2.0 DPS Leaderboard (v2)

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update Mruniverse, vanguard: 3134.29 dps

http://www.torparse.com/a/363983/1/0/Damage+Dealt

Comparing your log to mine and considering that you stacked more crit, everything seems normal (even though the crit is off the roof, blame that on lucky parse) ... what doesn't really fit is the fact that your High Impact Bolt max and min hit are higher than mine, even though every other ability is much lower than mine.

Were using a different spec maybe ? because if you used the 2/22/22 is impossible that your max HIB hit is higher than mine.

My max hit was made during power relic, adrenal and power surge being active.

Impossible to hit higher ... unless there is a armor reduction on the target, but you didn't had armor reduction since everything else is lower, as they should.

if you used the 2/22/22 is impossible that your max HIB hit is higher than mine.

My max hit was made during power relic, adrenal and power surge being active.

Impossible to hit higher ... unless there is a armor reduction on the target, but you didn't had armor reduction since everything else is lower, as they should.

Most abilities themselves have a variance. Say, 2500 - 3500 on the tooltip for HIB. It is very possible that when all the stars aligned for your HIB crit, it wasn't as high because it was closer to the lower end of the baseline damage sprectrum for that ability. In other words, more RNG.

Edited by Arch_Angel_Gabe

Well you said you have the Eliminator set bonus right? The Combat tech set bonus for pve gives HIB an extra 8% damage. It was also done with power relic and power proc. Usually does 6800ish and sometimes over 7k. Other HIBs with power proc can do 6.2-6.6k. I admit it does take quite a few parses to get those crit %'s but haven't had a parse in a while with lower than like 35% crit on one of the main attacks. Also wanted to say the miss % on my hammer shot was the lowest I've ever seen it on any fight. Edited by xXsgtstinkerXx

Handcuff - Sage - 3/36/7 Telekinetics - 3019.5

http://www.torparse.com/a/363824/time/1375333201/1375333503/0/Overview

Since you Handcuff and Stomach are the same person I will be taking Handcuff's higher parse.

I'm interested in understanding VG DPS (cuz of my own), but I noticed that 1 Plasma Cell burning tech effect has not faded, that you left combat without the effect disappearing. Was the log edited?

I made the Plasma Cell burning tech apply and fade lines Bold and Red. The only effect fading from the dummy is GUT @ 01:24:11.792. Plasma Cell's burning tech never faded, yet you leave combat at 01:24:12.162 which is not possible unless Plasma Cell wears off.

A number of people /stuck at the 5minute mark, or soon after, to forcefully end combat. I personally do not see the point and it does add some discrepancies from the parses but combat ending then is not a reason to doubt them (yet). But, his original parse has been found without much difficulty. http://www.torparse.com/a/363979

So yes, he edited his log.

EDITING LOGS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ANOTHER SUCH INCIDENT WILL RESULT IN A PERMANENT REMOVAL FROM THE THREAD.

Since nothing immediate seems wrong in the genuine log, I will let it slide for the moment, but know you are on thin ice.

Since you Handcuff and Stomach are the same person I will be taking Handcuff's higher parse.

A number of people /stuck at the 5minute mark, or soon after, to forcefully end combat. I personally do not see the point and it does add some discrepancies from the parses but combat ending then is not a reason to doubt them (yet). But, his original parse has been found without much difficulty. http://www.torparse.com/a/363979

EDITING LOGS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ANOTHER SUCH INCIDENT WILL RESULT IN A PERMANENT REMOVAL FROM THE THREAD.

Since nothing immediate seems wrong in the genuine log, I will let it slide for the moment, but know you are on thin ice.

Wow alright I didn't know it was a big deal sorry. I had seen my guild members exit combat like that and wondered how they did it so they showed me. I will not do that if it is not permited I am very sorry for the misunderstanding.

Unless I am vastly confused about what you are talking about, I believe this was pretty common in the previous version of this thread. Note post #18 here who ran the actual DPS thread before you. For those who are too lazy, this is the post

Editing the logs is fine to cut out endtime, etc. Updated the rule concerning length accordingly (my bad, thought I had it there already.)

Can someone calculate what the DPS of a Dec/Inf-Sin would be like, with armordebuff and finisher below 30%? I hope someone do :)

I did the math for it here and here.

