How to craft?

Biggyniner

You can craft anytime after you have a companion and have gotten to the Fleet station of your faction.

Your Crafting Skill window and your Companion window are the same thing, to open it press "N" or use the button on the top of your window.

Once you have a Crafting Skill it will show up at the top of this window with a button on the left side and a skill progress bar from 0 to 400 on the right side. If you ever want to drop a skill there is a small X on the right side under the skill bar that will let you drop the skill.

To open your Crafting window click the button and it will bring up your recipe window. Pick which item you want to craft and who you want to do it on the bottom of the window. As long as you have the required materials you are good!

Each companion can que up to five items at a time to craft. Keep clicking the craft button to que more items. The number of companions you can send out on missions or have crafting at one time is dependent on you level though.

Edited by Amelaista

you can craft anytime after you have a companion and have gotten to the fleet station of your faction.

Your crafting skill window and your companion window are the same thing, to open it press "n" or use the button on the top of your window.

Once you have a crafting skill it will show up at the top of this window with a button on the left side and a skill progress bar from 0 to 400 on the right side. If you ever want to drop a skill there is a small x on the right side under the skill bar that will let you drop the skill.

To open your crafting window click the button and it will bring up your recipe window. Pick which item you want to craft and who you want to do it on the bottom of the window. As long as you have the required materials you are good!

Each companion can que up to five items at a time to craft. Keep clicking the craft button to que more items. The number of companions you can send out on missions or have crafting at one time is dependent on you level though.

thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
You can craft anytime after you have a companion and have gotten to the Fleet station of your faction.

Your Crafting Skill window and your Companion window are the same thing, to open it press "N" or use the button on the top of your window.

Once you have a Crafting Skill it will show up at the top of this window with a button on the left side and a skill progress bar from 0 to 400 on the right side. If you ever want to drop a skill there is a small X on the right side under the skill bar that will let you drop the skill.

To open your Crafting window click the button and it will bring up your recipe window. Pick which item you want to craft and who you want to do it on the bottom of the window. As long as you have the required materials you are good!

Thank you

I have one question do I left or right click on what I want to craft because it's not working?

Edited by KiwiMadness

Thank you

I have one question do I left or right click on what I want to craft because it's not working?

The post you responded to is several years old. The default key to open your Crew Skill window is "B". You should see your 3 icons for crew skills that you picked listed there near each of your companions. You can only have 1 crafting crew skill, that will be the first one on the left. Once you click on your crafting crew skill icon, it will open your crafting window with a list of various item categories and items to craft on the left side of the window.

When you click on an item, it will show you the item and its required materials on the right side of the window. Materials from your Inventory, Cargo Hold, or Legacy Stronghold Storage will be included when crafting. You must then go to the bottom right and select which companion will craft the item. When you're ready, just hit the "Craft" button in the lower right (left-click). Each companion can have up to 5 items queued up to craft. If you want to cancel an item from crafting, you can go back to your Crew Skills window and right-click the item in the queue.

Edited by Anduhar

• 5 months later...
I'll stick a question in here as it's relevant.

Do I just need to keep sending companions out to level to the next grade or is there another step required?

To get your crafting level to the next grade, you have to have your companions craft stuff repeatedly. Eventually, you'll be able to learn higher-level schematics, but to do so, you must visit a crew skill trainer for the skill you have taken.

These trainers are on:

* The Fleet (both sides)

* The capital worlds (Dromund Kaas in the eastern-most (right side of map) part of Kaas City, Coruscant under the Senate Plaza).

* Tatooine in Anchorhead and Mos Ila (in town, not in the space port)

* Corellia in the spaceport

* Alderaan, in the grounds of the Organa Castle and the Thul Palace

* Nar Shaddaa, in the lower Promenade

* Voss, in the eastern side of Voss-Ka, near the cantina

* Zakuul, in the Old World kinda near the tram station and kinda near where you meet Mona Gale in Chapter VII.

when you get to the fleet you go learn a crafting and two gatherings (If you subbed). You can find these in the crew skills area of the fleet.

A minor point, but usually, you learn 1 crafting skill, 1 gathering skill, and 1 mission skill. You can only have one crafting skill and one mission skill per character. You can, however, have various combos of them, such as 2 gathering and 1 mission, or 3 gathering, etc. A common setup I use for my non-crafting alts, for example, is to take Scavenging, Archaeology, and Slicing. (Biochem can also be used.)

Note - there can be advantages in some Heroics to having Scavenging, Archaeology, or Slicing to open doors, activate droids and elevators, etc. So even if you don't intend to craft, it can be useful to have the skills.

Edited by JediQuaker

A minor point, but usually, you learn 1 crafting skill, 1 gathering skill, and 1 mission skill. You can only have one crafting skill and one mission skill per character. You can, however, have various combos of them, such as 2 gathering and 1 mission, or 3 gathering, etc. A common setup I use for my non-crafting alts, for example, is to take Scavenging, Archaeology, and Slicing. (Biochem can also be used.)

Note - there can be advantages in some Heroics to having Scavenging, Archaeology, or Slicing to open doors, activate droids and elevators, etc. So even if you don't intend to craft, it can be useful to have the skills.

While you can only one have one crafting skill per character, you can have any combination of gathering and mission skills. I have a character with Underworld Trading, Diplomacy, and Slicing

While you can only one have one crafting skill per character, you can have any combination of gathering and mission skills. I have a character with Underworld Trading, Diplomacy, and Slicing

Oops, I wasn't sure about that, but I figured someone would correct it if it was wrong. :)