarantee with 99.9% certainty a player character won't be the one to kill the Emperor.

Sorry but a bounty hunter no matter how good, nor an imperial agent would last 5 seconds with a force user as immensely powerful as Revan, Revan is a top 10 force user of all time they wouldn't stand a chance. Revan would kill them as easily as Mace Windu killed Jango Fett. We already know Revan has more than enough power to easily smoke a member of the dark council, so that immediately puts Nox in hot water and at this point Nox isn't even full strength. The Wrath is the same thing not even fully trained, how could a rag-tag group like that stand against Revan? Bad writing that's how, it contradicts everything has been previously written/said about him. At best it would be 2 on 1 because the BH and OP seriously wouldn't last 30 seconds between them. Level caps are irrelevant tbh, its just a game mechanic.

LOL Indeed, you are proving my point for me. Revan, Meetra, and T3 all fought the Emperor at once, the fact that Revan needed to be bailed out twice, in the same fight against the Emperor, that in itself is prove that Revan diden't stand a snow balls chance in hell. If Lord Scourge's visions were any indication, it was well within the realm of possibility that, at that point, the Emperor could have killed all three of them.

Alright, so, I didn't feel that I should have needed to point this out, but, Dark Council members come from various back grounds, with different training, experience, and so on, so, meaning that they don't have a universal strength, and who knows how a member of the dark council 300 years ago stacks up to it's most current incarnation, not too well, I would imagine, seeing as the former hadn't seen war with the Republic, and how weak Scourge is compared to members of the latter council.

Now, I actually brought up the level cap in response to your "Bunch of noobs" comment. Anyways, let's talk Star Wars lore, because I'm fairly certain that it was never stated that Revan cannot be defeated. Where's all this talk of rag tag coming from ? Their all well trained, Wrath and Nox are both Lords at this point, and could take on Jedi Masters and Sith Lords even as apprentices, so it's clear their prodigies, and the BH and Agent are quite adept at killing force users themselves, Further more, this group has become adept at working together as one to compensate for one anothers weaknesses. Sure, Revan could have TRIED to go after the Agent or Bounty Hunter, but do you think Nox and Wrath would stand by and let that happen ? Turning your back on a lightsaber is a quick way to get killed, maybe two if Nox is an Assassain. Since we're no longer talking game play mechanics, Revan can't get wacked upside the face a few hundred times with a lightsaber, he has to defend himself. And since we are talking lore, one hit is dismemberment or death. So now he's engaged with multiple lightsaber using opponents, while the BH and Agent are taking pot shots at him from range, he'll be on the defensive, and one break in his defense is all it'll take for Revan to fall.

The only bad writing is this no one can beat Revan Sue stuff that's so common in the KOTOR fanbase. By the way, can i get a source on that top 10 comment, and when it said list was made ? Seems pretty clear that, by the end of the story, the Hero of Tython, or the second Wrath alone would be more then a match for Revan.

LOL Indeed, you are proving my point for me. Revan, Meetra, and T3 all fought the Emperor at once, the fact that Revan needed to be bailed out twice, in the same fight against the Emperor, that in itself is prove that Revan diden't stand a snow balls chance in hell. If Lord Scourge's visions were any indication, it was well within the realm of possibility that, at that point, the Emperor could have killed all three of them.

Alright, so, I didn't feel that I should have needed to point this out, but, Dark Council members come from various back grounds, with different training, experience, and so on, so, meaning that they don't have a universal strength, and who knows how a member of the dark council 300 years ago stacks up to it's most current incarnation, not too well, I would imagine, seeing as the former hadn't seen war with the Republic, and how weak Scourge is compared to members of the latter council.

Now, I actually brought up the level cap in response to your "Bunch of noobs" comment. Anyways, let's talk Star Wars lore, because I'm fairly certain that it was never stated that Revan cannot be defeated. Where's all this talk of rag tag coming from ? Their all well trained, Wrath and Nox are both Lords at this point, and could take on Jedi Masters and Sith Lords even as apprentices, so it's clear their prodigies, and the BH and Agent are quite adept at killing force users themselves, Further more, this group has become adept at working together as one to compensate for one anothers weaknesses. Sure, Revan could have TRIED to go after the Agent or Bounty Hunter, but do you think Nox and Wrath would stand by and let that happen ? Turning your back on a lightsaber is a quick way to get killed, maybe two if Nox is an Assassain. Since we're no longer talking game play mechanics, Revan can't get wacked upside the face a few hundred times with a lightsaber, he has to defend himself. And since we are talking lore, one hit is dismemberment or death. So now he's engaged with multiple lightsaber using opponents, while the BH and Agent are taking pot shots at him from range, he'll be on the defensive, and one break in his defense is all it'll take for Revan to fall.

The only bad writing is this no one can beat Revan Sue stuff that's so common in the KOTOR fanbase. By the way, can i get a source on that top 10 comment, and when it said list was made ? Seems pretty clear that, by the end of the story, the Hero of Tython, or the second Wrath alone would be more then a match for Revan.

I didn't say he can't be defeated but that he wouldn't be defeated by those people, soon as the bounty hunter or operative shot at him he'd reflect the shots, that's them dead. Nox would undoubtely try a force lightning attack Revan would blast it back at him. Then it's the Wrath Vs Revan and there not a "snows ball chance in hell" as you would put it that the Wrath could stand against Revan on his own. Both Nox and Wrath are so severely limited compared to Revan especially at that point in the timeline.

See I don't get that impression at all, they seem quite the opposite to me and rather unspectacular to say the least. Scroll back through the forums, tons of lists have been made you'll find him in most.

Although none of this changes the fact that Revan made the Emperor afraid.

Edited by RTCBrad

I'm with RTC on this one. This game was supposed to be Kotor 3-9,promised, but wasn't.And the fact that they brought Revan into this game means this IS still his time.If they came out with a new chapter for all the classes ,but not your favorite class ,how would you feel? That's what Kotor fans feel like. And as far as Revan not being able to beat the emperor, Revan didn't even face him at full strength,he'd been in prison,so his body was really weak and probably a little mentally,so no one has ever faced him at full strength and beat him. Not saying he should be all powerful, but give credit where credit is due, and apply context.