How do you get a golden key?

AemmaAstryr

I think I saw the answer somewhere in one of the GHS threads, but to sum up, Gold Keys for personal strongholds are only given to the owner (and the associated legacy). Silver and Bronze Keys are the only current levels of keys that can be given to other player characters.

It would be nice, though to be able to give other players a Gold Key if they are in a Shared Legacy (not a current feature, but on my wishlist).

Edited by G_Hosa_Phat

I think I saw the answer somewhere in one of the GHS threads, but to sum up, Gold Keys for personal strongholds are only given to the owner (and the associated legacy). Silver and Bronze Keys are the only current levels of keys that can be given to other player characters.

It would be nice, though to be able to give other players a Gold Key if they are in a Shared Legacy (not a current feature, but on my wishlist).

I dont know about shared legacy but I saw a guy on my server the other day that had the same legacy name as mine unless Manaan is a shared server between all servers (which I doubt). So either a bug or it doesn't matter anymore with legacy names.

Legacy names haven't been unique for a long time now.

Anyway, don't buy a guild stronghold. They were not implemented well, and you'll lose a lot of cool features that a personal one has.

If you want to share a space with your friend, choose on of you as a "designated decorator." Friend #1 buys the stronghold, unlocks the rooms, places the decorations. Friend #2 mails/trades money and decorations to Friend #1 and offers suggestions on how to set the place up. It's really quite effective as long as you have no major disagreements.

Really, if you have major disagreements about how to decorate it, both having gold keys would only make it worse!