How long until Yuuzhan Vong?

CorellianWannabe

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose an encounter with a scouting party in Unknown Regions or a forgotten/recently discovered planet in a remote corner of the galaxy could be useful. I could see how they would explain why this info was forgotten. I suppose Sith and Jedi would not want this info to go all around, as it would show both sith and jedi order weak. (just like ysalamiri, the damn planet Mrykr wasn't even listed in the charts) I suppose some Sith and Jedi would take it to the holocrons but then they would be lost/corrupted/destroyed by Vader during the Jedi Temple assault

I really loved Yuuzhan Vong, especially later into the books. As you get to learn move about their society's structure, they seem much more and deeper than an evil force coming to invade the galaxy until it is shaped in their own ideology.

• 4 weeks later...

Leaving aside whether they'd be there in force enough to attempt any meaningful warfare...

The Vong probably wouldn't like the idea of invading a galaxy with huge militarized factions (as opposed to a relatively weak New Republic and Imperial Remnant) like the Old Republic and Sith Empire. They didn't like the idea of fighting the Galactic Empire and actively sought to weaken what was left of it before invading, so I don't think they'd be dumb enough to jump into the gaping maw of a militaristic empire controlled by a bunch of crazy-energy wielding psychotics, and the incumbent galactic polity which is strong enough to meaningfully /resist/ them.

God forbid they actually are formidable enough to be a significant threat. I could see both warring factions uniting just long enough to obliterate them before turning back to killing each other. Yes, I could see the Sith doing that. To quote some Traitors from 40k on the subject of Tyranids:

"This is our galaxy. Ours to corrupt. Ours to enslave. The gods will not be denied their prize."

The Sith have no gods, except themselves. When the rightful prize is yours, oh will you be pissed if someone tries to take it from you. The Jedi/Republic are people the Sith lust to crush properly due to a history of antagonism. The Vong would be interlopers who are messing with the Siths' business and just victory. If the Vong appeared in any capacity it should probably be something extremely small and isolated that is crushed by both sides in short order.

That said, no. Please don't.

Edited by Rhadamanthine

50 years after battle of Yavin. so you got ages to go.

well... there is one possible plot. This was kind of mentioned in the books. The Vong may have been in the system before. Ages ago. They spurned the force, possibly because something bad happened to them or others, Or they just grew to hate it.

So there is a small chance that someone could work their species into the current time line we are playing in.

-

Starts 25 Years after the Battle of Yavin.

They had a Galaxy of War behind them, where the conflict of sith and jedi would be a joke. The Vong could use the Force once but during that War they lost there Connection. They where fighting a Machine Specias. During that War they lost there Homeworld. I think it was there Homeworld, a living Planet that cut them off the Force and left there Galaxy (** spoiler eh - Zonama Sekot )

I think Kotor gave us the first contact. The Skipper the Mandalorians found. After that the Vong begann to prepare. In the EU books they even mention a few times they had spies everywhere and on every side.

They waited for Republic and Empire to bring down eachother so thy had barly resistance as they arrvided.

As for SwToR.. guess they could appear in-game but kinda like the Rakghoul event.. 1 week- 1 month.

Include a Space mission and Planetary Quests to find starge spies coming to a Attack on a Large Cruiser or somehting like that.. 3k Years are a long time to forget that and keep in mind the emporer destroyes almost every piece of Information the Jedi gatherd so they wont know about it.

yes but they were scouting the galaxy for 4000 years.,and were seen in the galaxy. they were planning the invasion for 4000 years so having the vong in this game is not a far out suggestion. why not have a vong spy caught by the republic and your toon has to question him? And for the imperial player your ship is attacked in space by a "mysterious" ship. so it is possable to have the vong in the game. a very short instance or flashpoint but not a whole quest.

I'm personally against anything beyond maybe a minor fp like event as if they truly invade it would most likely cleave the timeline as the sith would probably hunt down their living planet and either corrupt it to use it to command them to destroy the republic or barring that just blow it up to attempt to cripple the vong with the shockwave.

Also imperial science is like a whole army of Sinsor Khal's (minus the good looks and force abilty) meaning a cure for there basals (or whatever their control other organics thing is called) would be invented about 3,000 ahead of time and if the cure for the rakghoul diese could survive the destruction of Taris I don't see how such a thing would go away.

Yuuzhan Vong wouldn't be likely. I could see them doing a few things from the more recent books though. Since the Killiks from the Dark Nest trilogy were part of the Celestials project to contain Abeloth I could see her making an apperance for an expansion. They said she was free before the Fate of the Jedi series. It could lead to some interesting things as well. A flashpoint on Centerpoint station, a space battle in the Maw, crazy new force skills like a modified dodge cd for JK and SW called flow walking.

I doubt we'll ever see them in this game, they'll just be referenced to.

I mean, given that they are immune to direct usage of the Force, putting them in a FP or Operation excludes bringing Force using classes. Ok, Sorcs and Sages could get around this with indirect Force attacks, but Sins,Shadows,Maras,Sents,Juggs and Guardians would be screwed and have their dps confined to saber attacks.

Having them as a playable species, not only gives the finger to lore, but also creates balancing problems with the Force using classes.

as have probably already been stated the vong are extra galactic. and just because they did not enter into the extended universe until well after old republic era, does not mean they did not exist during this time. and zonama sekot, was a moving planet. again as probably stated. so it is not know when they came to exist. therefor to have a mission, or anything that takes us to this planet would certainly be able to be written into this game. and would be an insanely cool idea. please consider adding them not only as someone we can fight, but also as a race we can use ourselves. they are outside the force and cannot be felt by jedi, or sith. imagine the possibilities.

sincerely,

Jedi Master Angellous

Sith lord VestaraKai

^This a thousand times. :| They won't even make themselves known for several thousand years. Nobody knows they exist. They should not, repeat NOT be a player class in this game, or really even appear in it period. Maybe if they Were to make a NJO MMO or RPG later on, or something much further into the future, but no where near THIS game. Sorry.

I'm sorry OP, but I really hated what they did with the extended universe with the entire Yuuzhan Vong story arc. I read the first book, and then could only bring myself to read the very last book just so I would have an idea of all of the new story they inflicted on us with it. It wasn't so much that they did many obviously irreversable things with characters...it was the way it was all done. The sadistic gratuitous torture described in such vivid detail...well it just wasn't for me. I'm not anti-violence by any means and having the bad guys win is no problem for me. It's just the way they went about carrying the whole idea to fruition in the writing. Way too over the top for me.

So I would really hate seeing the Yuuzhan Vong introduced in any form.

I am one of few who enjoyed the EU books so I wouldn't mind seeing a small nest of Yuuzhan Vong in the game BUT WHAT IF it doesn't fly by the fans, using the Nagai? Humanoid species that pop up here and there during regular canon and EU. Can be good or evil or neutral (if they went with the hutt cartel, third party idea). Sure they don't try to invade "our galaxy" til after ROTJ BUT their species is known and the Firefist galaxy is known about! Just a thought.

• 1 year later...