Legacy items

lowsca

Yes, you can buy them for daily commendations. They seem very expensive to me, but I guess that depends on how easy it is for you to get the commendations and whether you have outleveled all the other rewards.

They also drop from flashpoint mobs; and i've seen one drop from the first champion boss in the Black Hole Heroic mission.

You can also get them from mission skill criticals, Diplomacy for example.

Sad thing about the items is they only range from Lv. 14 to 33, the gear itself would be much nicer if it scaled with your character.

Or say if you bought a single 1H light saber, then if you have a another character republic or empire if that character could automatically use it regardless of class restrictions. Like I bought a 1H Lv. 14 saber in hope that my sith could use it, low and behold "Jedi Knight Only".

Sad thing about the items is they only range from Lv. 14 to 33, the gear itself would be much nicer if it scaled with your character.

Or say if you bought a single 1H light saber, then if you have a another character republic or empire if that character could automatically use it regardless of class restrictions. Like I bought a 1H Lv. 14 saber in hope that my sith could use it, low and behold "Jedi Knight Only".

I havent tested the lvl 33 ones .. but the lvl 14 weapon ... lasts you till your lvl 26 ... so i would assume the lvl 33 stuff lasts you easily till mid 40's when you start looking at augmented oranges anyway.

at level its like wearing gear that is almost 10 levels above your current level .... trust me the gear is worth it .. the problem is it doesnt drop nearly frequently enough to matter and the cost for daily gear means grinding every single daily every single day for over a month to get a full set.

also the construciton kits themselves are passable so why would you BUY the item on the side you dont want the item? send the kit to your sith and have him craft his own weapon .... that is the way it was intended to be done. to force you to grind more items

but the lvl 14 weapon ... lasts you till your lvl 26

Actually, I've found that by level 20 or 21 I can mod up an orange weapon that has better stats than the legacy one. While I'm happy to use the free construction kits I get as each toon completes their chapter 1, they're way too overpriced or hard to get for the return they give.