1.2 Shieldtech: The New Dps Wonder.

Assaultrooper

1.2 Changes: They destroyed Pyrotech's RNG mechanism giving it a timer, while giving AP a snare and a almost guaranteed RS crit every 15 secs.

Now with all these ****** changes what I have realized? Shieldtech still vents heat reliably every 6 secs, like AP, it has awesome survivability, the best utility, and one of the best mobility (slightly less than AP). Combine that with already decent damage My guess, Tank Bounty Hunters will do almost as much dps as their dps counter-parts.

Thank You Bioware for breaking the Game!

(On another note: I have been looking through the PTS notes, for the much awaited changes to Tanking stats, did they do it? or is tanking stats like defense, shield, and absobtion still THAT bad?)

As a tank BH that PVP's with the Iron Fist spec you are way wrong. Granted I do put up some nice numbers, it's no where near full dps. Also QQ more.

Yea right now, you dont put up the numbers a full dps would, but once the nerfs go live you will.

As AP I can rarely get 300k, my current max is 320k damage

as Pyrotech I can do rarely 450k, my current max is 570k damgae (Mind you Ive seen marauders surpass this.)

As Shieltech (Iron Fist) I can do 280k, and my current max 340k dmg.

Lets be generous and say AP gets a 10% damage buff, from the changes, Still the difference doesnt justify the respec. Now for poor Pyro the nerf is hard, checkout the math:

Napkin math incoming!

I'm assuming a spec without TD.

When I write "attack" I mean Flame Burst or Rocket Punch.

Currently the expected number of attacks needed to proc PPA is around 3 (best case scenario is around 2.83, worst case is around 3.33). A 4-GCD rotation consisting of 3 attacks and 1 PPA-boosted Rail Shot lands at +10 heat every 6 seconds. Without any downtime, this is not sustainable. Weaving in one Rapid Shots in every rotation changes the heat increase to +2.5 heat every 7.5 seconds. Vent Heat can easily cover that heat gain.

In 1.2, the expected number of attacks needed to proc PPA is around 2 (best case scenario is around 1.89, worst case is around 2.22). The two first GCDs after using Rail Shot are 'lost', so a total of around 4 GCDs are needed to proc PPA. This becomes a 5-GCD rotation consisting of 2 attacks, 1 PPA-boosted Rail Shot, and 2 more abilities. We see that if one attack and one Rapid Shots is chosen, this becomes the exact same rotation as above, resulting in the same manageable heat gain, +2.5 heat every 7.5 seconds.

The rotation in 1.2 should perform approximately as well as the current rotation on a target dummy over an extended period of time.

However, any fight that has downtime will allow for more aggressive heat usage, which should favor the current rotation.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=364427&page=2

Yea Im panicking and with good reason.

Associating iron fist with shieldtech? Either you're shieldtech (31pts) or iron fist. As full shieldtech you can still pull 300K damage because of flame burst and rail shot and the armor pen from AP, however heat blast gets reduced in damage in 1.2 which is really sad, why should you even care about the absorption buff from it- most shieldtechs skip ablative upgrades (absorption boost) which also gets reduced in 1.2.

Only thing I really like doing as a shieldtech in pvp is jet charging, back to back rocket punching (when shielding actually happens in pvp) and grappling, and randomly doing DFA. There's not alot of other dps abilities outside of that unless you want to overheat with missile blast and dart.

Edited by Sookster

so the guardian thread is going waa, we're all going to be troopers, the trooper thread is going waa we're all going to be sentinals, the sentinal thread is going waa, we''re gona be killed by agents, and the agents are going WAAA I can't kill anybody... sigh.

This pretty much sums up the forums right now.

The "nerf" won't be as bad as you think.