Scheduled Maintenance: 7 April 2015

TaitWatson

Hi everyone!

All servers will be unavailable on April 7th while we apply Game Update 3.1.2.

Date: Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Time: 5:00AM PDT (12:00 GMT) - 9:00AM PDT (16:00 GMT)

Version: 3.1.2

During maintenance, all updates and additional information will be posted on our Twitter account. Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Play balance, all is well. Unless you pve, then oh well learn to heal I suppose.

Yep, it's the PvE issue... I have 2 DPS sorcs on my raid team and right now we can reliably clear SM ToS with usually only one or two deaths during the Underlurker burn phase. If the full set of sorc changes goes live, I don't think we'll have the DPS to beat that encounter anymore. Heck, I doubt we'll even be able to stay ahead of the adds.

At least we had a double-xp weekend recently so they could both work on leveling new characters to raid with... :rolleyes:

Re: "Preliminary Patch Notes" a week(ish) in advance of a patch:

One of the things that many people have asked for is a better look into what's coming up. Outside of Bug Report replies and the maintenance messaging synopsis, you don't really get a full picture of what's coming in upcoming patches until the Patch Notes go live the day before. I wanted to change this and give you insight into what you can expect in the next week's patch earlier. This is part of our continued effort to be more communicative of upcoming changes and content. However, we do realize that having information early and then subsequently having it change can cause friction, so if we find that the constant changes to the patches are causing more harm than good due to releasing the information early, we will stop posting preliminary notes. This is an experiment, and we'll see how it goes.

So was this 'experiment' deemed a no-go? Or was it just that it didn't happen for 3.2 since you were stretched thin around the Community Team (from being down a Courtney and busy on-boarding the new guy)?

Edited by DarthDymond

And Acolyte Tait raised the patch notes up on high, saying,

'Oh, Ptach, bless this thy patch notes that with it thou mayest blow

thy sages and sorcs to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Ptach did grin, and

people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies,

and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and large --"

"And Ptach spake, saying, 'First shalt thou press the

Holy Submit. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three

shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting

shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two,

excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once

the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou

thy Patch Note Grenade of Pain towards thou foe, who being naughty

in my sight, shall snuff it.'"

"Also, thou shalt duck"

Notes?

- adapted from Monty Python

And Acolyte Tait raised the patch notes up on high, saying,

'Oh, Ptach, bless this thy patch notes that with it thou mayest blow

thy sages and sorcs to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Ptach did grin, and

people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies,

and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and large --"

"And Ptach spake, saying, 'First shalt thou press the

Holy Submit. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three

shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting

shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two,

excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once

the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou

thy Patch Note Grenade of Pain towards thou foe, who being naughty

in my sight, shall snuff it.'"

"Also, thou shalt duck"

Notes?

- adapted from Monty Python

Quoted for truth and awesomeness

Mode Forged Alliances and Shadow of Revan Flashpoints are now repeatable and can be picked up at any time from the access quest NPCs. Furthermore, any players who were unable to progress past the Forged Alliances Solo Arc due to having completed the solo mode Flashpoint prior should now be able to progress. The Mission "Torch's Flame" will be reset by this change.

Huh. Not sure I'm a fan of that change - seemed like the one-time setup was a nice compromise that would allow those who wanted to solo the storyline to see it all without having to group, while at the same time not impacting the population pool for Group Finder runs through the FPs too much.

Unless there were bugs where people weren't able to advance and this was the easiest workaround?

Edited by DarthDymond

Huh. Not sure I'm a fan of that change - seemed like the one-time setup was a nice compromise that would allow those who wanted to solo the storyline to see it all without having to group, while at the same time not impacting the population pool for Group Finder runs through the FPs too much.

Unless there were bugs where people weren't able to advance and this was the easiest workaround?

Not sure what's the issue really; it's not like the rewards are über-awesome or anything. :p

Regardless, as it stands, their focus seems to be on solo content, which is what this is all about really. The better question probably is: when exactly is GSIus Droid making its way into the Vanilla FP's and what not?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Not sure what's the issue really; it's not like the rewards are über-awesome or anything. :p

Regardless, as it stands, their focus seems to be on solo content, which is what this is all about really. The better question probably is: when exactly is GSIus Droid making its way into the Vanilla FP's and what not?

