Cademimu: Stop Standing on the Taxi Ship

I think your confused. The adds will die from Wookie's flamethrower and instantly from his "Unstable Fuel" channel. This topic wasn't about not killing the adds; it was about not going over and standing on the taxi, which drags the fight out.

I'm not confused...you have to hit the Uggs to get credit for the kill count. If you let the Wookiee kill them you don't get credit. It takes less time to kill them than it does to take the long way (not using the door or police speeder)....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It's easier for my healer and ranged dps to sit on the Taxi doing the most non tank aggro safely while we burn down the boss quickly and then aoe the adds quickly.

Don't be mad because you hate when people get clever with fight mechanics.

No it's easier, and faster, to just let the tank aoe the adds and let them burn...only time that is not easier is when your dps are too retarded to understand the instruction "don't use aoe, just focus boss" - if they can't do that then you have bigger problems than where to stand...

Edited by Snapsix

I'm not confused...you have to hit the Uggs to get credit for the kill count. If you let the Wookiee kill them you don't get credit. It takes less time to kill them than it does to take the long way (not using the door or police speeder)....

Again, not trying to sound rude, but I do believe you are confused. Via the method I describe, the tank IS hitting the adds when they first spawn in order to gather them up. So initial damage is being dealt by the tank. Letting the Wookie finish them off does indeed count them towards the bonus.

No it's easier, and faster, to just let the tank aoe the adds and let them burn...only time that is not easier is when your dps are too retarded to understand the instruction "don't use aoe, just focus boss" - if they can't do that then you have bigger problems than where to stand...

Good response is good!

So you don't want the healer to heal when the adds come down, right? Because the adds will run right to the healer if they're healing when he comes down... using the ship is a good idea, and doesn't make the fight any harder - any good tank knows how to position themselves to give the group the best success- I play a melee DPS and never have an issue.

So you don't want the healer to heal when the adds come down, right? Because the adds will run right to the healer if they're healing when he comes down... using the ship is a good idea, and doesn't make the fight any harder - any good tank knows how to position themselves to give the group the best success- I play a melee DPS and never have an issue.

Smash/Discharge/Wither/Flame Sweep/Sweeping Slash > Healing threat

Any of those moves done at the moment the adds appear (i.e. them jetting down from the ship) will register with them and latch them onto the tank. They will only pull off the tank after that if a DPS either 1) hits them with an AoE or 2) targets an add and starts attacking it. Healing will not override the tanks AoE if they continue to use it.

The op is totally wrong. Ranged dps and heals stand on the back of the ship. Tank positions the boss in the rear of the taxi facing the add spawn location. The healer will usually agro the adds and the will pile up right behind the tank in the flames. When the boss dies any adds not killed by his unstable gas will evade and disappear.

I realize that this is exploiting the ship mechanic but it is no different than the box mechanic during trenchcutters on ec nm. The truth is that this is the easiest way for a tank to get throigh the fight even if the dps or healers are big *******.

I mean the other day i had a sentinel with no offhand saber and a gunslinger with 15k hp who used stun grenade on cooldown in his boss rotation.

Any of those moves done at the moment the adds appear (i.e. them jetting down from the ship) will register with them and latch them onto the tank. They will only pull off the tank after that if a DPS either 1) hits them with an AoE or 2) targets an add and starts attacking it. Healing will not override the tanks AoE if they continue to use it.

You obviously dont know any good healers

I almost always get this HM FP and I hate it when people insist I stand on the taxi. As a healer, I want to be able to run around and get my own LOS.

I ran this with a group earlier tonight, not only were we all on the ground, the DPS'ers didn't attack the adds, even with an AOE. I threw and agro dump once, maybe twice, and the adds never once looked at anyone other than the tank.

So my thought is, you only need to drag the fight out if your tank is slow, or your DPS don't know how to single target.

For the tank, it's about timing his/her aoe attack to get the adds. When stuff spawns, there's that second or two (at least with my lag) when they are there, but not quite there. A liitle moment too soon, and the aoe attack wont hit them because they're immnune or whatever (just like when adds that pop out of elevators)

When I heal that fight (with my sorc), I stand at the wookie's back. If tank initially miss the adds and they go after me, tank will be able to pick them up quite easily.

Top class to screw this fight up: Snipers. They just can't seem to be able to not cast Orbital Strike. They can't seem to be able to stay close and they stay at like 34 meters thinking adds wont catch them there :D

Not sure what ship are people are talking about. Personally I like standing on the boxes because it feels cool and more realistic for a sniper than stacking up with melee classes. But I don't mind doing the fight either way. Since most of the people are way overgeard for the fight by now, it doesn't matter which way you do it.

Not sure what ship are people are talking about. Personally I like standing on the boxes because it feels cool and more realistic for a sniper than stacking up with melee classes. But I don't mind doing the fight either way. Since most of the people are way overgeard for the fight by now, it doesn't matter which way you do it.

straight off the elevator you are looking at the back end of a car/ship/thing...you can get on top of that one. thats what we are talking about.

• 1 month later...

I'm Sorc healz and have done this fight many ways. Almost never wipe. Funny thing happened last night. Ranged DPS (both were ranged) and I were on the ship (as ordered by our tank) and all went very smoothly. Wookie dead in no time at all. DPSers jump down and take off to continue onward, following the tank who took off even sooner.

