List of Missing or Bugged Codex entries from all Planets(Imperium)

Anduni

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Hey everyone,

We've unstickied this thread because it was not being kept updated by the original poster, but if anyone else would like to update, or create a new thread, just let us know.

Some new information about updating the codexes just came out today in the Community Q&A blog as well:

Hope this helps out, and thanks for your patience!

Its really funny.. i started the game 1 week ago.. thought that now, after enough months most bugs should be corrected. But now, after 1 week of playing, i have to say: the codex-problem is a joke. after reading a few 3rd party sites i can be sure, that im not blind, and many codex entrys are just unavailable. now im not wondering any more, why many ppl told me, that they stopped the game because of to many bugs which never will be fixed. if it starts so massively in the codex-system i dont wanna know what else is awaiting me if i play 1 more week.. or perhaps 2 :)

sry, but where is teh codex clean up? the news are from july. now its september, and i even cant complete any of the first 3 planets. whats after them i cant say sth, cause i wasnt there yet. Im not sure if i should be angry, keep laughing about the incompetence of programmers or crying because such problems are making me really sad.

Mutated Colicoid - the path that led up to this area seems to have been blocked off. Rather than fix the graphic errors, they just sealed it over with rock. The area looks different now. The only way for a non Inquisitor to get the entry seems to be tagging along with someone on the class quest.

And when you do that, taking the exit no longer takes you to the upper plateau (and then you take the one-way ramp down). Instead, the screen resets and you reappear at the starting entrance. No chance of seeing the target critters.

Edited by Voriof

I play both side toons, so I am not 100% sure, but I seem to remember the last time I went to get this I did find the path to be closed. But them, if you head up to the top right corner on the regular path, they have added Colicoids right outside the entrance to the mission and they gave me the codex. So now is actually easier, you just walk up to the top right area and kill the colicoid guards.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep, codex bugs still rampant. Thought by now it'd be fixed so I could start finishing my codex, but third planet on the list and already I have a missing one, "Master of the Burning Way" on Belsavis. :rolleyes:

Edit: add "Liberator of Corellia" to that.

Edited by RevansSoul

The ones that really bug me are:

1. Imperial Scholar (Korriban)

2. Conqueror of Balmorra

3. Primeval Explorer (Tatooine)

4. Champion of House Thul (Alderaan)

5. Scorcher of Worlds (Taris)

6.Venomous (Quesh)

7. of the Bane Brigade (Hoth)

8. Jailbreaker (Belsavis)

9. Ambassador of the Empire (Voss)

10. Conqueror of Corellia

We can haz fix?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, i have posted a thread about this in customer support to try and get it more awareness as i dont feel that this part of the forum is even looked at by moderators/staff, would welcome your input and help in keeping the thread active thanks!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=593880

Edited by TheFuzzyFunk

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone, i have posted a thread about this in customer support to try and get it more awareness as i dont feel that this part of the forum is even looked at by moderators/staff, would welcome your input and help in keeping the thread active thanks!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=593880

When I try to see this page I get this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

psytces, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was this page deleted or locked??

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Doesn't look like they've made any attempt to fix the Codex bugs, but judging from the new "Legacy Achievements" system they're planning to implement in 2.0, I'm guessing they'll either tidy up the old Codex, or just get rid of it completely and port over our existing unlocks into the new system.

Info is on the main news page of course, but here's the link anywho: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130403

Guess we'll find out later in the week. *Fingers crossed*

Doesn't look like they've made any attempt to fix the Codex bugs, but judging from the new "Legacy Achievements" system they're planning to implement in 2.0, I'm guessing they'll either tidy up the old Codex, or just get rid of it completely and port over our existing unlocks into the new system.

