The character best story line!

Letsjet

Is what I'm looking for. I know there are threads like this in the past, but now people have played multiple characters up.

WITHOUT SPOILERS please, in your opinion what storys really drew you made you get that "star warsy" feeling of really accomplishing a heroic task for the empire or the republic. Improbably making my alt off the results ofthis thread.

Edited by Letsjet

From what I have read, the Jedi Knight has the iconic Star Wars, save the day story to it. This is also true with the first couple of companions you get early on compared to some other classes, much more iconic feeling.

Best to worst from what I've played:

Imperial Agent

Sith Warrior

Sith Inq

Bounty Hunter

Trooper

The IA probably isn't going to give you very star wars feel because well... the movie really has nothing to do with them but it really shows their involvement in the empire and interactions with the sith.

Sith Warrior is very much a star wars feel to it. Playing light side makes for some very interesting situations too.

Edited by DrekorSilverfang

The Jedi Knight story is save the galaxy.

The Jedi Consular story is save the Jedi.

The Trooper story is save the Republic (mostly from itself).

The Imperial Agent story is complex, but comes down to: help yourself/Jadus/the Sith&Empire/the Republic.

The Sith stories are both personal quest for power, with some big repercussions for the Empire, but nothing that saves or breaks it.

The Smuggler and Bounty Hunter are personal.

So the Jedi Knight is your Star Wars movie like story.

That's great info guys, esp AW. My main is a (JC) Sage. I do have a Jugg, Sniper, and a PT all low teens. Although the BH like looked interesting i can see where it would get old fast.

Is there a difference in the operative and the sniper? Which is this awesome IA story line I've been hearing about from all these posts? (Again please, no spoilers).

The smuggler story is pretty darn good. I didnt think i would care for the class but omg. If you play as darkside or a jerk you will love it.

The sith warrior story had some pretty epic moments, mostly darkside stuff around alderaan and another planet but i cant for the life of me remember which one.

The smuggler story is pretty darn good. I didnt think i would care for the class but omg. If you play as darkside or a jerk you will love it.

The sith warrior story had some pretty epic moments, mostly darkside stuff around alderaan and another planet but i cant for the life of me remember which one.

Light side ending to chapter 1 for sith warrior is pretty awesome :)

Is there a difference in the operative and the sniper? Which is this awesome IA story line I've been hearing about from all these posts? (Again please, no spoilers).

There is no difference, Sniper and Operative are the ACs of the agent, and share the same story. This is my favorite story of the ones I've completely finished so far (Agent, Inquisitor, Warrior). If, however, you're looking for the classic 'Star Wars story', this is not it. The agent is much more of a spy novel. You spend a lot of time undercover posing as a pirate, a resistance fighter, a defector to the Republic, a prison gang leader, and probably a few others I can't remember right now. It's a very well told story, but by the end you will probably be pretty angry with absolutely everyone.

Light side ending to chapter 1 for sith warrior is pretty awesome :)

If you went light doesnt that preclude you from some nice sabers later on? Also, how does questing work? I have a sith warrior and he will be dark iv just like my sage will be might IV but my sniper is a more of a neutral bounth hunter wirking for the government.

The Imperial Agent and the Smugglers seem the funnest to me, i liked the Bounty hunters tho i only got to the mid 30's.

only level 50 i have is a Sith inquisitor assassin and i went dark side for him.. story overall was ok but not great.. but something happens at the end that made me want to reply it as a light side to see how the story played out.

If you went light doesnt that preclude you from some nice sabers later on? Also, how does questing work? I have a sith warrior and he will be dark iv just like my sage will be might IV but my sniper is a more of a neutral bounth hunter wirking for the government.

You get the best gear from raiding or pvping. None of that gear has alignment restrictions on it that I have seen. My Sentinel is full light, but after seeing that it made little difference at the end my Vanguard and Scoundrel are lightish. More light than dark, but I don't bother making choices based on a white star or black/red triangle. I do what makes sense for the situation and the character. Sometimes, my scoundrel needs to make a profit. Sometimes, my Vanguard just kills the bad guy if he doesn't have orders to take him alive. The military solution is not always the Lightside one.

Every set of Advanced Classes has the same story as its partner. So Marauders/Juggernauts have the same story. Snipers/Operatives have the same story. Guardians/Sentinels have the same story, Vanguards/Commandos have the same story, etc. What determines your class story is the base class you pick at character creation, not your AC. Heck, you can play the whole game without ever picking an AC, though it'll be harder.

As for which is best, it's all a matter of what you're looking for. Most everyone's descriptions are pretty accurate - the Jedi Knight is the most iconic story, Sith Inquisitor is about rising to power and Sith Warrior is the same, although the Warrior story is more through traditional Sith means whereas the Inquisitor is involved in some shenanigans. The Smuggler and BH are personal stories, and they require that you put some thought into who your character is and what their motivations are for you to get the most enjoyment out of them. The Consular is more focused on diplomacy, alliances, and saving the Jedi order itself rather than the Republic or the greater galaxy, although I guess by proxy it does wind up doing those things. The Trooper is more about saving the Republic as a soldier and non-Force user, which I think is interesting in and of itself.

My personal favorite is the Imperial Agent story, though. I went into this game wanting to play a "normal" person, someone who lived in a galaxy where crazy space wizards regularly dragged everyone else into war over philosophical disagreements. For me the IA story explored that in spades and really explored what being a regular person in the Sith Empire is like. It even covers some of the Jedi as well, although not nearly as much. But it was a great take on the Star Wars universe, and I think it blows all the others out of the water. It's not traditional, it doesn't explore any of the usual Star Wars fare, but the companions are all unique and interesting, and they all have genuine personalities (whether you like them or not). And that's more than can be said for some other class companions.

Jedi Knight was a lot of fun, had some difficult moments and had a great story.

I leveled a trooper next and I couldn't be more disappointed with the final quest.

So easy it could be completed solo at 48 with no deaths and the story itself was just....a huge letdown. I honestly felt like they just gave up and never really finished the story.

Edited by Saamcrow

I've completed 3 Stories, and would rank them as:

Warrior > Imperial Agent (marginally) > > > > > > Inquisitor

The only reason Agent isn't equal or better than Warrior is because the ending climactic events really didn't do the rest of the story any justice and were a bit underwhelming.

The non-force-users are way above average people in their power. You are not an average person as any class in this game.

Story wise the agent one seems to be the best crafted. Good plot twists, personal struggle, an enemy that is puppeteering both republic and empire and you beat him (Since some people complain that there is a lack of scale). Lightside and darkside choices both are thought out and not typical boyscout vs cartoon viallain choices.

On the agent forum someone complained that he didn't like the story because he was angry about losing control which is funny because it is the sign of a good tale if you emotionally connect to the characters.

I was *really* angry at the antoganist of act 2 and was relieved when my agent killed him.

And about the act 3 antagonist:

I really wanted to kill them throughout the whole act, when he was at his knees before my agent when all was over, there was a weird sympathy

"Goodbye, and don't let them ever stop you"

I finished act 1 on my sorcerer. It was full of typical "I have a bad feeling about this" moments and you walk in dumbfoundedly anyway. I wasn't sure if i should laugh because of the attempted humour or cry because of the sillyness of the act finale.

You are a snarling, scenery chewing cartoon villain. If you play a lighside inquisitor the dialogues are at the breaking point where you notice that the lines are tacked on. "What kind of sith are you ?!"

Edited by Abye