For the top Balance parse, the functional DPS, assuming it didn't have the armor debuff present, would be 3099.68 (2721.8 * (1+3.15% for Spinning Strike+4.59% for Mental Scarring) * (1+5.7% for armor debuff)). Assuming it had the armor debuff present, it would be 2932.47.

For the top Infiltration parse, the functional DPS, assuming it didn't have the armor debuff present, would be 2976.86 (2710.7 * (1+2.68% for Spinning Strike + 1.8% for Judgment) * (1+5.11% for armor debuff)). Assuming it had the armor debuff present, it would be 2832.14.

Yeah I thought a lot of people cut out the end time so didn't think it was a big deal..

It isn't a big deal IMO - Besides, it isn't like these records cannot be fudged anyway. How hard would it be to open up the log file in a text editor and merely add a hundred here, and there and maybe right here? Meh, we are on the honor system.

Unless I am vastly confused about what you are talking about, I believe this was pretty common in the previous version of this thread. Note post #18 here who ran the actual DPS thread before you. For those who are too lazy, this is the post

MisterMuse had his rules and I had mine. While you're cutting the endtime who's not to say you're not also "adding 100 here" and there. You're absolute correct that we're running on the honor system and here's my point: I want to see your log from start to finish. If you're taking the time to cut the endtime, I'm starting to think that you're doing something shady. I need to check these parses with especial scrutiny. I'm fairly flexible with the other rules, but manually rewriting your own log is something I will not condone.

Edited by Falver

No worries. One small error though, you keep putting Handcuffs on the OP :p there is no s!

Appreciate you continuing this thread though, must be a lot of work :eek:

MisterMuse had his rules and I had mine. While you're cutting the endtime who's not to say you're not also "adding 100 here" and there. You're absolute correct that we're running on the honor system and here's my point: I want to see your log from start to finish. If you're taking the time to cut the endtime, I'm starting to think that you're doing something shady. I need to check these parses with especial scrutiny. I'm fairly flexible with the other rules, but manually rewriting your own log is something I will not condone.

I see what you're trying to accomplish by asking for full parses, but I'm afraid it will really not have any affect on the end result, if a player is unethically altering his numbers, you won't be able to tell if numbers are altered just from if they cut out the ending or not...it's one of those "if there's a will there's a way" situations and frankly a bit sad people would even bother... You can dig deep and look for odd values in the parse.... But even that is no full proof way to monitor unfortunately...

There are two ways to cute end times:

1.) Using torparse's tool (you change the "end times there).

2.) You open the notepad and edit the log prior to uploading it to torparse

Number 1 is acceptable and I just assumed this is what everyone was doing when "cutting the end times" for their parses. Editting stuff in notepad prior to uploading in torparse is the "sketchy" method lol

Edited by paowee

I guess I have a different take on it. I feel that if someone was trying to cheat, they would do it more stealth like and not bring their parse to attention by editing the endcombat... IMO, I am less worried about Mr Universe parse because he is trying to inch the most DPS he can be editing the endcombat for when he wants it to end. If he was trying to be unethical, he would not worry about the end time and start add damage to all of his HIB's and Pulse Cannon's... That way the parse doesn't even look fishy in the first place.

I respect what you are trying to do, I just feel you should retract your statement about Mr Universe. You should update the rules to explicitly in regards to this. Maybe you already have? I checked about 2 hours ago and it didn't mention it.

I guess I have a different take on it. I feel that if someone was trying to cheat, they would do it more stealth like and not bring their parse to attention by editing the endcombat... IMO, I am less worried about Mr Universe parse because he is trying to inch the most DPS he can be editing the endcombat for when he wants it to end. If he was trying to be unethical, he would not worry about the end time and start add damage to all of his HIB's and Pulse Cannon's... That way the parse doesn't even look fishy in the first place.

I respect what you are trying to do, I just feel you should retract your statement about Mr Universe. You should update the rules to explicitly in regards to this. Maybe you already have? I checked about 2 hours ago and it didn't mention it.

The contents of his parse itself are not the issue. The problem is that there were past precedents of this sort of thing going on, and the most legitimate way for this thread to be run is for all participants to be using the parsing methods, hence why the rules exist in the first place. The reason Mruniverse got a warning at all is because of the past precedents (and the lawyers in here will say precedents do not equate to desirable) and because it was not in the rules before. It's one of the things that was on my mind and this is my way to resolve it. It was not Mruniverse specifically but if I saw it happening one more time I was going to explicitly state (and I did) that it is no longer allowed.

