Suggestion: As Legacy Level Increases prices decrease for Legacy Unlocks.

Urael

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

The funny thing is, this thread goes on for almost 3 months now, 11 pages, 98% of the posters agreed, but I bet we won't see this change in-game anytime soon. Kinda sad.

I really enjoy this game, but I'm annoyed by all the money sinks in it. When leveling a toon, every time I have just over $100K credits, it goes down to 40K after visiting the trainer.

Later on, if you refuse to do the endgame grind, but you keep leveling toons, because you're curious about their class stories, you will end up broke... The most money I've ever had was something like 680K, after turning in the pvp recuit coin once! :)

/signed

I agree that BW needs to fix this. I go broke everytime I want to level a toon. My legacy level doesn't mean anything and doesn't align with the "Marketing" that Legacy was account wide. If we must buy legacy it should be account wide at the same price for one Character.

Sorry BW - I feel Legacy got turned into a credit sink instead of a valuable benefit for those playing multiple ALT's.

/signed. Legacy has some vaguely entertaining ideas - I love legacy of persuasion / altruism for instance but most of the unlocks just don't justify the associated costs so the only people who can afford them tend to be the people with a strong end game presence rather than the people running alts - which is what legacy is supposed to support/ encourage.

Legacy could be awesome but right now it's just another tedious credit sink.

This will increase the marginal utility of the legacy "rewards". As it stands, the abilities are overpriced for the actual utility obtained. Having a sliding scale would allow the buyer to opt in when the price per utility gained is at the acceptable "pain threashold" of the purchase in the eyes of the buyer.

Right now Legacy Level is useless. I am currently "rewarded" the "privilage" to pay huge amounts of credits for abilites that are just very "meh" at best.

/signed

I agree that the legacy system's prices should drop as your legacy level increases... you add the requirement that the prices will not drop until at least 1 toon is level 50 (Free to Play maxes at level 15).

Where did you read that? All I have seen says FTP to 50.

I agree that the legacy system's prices should drop as your legacy level increases... you add the requirement that the prices will not drop until at least 1 toon is level 50 (Free to Play maxes at level 15).

FYI .. "currently" F2P max level is 15.

When the new FULL BLOWN Freemium model is implemented later this fall, F2P will be up to level 50.

Subscription vs. Free Features

:cool:

This will increase the marginal utility of the legacy "rewards". As it stands, the abilities are overpriced for the actual utility obtained. Having a sliding scale would allow the buyer to opt in when the price per utility gained is at the acceptable "pain threashold" of the purchase in the eyes of the buyer.

Right now Legacy Level is useless. I am currently "rewarded" the "privilage" to pay huge amounts of credits for abilites that are just very "meh" at best.

I support this.

Agreed.

That's my opinion almost word for word.

I could certainly have enough credits across my characters that the cost for these legacy "rewards" would be trivial, but I'm not one to care for playing the markets and the dailies simply aren't interesting enough that I'd want to do them that regularly. If all the Legacy Levels unlock is the necessity for a money grind then they might as well go away.

The legacy benefit I've used most frequently by far is the ability to mail characters in the opposite faction, and all that requires is for you to have a legacy.

That's my opinion almost word for word.

I could certainly have enough credits across my characters that the cost for these legacy "rewards" would be trivial, but I'm not one to care for playing the markets and the dailies simply aren't interesting enough that I'd want to do them that regularly. If all the Legacy Levels unlock is the necessity for a money grind then they might as well go away.

The legacy benefit I've used most frequently by far is the ability to mail characters in the opposite faction, and all that requires is for you to have a legacy.

Indeed. You are illustrating what I am speaking about with regards to "the pain threshold" and the "untility value" of the Legacy perks. If our Legacy Levels actually mattered in a way that we would bennefit by the sliding scale, then there may be a point where you or I would be willing to pay for the lack luster perks of Legacy. ;)

Totally agree with the sentiment. But disagree with almost everyone here on implementation. This needs to be an either/or solution.

That's what was promised, but they never delivered.

You should be able to max out your Legacy with your main, and provide all of the perks to your alts for free. Or you should be able to dump a bunch of credits onto one character and buy all of the perks with no legacy requirement whatsoever.

By the time you hit 50 on one character, you are only Legacy 7 or 8. Originally, that was not enough for anything beyond the first Tier. It's ridiculous. If you spent a bunch of time on your main crafting and selling while you leveled to 50 (and were successful at it), you might have a couple mil credits. This should allow your first alt to max out one of the XP options. But you're forced to run dailies or whatever to increase your legacy.

Thankfully, they backed off the level 25 legacy requirement, but 10 is still too high if you are tired of the same quests that you ran last time, and you don't want to switch factions.

All of the legacy should have a credit OR legacy level unlock

Character perks need some changing:

For example Speeder 1 should be free and unlocked immediately at level 1 for someone Legacy 50,level 10 for someone Legacy 40-49 and as it is now for anyone lower in Legacy.