DPS Of Guardians

RookMate

I am really interested in starting a Guardian, my question is are they capable of putting out a large amount of DPS, or will I have a hard time finding OP groups and people constantly telling me to go tank spec instead. I also have the same question for a scoundrel except they expect you to heal and not DPS.

Edited by RookMate

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am really interested in starting a Guardian, my question is are they capable of putting out a large amount of DPS, or will I have a hard time finding OP groups and people constantly telling me to go tank spec instead. I also have the same question for a scoundrel except they expect you to heal and not DPS.

Only chiming in to support the last two posts. Jugg's are regularly in the top DPS slots. They aren't THE top, but thats a subject for a different conversation. they can put out enough DPS to perform well in any Op.

they key with Jugg's (or guardians), it effective and efficient skill use. I find that skill is a far greater variable in jugg performance then gear (by a reasonable margin...obviously crap gear will = crap DPS. but given equal footing in gear...)