Since tankie had brought the wookie right next to the ship, I did not have to move to click and loot. I'm looking for specific mods and enhancements nowadays, so it take me a bit longer to loot, and by the time I was done the other three in my party were nearly out of sight, on their way to the next fight!

This is when I notice that right behind me, just under the wing, are all 4 (or 5?) piggies....looking up at me like I'm their mommy. I start to move down the nose of the ship and they side-step along with me. Right away I'm back to the rear and they just stand there, all in a group....staring up at me. I swear I wanted to toss them some mackerel or something.

In chat, I'm like "Uh guys? I think we forgot something!" After many LOLs and LMFAOs, they all came back and we had a second fight that I think took longer than it did to kill the wookie! No sweat and we face-rolled the rest of the FP too.

Never seen it where the piggies were completely ignored by the entire party!!

Actually. Even with melee dps and tank, many in my guild do the fight off of the shuttle , because our method has proven to be faster. Have the tank taunt, then Los behind the shuttle. Then when the boss runs past the nose, tank jumps up on the shuttle and along with melee dps, attacks him from the nose, while the ranged stands on top. If everyone is on the shuttle, the boss dies an less than a minute, and the adds will evade in approx 30 seconds after the boss dies. Simple.

So, after the months have ticked on, my revised statement is that, if you're going to stand on the shuttle, everyone, especially the tank better damn well know how to do it the right way. I've seen too many tanks that either don't know you're supposed to LOS the wookiee or dps that that pull aggro before the tank can, or pull aggro on the adds, and the whole thing just becomes pointless.

Well, i prefer to keep team in safe.

What's so terrible in a LITTLE longer fight?

Why so hurry?

Your turkey is burn? Or milk? Or girlfriend in bed calling you?

You are playing the game - enjoy it.

And by the way - after killing wookie, tank even don't have to do "dirty" job. DPS will burn little guys in no time with aoe.

I don't see a problem here.

If you insist - give us a numbers of fight time, so we can see a difference.

Otherwise OP is wrong.

As someone who tanks(juggy/sin/pt) I support the OP's cause. Listen to the god damn tank... also since coming back to this game a month ago.. ive never seen so many clueless dps/healers.. dps don't know kill order aka weak to strong.. healers that refuse to heal after combat(when I as the tank is the only one taking dmg, if I fail on a pulla nd a lot of ppl ake dmg I have no prob healing myself)... drives me nuts!

As someone who tanks(juggy/sin/pt) I support the OP's cause. Listen to the gosh darn tank... also since coming back to this game a month ago.. ive never seen so many clueless dps/healers.. dps don't know kill order aka weak to strong.. healers that refuse to heal after combat(when I as the tank is the only one taking dmg, if I fail on a pulla nd a lot of ppl ake dmg I have no prob healing myself)... drives me nuts!

When I am healing, I will heal the tank and dps after the fight just because I want to get to the next pull asap and as a sawbones it is easy to heal on the run. However, it drives me nuts when I play dps and you have a new healer or a healer is just level 66 gear and the tank expects the healer to heal them between pulls. Hey, they need a few seconds to recoup energy/force too. Healers responsibility ends when the fight is over after that they are responsible for getting themselves ready for the next pull just as you are. Everyone lives during a pull healer has done its job. If one heals you after the fight is over, they are being nice and have a abundance of force/energy, but not all healer have the same level of gear.

Saying don't AoE the adds is all well and good except both Sage DPS trees bring an AoE component to their mix. Asking a sage DPS to not hit a TK Wave proc or to not use FiB is fundamentally against their nature.

That being said, as a commando DPS I've never seen the problem just doing the fight as intended. The tank should have aggro pretty solid before the adds spawn, at which point he takes care of making sure the adds stay put too. It's honestly not that big of a deal.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to necro this. But this needs to be said. For SM it is really no point in using that mechanic. For people insisting on using it in SM is ridiculous. With HM i can definitely see it's merits and I use it every single time. But SM, really now? Ive been leveling an alt and every single time I'm there someone will " omg what are you doing? get behind/on the taxi idiot!"

The adds barely do any harm and can be quickly downed by the Wookie's fire. As long as you use any type of AOE move when they come down they will stick on you and wont go for the healer.

Aggro them, Run around in the flamethrower, Adds dead. Repeat, Wait for Explosive fuel to finish off leftovers,

If you don't think the tank can manage that, ranged and heals fee free to jump on the cab so a stray ugnaughts wont go after you. But the LOS cab method often leaves ugnaught behind because they're not in range for explosive fuel. Tanks have no group taunt before lvl 30 so half the time they wont be able to grab them to get them near for EF.

One phrase: "PuGs in EC hm firestorm and stormcaller". Despite the extremely complex mechanics that fight has, pugs always screw up at the simplest one: "don't AoE inside the shields".

Suddenly I feel bad about making everyone stand on the taxi ship.

Though I never knew the wookies flamethrower could kill the ugnaughts, so I learned something from this. I always just LoS'd the wookie boss over to the ship, and in the final moments of the fight AoE taunted them, and they would all get blown up by the wookie boss. I got quite amazing at it too.