I can't make people record videos or have gearing profiles but I CAN require you to upload your entire combat log without tampers.

And your example of adding numbers, while I agree to some extent, is skewed. The existence of murder does not make stealing okay.

Edited by Falver

And your example of adding numbers, while I agree to some extent, is skewed. The existence of murder does not make stealing okay.

It is only skewed if you explicitly stated the rules before he did it. Since it was considered acceptable from the previous thread, and you didn't specify anything about it in this thread, it cannot be equated with stealing or even an offense at all. Now that you have updated the rule (your thread, your rules statement) then you would be correct, if someone were to edit their log. You cannot retroactively apply laws, but you already know this....

This will be my last comment on the situation. Let the thread carry-on.

Well you said you have the Eliminator set bonus right? The Combat tech set bonus for pve gives HIB an extra 8% damage

So you had that crit rate on HIB without the eliminator setbonus ? even more impressive.

Anyway we finally started clearing some bosses in NiM so i got my hands on some loot

since last parse : KD implant, Shadowed Earpiece, KD bracer, 1 lvl 75 armoring

Did a new parse tonight.

So update on Thoric - Vanguard - Hybrid - 2/22/22 - 3184

I see what you're trying to accomplish by asking for full parses, but I'm afraid it will really not have any affect on the end result, if a player is unethically altering his numbers, you won't be able to tell if numbers are altered just from if they cut out the ending or not...it's one of those "if there's a will there's a way" situations and frankly a bit sad people would even bother... You can dig deep and look for odd values in the parse.... But even that is no full proof way to monitor unfortunately...

Agree, if you cut the parse outside Torparse, theres more room for error plus mistakes... there are certain specs you cant just die and good, like dot Specs, i mean you can /stuck, but then u are the whole fight jsut waitting for the higher number to /stuck it?... as long as numbers seem real and parse trimmed in torparse at the end, it should be fine.

If you want to end combat while on the op's dummy it's quite easy. Do it in windowed mode. You can then see the torparse icon below. If you set it up before you start you can simply click the parse icon and then click stop. You may not come out of combat but the parse stops dead. It takes 2 very quick mouse clicks and less than half a second.

So you had that crit rate on HIB without the eliminator setbonus ? even more impressive.

Anyway we finally started clearing some bosses in NiM so i got my hands on some loot

since last parse : KD implant, Shadowed Earpiece, KD bracer, 1 lvl 75 armoring

Did a new parse tonight.

So update on Thoric - Vanguard - Hybrid - 2/22/22 - 3184

We all will get lucky parses, but you talked about my crit going through the roof even though I mostly stack crit. Do those 75 pieces have a lot of crit in them because your crit %'s were about the same as my best. Since today we've been on the topic of doctored parses how do you explain all these from this parse? I don't like to argue with people, but there's not much else you can say about this..... http://www.torparse.com/a/364167/time/1375357240/1375357548/0/Damage+Dealt

13:40:43.218 Thoric's Pulse Cannon critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 4150* elemental damage, causing 4150 threat!

13:40:44.298 Thoric's Pulse Cannon critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 4150* elemental damage, causing 2423 threat!

13:40:45.273 Thoric's Pulse Cannon critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 4411* elemental damage, causing 2580 threat!

13:40:46.255 Thoric's Pulse Cannon critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 4411* elemental damage, causing 2580 threat!

13:41:20.800 Thoric's Pulse Cannon critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 3635* elemental damage, causing 2122 threat!

13:41:21.804 Thoric's Pulse Cannon critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 3635* elemental damage, causing 2122 threat!

13:42:02.192 Thoric's Pulse Cannon critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 3635* elemental damage, causing 2122 threat!

13:42:17.658 Thoric's Burning (Tech) critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 1165* elemental damage, causing 579 threat!

13:43:01.344 Thoric's High Impact Bolt critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 6620* energy damage, causing 3289 threat!

13:43:08.416 Thoric's Pulse Cannon critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 3843* elemental damage, causing 2244 threat!

13:43:09.415 Thoric's Pulse Cannon critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 3843* elemental damage, causing 2244 threat!

13:43:14.181 Thoric's Incendiary Round critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 2091* elemental damage, causing 1039 threat!

13:43:59.658 Thoric's High Impact Bolt critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 6551* energy damage, causing 3255 threat!