Info is on the main news page of course, but here's the link anywho: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130403

Guess we'll find out later in the week. *Fingers crossed*

I have early access, (big whoop) and according to the patch notes the ONLY thing done to fix the codexes was to correct typos in the text. Comfirmed with on-line play, and just to add insult to injury, there are achievements that can only be achieved by gettin the codex entry. I am sure about the rest of you, but I find this lack of professtional pride quite infuriating. Honestly, letting these bugs go on for so long and largely ignored, speaks volumes about their attitude towards quality control.

• 2 weeks later...

I am an achievement junky currently sitting at 686 out of 887 with my codex entries. I have come to the sad truth that the codex system and now even the achievement system they implemented is broken (And I found this post). Many codices can only be obtained from instances that revolve around a certain class. This in itself would not be an issue if they made the codices account/legacy wide so that all characters received it once obtained. Their have also been lore objects I have missed in my own class quests, I would not mind a feature that let me re enter previous story line instances that I have already completed to obtain these (I am not lazy but I already have 8 toons and do not want to roll another for a codex). Certain creatures for the bestiary are not there, for example the 3 on Ilum, I do not think Acidstalker on Taris even exists but if anyone happens to find him let me know. The list goes on.

The fact of the matter is they implemented a achievement system that revolves around a codex that is broken. Certain legacy titles are unobtainable and their are going to be some very unhappy people out there because of it.

I keep working on it on the eternal hope that maybe they will work on fixing it. Maybe. One day.

They did fix a few issues this last patch, not all, but a few step forward.

Here are a couple of tips I have found :

- There are a couple of elite kills on some planets that are tied to quest lines. If you have toons that have already gone beyond them, they can be hard to get. I decided to hang out by the spawn point in the hope somebody would group me just for the kill. Turns out I got credit for two of them just by helping on the kill (NOT GROUPED). Weird no? This was on areas where the spawn happens not inside an instance of course.

- There is one I did get by stealing kills. Now, I would rather not do that but then BW left me little choice. It didn't hurt the other player in that they got credit and completed their quest, and in the end only 1 player got upset in that he/she wanted to do it him/herself, and I apologized. Didn't go too bad.

I had hopes that while working on the achievement system they would do a major cleanup of the codex, after all everything wrong is extremely well documented by now, but, seems they never read here. :rolleyes:

Kind of sad, never even seen this in a game before. Achievements you cant unlock because the objectives dont exist? Very innovative. I just cant understand how something gets implemented without any testing at all, because all it would really take is 1 person, running through all the new achievements to be like "Wait a second...this is full of holes...we cant implement this, that would be terrible."

So...not a single person tested this?

Shameful.

Hello

please AmberGreen add problem with bugged/unobtainable codex entries

in "Known In-Game Issues"

this problem exists from start game in 2011 year and creates inconvenience to many people

also deserves attention

this lists of bugs

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=292539

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=104803

AmberGreen (responsible for problems and bugs- employee of Bioware) answer:

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting me. While we do know that there are Codex entries that are bugged, this is not something that belongs on the Known Issues. I've made a post here that clarifies what belongs there and why. Missing Codex entries do not affect gameplay, and we try to ensure that this list doesn't include issues such as this.

Nonetheless, I'll do some talking in the studio and will see if I can get enough solid info to post an update on the forums with regards to what's going on with Codex entries.

Thanks for understanding, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

So, they implement an Achievement system, but don't fix the codex entries in order to obtain them. WAY TO GO BIOWARE!!!!! :mad:

I am stuck being unable to get some of these because they are bugged or you have to create an entire new toon and level them to get it. This is SLOPPY!!! Fix your blasted codex system, I fail to see how it is THAT hard to do. Why create an achievement system if you CANT GET THE ACHIEVEMENT BECAUSE OF BROKEN CODEX????

Not sure if this is the right place for it.

Dromund Kaas - Yozusk Platesmasher

I need it for The Tyrant of Dromund Kaas achievement.

I've been camping the place for a few days now and it hasn't spawned. I've also switched instances and left the planet just in case but it still hasn't spawned.

• 2 weeks later...