I definitely think there should be solo modes added for the story-heavy FPs, Esseles / Black Talon, Taral IV & Maelstrom Prison / Boarding Party & Foundry, and Battle of Ilum / False Emperor. I just think that it should be a one-and-done for the solo version, same as most other storyline quests, and if you want to go again you gotta get yer butt in the GF queue :p

I think it a nice change, to be honest it not like people can't already solo them. As they get older it going to be harder and harder to get a group to run the old flashpoint. Beside I think there should be a solo and group options for flashpoints, forced grouping doesn't really work. Instead solo people will either out level it so they can solo it later or simple not do the content. If people like to group they group with others from my experience. My sister who often has to play at very early or late hour will love this change, as she often can't get the flashpoint to pop but she likes doing them. :D

So something that really bothers me with these patch notes for the lightning sorcerer and therefore the tk sage is the nerf to lightning bolt. Lightning bolt was supposed to replace lightning strike in both power and the slow. However, when you lower the damage of lightning bolt, the only really buff sorcs get from the ability compared to lightning strike is the slow. So essentially what you have done is make the "new" ability that we got from 3.0 useless in pve as operations bosses are immune to slows. How does this make any sense?

I definitely think there should be solo modes added for the story-heavy FPs, Esseles / Black Talon, Taral IV & Maelstrom Prison / Boarding Party & Foundry, and Battle of Ilum / False Emperor. I just think that it should be a one-and-done for the solo version, same as most other storyline quests, and if you want to go again you gotta get yer butt in the GF queue :p

I agree but then again, if recent content is any indication, they have their eyes set on solo content as much as possible, most likely to make way for the people itching to try out this game, prior to or after the release of the new SW film.

Hell, Ziost...

Aside from the World Boss and Operation Boss, has ZERO group content. There is nothing there that mandates people to form a group or anything. :(

So Bioware where the change that was on the test server for force suppression for Balance? it's not there in the patch note.only mind warp. you decide not to do it, I want a explanation now you just keeping nerf class and sage

this Change! Targets affected by Force Suppression now receive 15% additional damage (up from 10%) from your next 15 periodic damage abilities.

Edited by ericterminator

Using the Czerka Crate-O-Matic now hides equipped weapons.

Dear Bioware, I am glad someone from your team took the time to fix this bug. It was long overdue as all 2 players on my server who have the C-O-M can confirm. ;)

So with the change to solo FP's , I wonder what the rewards will be for the three FA parts ? I think they used to give 60 elite comms by doing all three. I might be wrong on that ). Also I wonder if my non-played FA character can now join his group member , who finished the FA quest line prior to SOR ? i.e Can a player who has completed FA now play with a player who hasn't ( solo mode ) ? I guess I can still use a FP boost and the 2 x xp week will help my 6 or so low level alts.

Bring on 3.2 though , looking forward to the Weekly rewards increases , very much so.

I also liked my pleasant surprise at finding yavin 4 weeklies offer a huge improvement in their respected rewards. Very sneaky and not mentioned on the internet at all until now , by me. Not on any site here , Dulfy , weird. Now all go cram Yavin so I can't finish them off next week , ha ha , I broke my silence on it.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

My typical grumpyness regarding the lack of testing for the Republic side ;) :

Shadow

General

Updated the Phase Walk tooltip for consistency with the Sith Assassin mirror.

Legacy of the Rakata

Republic Players are now able to enter the Flashpoint.

Missions + NPCs

Jedi Knights now receive a message after their encounter with Captain Milenec as intended.

Not that it vwould surprise me ... :rolleyes:

Ok guys, I was aware of the nerf of the sorc, but could you please stop taking the piss and just put down a %. I mean every other change you give exact percentages except this one. That just looks like you're hiding it on purpose out of fear for people falling over the actual %.

Well, I just want to know what I'm up against. My advice, if you cannot give the customer what they want, at least give them clarity. I've accepted that force storm will do less damage now but at least just treat us like adults and let us know what the final decision was on that %.

Seriously, people will find out in the end because people will be parsing and stuff...so this is just making yourself look bad like you're trying to hide something for fear of a **** storm over force storm...even if that wasn't your intent.