Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

Xcore

Not if my character is still casting my 2.5 second cast that in reality require me to wait 3.5 second to do any other ability....or what about my dual strike that is instant yet require 2 second to cast any other ability afterward....

That is incorrect. The new ability will fire off canceling the previous one. This means the last hit/hits of damage/healing from the first ability dont go off. And if you're in interrupting duty you shouldnt be casting long stuff anyways.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to add my voice to those calling for Bioware to address this issue.

If you are a former WOW player it is very noticable and frustrating. I will continue leveling this game and perhaps an alt or two while this issue is addressed, but I cant see myself spending 6 years in swtor like I did with WoW if this issue remains unresolved. The gameplay has to be perfect. Others (WoW) have done it perfectly, I hope Bioware can as well.

Unlike WoW, animations matter here.

Remember WoW just fakes it. Most of what you see doesn't mean anything.

There is also the other side of the coin where some abilities require less than 1.5 second to finish animation and you end up there looking like a douche doing nothing.... This is glaring on some melee dps class where you have fast swing and then yoi stand there of for upward of a second doing nothing.

I just want to add my voice to those calling for Bioware to address this issue.

If you are a former WOW player it is very noticable and frustrating. I will continue leveling this game and perhaps an alt or two while this issue is addressed, but I cant see myself spending 6 years in swtor like I did with WoW if this issue remains unresolved. The gameplay has to be perfect. Others (WoW) have done it perfectly, I hope Bioware can as well.

WoW had no feeling at all. Animations meant nothing. What you see and what the other guy sees can be very different.

I hope they don't hamstring the game like that.

There is also the other side of the coin where some abilities require less than 1.5 second to finish animation and you end up there looking like a douche doing nothing.... This is glaring on some melee dps class where you have fast swing and then yoi stand there of for upward of a second doing nothing.

I play a Vanguard so I haven't seen that. This would be a different issue though but yeah I agree it would look dumb.

Edited by Gohlar

Whether you like the game or not, this is clearly an issue that needs to be addressed. Anyone saying that this is fine as is really needs to step down and leave the discussion, you are only hurting the game in the long run.

But what if we understand what is going on a lot more than you do?

Nothing is truly instant so you either fake it or you don't. If you have a good connection/computer you'd prefer the latter if you understood.

Edited by Gohlar