Imperial hierarchy, star destroyers, moffs and admirals.

Cozur

Being level 35 with my Sith Juggernaut, I am seeing a somewhat weird pattern emerge.

Moffs, generals, admirals and the like all seem to have much less authority than my mere acolyte/apprentice and now sith lord character. While it certainly makes sense to me that a sith with the title Lord should be able to order around liuetenants, captains and majors, I don't think the same ought to be true when it comes to the higher ranking military officers. It just does not make sense from a purely logical standpoint. I very much doubt that Revans generals took orders from Sith apprentices, and we know that Tarkin was not afraid of standing up to Vader. And look at Thrawn, he bullied Jorus C'Boath all the time.

While I realise that examples above are not from the current timeline, it's an established fact that to have a working military force, you need a defined hierarchy, and I have simply not been able to figure the sith one out.

On a completely different rant, why is Grand Moff Kilran so bulky and haughty? He looked so cool in the timeline videos, and now he's just a stereotypical snotty aristocrat evildoer. He's like the antagonist in every american independence movie.

Also, what about the Imperial Fleet, and for that matter, the Republic one? There are these massive fleets of million ton starships, and they only ever serve as the target practice for my starship, or as a bus to board the enemy equivelant.

Rant off.

The Sith Empire is ruled, as the name states, by the Sith. To be Sith is to know that you are the master, and even the lowliest Sith is apprenticed to a Dark Lord. As you said, we're thousands of years and a completely different empire away from Thrawn. Sith seem to be almost completely above Imperial military orders and punishment. Is this a good system? No, probably not, since Sith tend to be haughty and power-mad anyway. But it's the system the Sith Empire uses.

As for the various fleets, what would you like to see them being used as? They seem to do their job just fine in ship battles.

Dark Lord - Absolute Ruler.

Dark Lord's Apprentice.

Dark Council.

Darth.

Lord.

Overseer/Inquisitor/Instructor.

Apprentice.

Acolyte.

Grand Moff - Political not military.

Moff.

Military Ranks.

Nobles.

Citizens.

Slaves.

Grand Moff's/Moff/Generals/Admirals/Captains can control Apprentices/Acolytes provided they are in their domain/territory (For example on the Black Talon was under a Grand Moff's domain therefore he could order the Sith players around). Very occasionally a Grand Moff's/Moff might be able to boss a Lord around if the situation is odd enough to call for it.

Most of the time you'll find Military Ranks are just relaying orders from higher Sith or asking for their favour rather than actually giving Sith orders themselves.

Imperial Intelligence technically works on Darth Jadus's authority (Dark Council), which is why they can get away with ignoring the Military command structure and lesser Sith for the most part. Of course they cannot order Sith around themselves.

Edited by AngelousWang

Imperial Intelligence technically works on Darth Jadus's authority (Dark Council), which is why they can get away with ignoring the Military command structure and lesser Sith for the most part. Of course they cannot order Sith around themselves.

Only Jadus can access Imperial Intelligence? I know he is a council member but as sith all council members still aim for some personal gain and Imp. Int. seems like a really strong tool in just his pocket.

Well, Thrawn bullied Joruus C'Boath (crazy clone), not Jorus C'Boath(Jedi master). Crazy people are probably trivial for Thrawn to manipulate. And the Sith Empire isn't well organized, that's kind of the point of random apprentices telling Generals what to do.

Well, Thrawn bullied Joruus C'Boath (crazy clone), not Jorus C'Boath(Jedi master). Crazy people are probably trivial for Thrawn to manipulate. And the Sith Empire isn't well organized, that's kind of the point of random apprentices telling Generals what to do.

I'd just love to see some sort of chart or something like that. Frankly, it all seems very silly to me.

Dark Lord - Absolute Ruler.

Dark Lord's Apprentice.

Dark Council.

Darth.

Lord.

Overseer/Inquisitor/Instructor.

Apprentice.

Acolyte.

Grand Moff - Political not military.

Moff.

Military Ranks.

Nobles.

Citizens.

Slaves.

Grand Moff's/Moff/Generals/Admirals/Captains can control Apprentices/Acolytes provided they are in their domain/territory (For example on the Black Talon was under a Grand Moff's domain therefore he could order the Sith players around). Very occasionally a Grand Moff's/Moff might be able to boss a Lord around if the situation is odd enough to call for it.

Most of the time you'll find Military Ranks are just relaying orders from higher Sith or asking for their favour rather than actually giving Sith orders themselves.

quoted for truth.

In the sith Empire the sith are in charge to understand the picking order.

Ruling society

Sith and their ranks

Regular society

none force sensitives

Lower Society

Slaves/none imperials

Sith empire structure is all about the authority of the emperor. Your only as strong as the authority given to you by the emperor and then funneled down through his servants.