No fall damage in huttball; why do you have it in the other warzones?

Cilas

Title says it. I know it's been brought up before but there has been no real answer or response.

My opinion: I don't care either way, just think it should be the same for all warzones. I would lean towards having fall damage remain.

Unless something changed recently there is most definitely fall damage in huttball. If you fall from the top catwalk all the way into the pit you get hurt. You can also take fall damage if you are hit with certain abilities when you hit the air vent.

In my view, Huttball is a rare warzone where fall damage is appropriate. Fall damage when leaving the spawn in Novare, Hypergates and Voidstar is just stupid, however. Those warzones should have it disabled, no question.

I think he means when you leave the starting area and such. Like in Novare Coast/Hypergates when you fall at the start you lose health. At least that's how I read it. And as for a response, beats the crap out of me. The devs in this game are starting to make me wish for old SOE devs and thats saying something...lol

Dropping off an upper walkway and dieing is the worst way to go in huttball.

Its happened to me a few times on my Merc when someone leaps up to me and catches me with my pants down (no defensive CDs available). I take a smash to the face and then drop off the ledge.....splat!

this.

/thread

You don't take fall damage at the start in huttball because the drop isn't far enough.

You also won't take it in Voidstar if you hit the ledge right under the spawn point, or the box if going off the right side on offense.

You also won't take it in Novarre if you hit the little elevator thing under the doors (but then most people run off at an angle).

Not sure if you can avoid it in hybergates to be honest.

I agree it's stupid you take fall damage at all though, at least from the spawn point. Dunno why they're that high.

You don't take fall damage at the start in huttball because the drop isn't far enough.

You also won't take it in Voidstar if you hit the ledge right under the spawn point, or the box if going off the right side on offense.

You also won't take it in Novarre if you hit the little elevator thing under the doors (but then most people run off at an angle).

I agree it's stupid you take fall damage at all though, at least from the spawn point. Dunno why they're that high.

I've been able to avoid it in hypergates. I think the trick is to not run or jump directly off the platform (think of just having a walk off the start platform) .

I've found its easier to practice this as a shadow since if your cloaked your not running full speed off of it anyways.

Perhaps, but I have to agree taking a 1200 point hit by just running out of spawn is kind of obnoxious, and pointless.

Yep, this has always struck me as terribly lazy and obviously untested map design by devs who, if they did test it, apparently dont give a crap about spit and polish.

True, but if a marauder drops predation before you jump down you miss the elevator. Kind of a poor design.

Title says it. I know it's been brought up before but there has been no real answer or response.

My opinion: I don't care either way, just think it should be the same for all warzones. I would lean towards having fall damage remain.

Fall from the high ramped platform that you run up after you leave your spawn. Fall from that into the pit and tell me there is no fall dmg.