End of Ranked Season 12

DanielSteed

If Bioware were competent, you wouldn't even be allowed to play this game anymore full stop, and we would all be better off for it.

You cannot really hinder a person to not play this game. Its easy to make a new account and the fun starts from 0. I have 2 accounts, even if i lose both I am still able to play from scratch. I do not put my life into this game like, evidently, many people here.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot really hinder a person to not play this game. Its easy to make a new account and the fun starts from 0. I have 2 accounts, even if i lose both I am still able to play from scratch. I do not put my life into this game like, evidently, many people here.

You just admitted that even if both of your 2 accounts (which is another data point showing your extreme dedication to this game) were banned you would start from scratch again... which is itself a bannable offense. Obviously you do put your life into this game and you're projecting again lol.

As for the ease of starting over on a new account, tell that to Nikana, who got his second account permabanned for ban evasion not long ago.

I didnt expect them :) so you cant say "everyone".

rofl sure you didn't. If someone had asked you a few months ago what rewards were coming at the end of the season, you would have said season 3 replicas just like everyone else.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

The whole pvp eco system needs an overhaul. Not just the ranked part.

I agree. Unfortunately no one (other than you) has offered any reply nor suggestions relating to the similar sentiment (and bold ideas) i expressed earlier too.

But the real question is: Does BioWare agree? (And if yes, do they even have the resources & workforce to devote? )

Or , are we all just doomed to more Cartel Market catering + reskin "rewards" from now until 2023 when EA's contract runs out? :eek:

I don't know why this surprises any of you guys. Seriously, get rid of your biases and analyze Bioware's actions these past few years. If I have to date a time when this game started to decline, I would mark that with the release of Shadow of Revan and the removal of skill trees. Two operations were released with patch 3.0. There were a total of five operations released in 2.0. Those operations were also only story and hardmode. Fast forward three years of having no new PvE content to the release of the War For Iokath. We got another operation! Oh, but it was just released with one boss. The rest of the bosses were released over a course of a little over a year. They tried to play this off as something unique. Now, we cannot assume what goes through those "200 IQ" brains, but this seems like an attempt to kill off the PvE community slowly but long enough to keep a good number of them paying for a subscription. Let's backtrack to the release of 3.0 and take a look at PvP. Furious weapons and armor were released after season 3. The most sought out and best-looking gear to many. Let's keep that in mind. With 3.0, also came the removal of skill trees. One of the most enjoyable parts of your character, before 2.0, was that you can customize their skill trees and create your hybrid spec. Although tolerable, it did upset a lot of people when they were removed. So this time after the release of Shadow of Revan was a good time overall. Mainly because people were expecting the game to keep expanding and having more content. There was no impression that the game was heading on a decline. A wave of PvPers quit the game at the end of season 5. Players were expecting them to release more armor as rewards and win trading was rampant. 5.0 came and a huge wave of players quit the game as a result of the gearing system. None of it was asked for. Now, the ranked seasons usually had a theme that makes sense with what the storyline is at the time. The themes started to be nonexistent and the top 3 titles were completely random. The season 7 title was the last to make sense. Then, they just started having any adjectives as a title. On Fire, The Genius, The Expert, The Ruthless, The Cunning, and season 13 will be "The Delusional". So here we are. They have put the nail to the coffin. The PvP community is on its way out. Anyone that is left playing ranked, in my opinion, of course, is people with low self-esteem trying to fill that void. But regardless. This is my evaluation and prediction: Bioware has only released 3 operations in the last 6 years. Bioware has released minimal PvP content, unsatisfying rewards, were too slow to fix the win trading mess, and still got it wrong and pulled off one of the biggest trolls. Now my prediction is that they are going to do season 3 rewards next season, that way they can fool more people into paying for a subscription for even longer. They probably know that they can use that leverage to still get people to play. It's a masterplan by our awesome developers. So regardless, they are either trying to get as much revenue as possible before pulling the plug, or they are the most terrible entrepreneurs on the face of the earth. I'm going with both. And you know, there is a lot of conversation happening in the US right now about all-round corruption. Well, we have corruption right here folks. Get your signs and your masks and protest outside their HQ. Seriously, put this company and EA out of business. They are a disgrace. And if you give them money, you are the problem.

You just admitted.....

Based on your posts I keep admitting stuff :D there is nothing wrong with having more accounts. Ban evasion is bannable but they have to prove it in the first place, which may prove difficult.

Obviously you do put your life into this game and you're projecting again lol.

I do not know where you get this wisdom of yours. I told you in other threads that I have taken quite a few pauses in this game and frankly I am getting old and starting to preffer sleep before this game.

If someone had asked you a few months ago what rewards were coming at the end of the season, you would have said season 3 replicas just like everyone else.

If someone asked me that I would say I do not know or care what the rewards are.

If I have to date a time when this game started to decline, I would mark that with the release of Shadow of Revan and the removal of skill trees.

I agree with you here. I also think that 3.0 was the last of the good expansions. However, things started to get good again when Keith took over, but I guess it will never be what it was before until some big things change.

With 3.0, also came the removal of skill trees. One of the most enjoyable parts of your character, before 2.0, was that you can customize their skill trees and create your hybrid spec. Although tolerable, it did upset a lot of people when they were removed.

No I do not agree on this. Sure, skill trees and hybrids were suitable for some, but it was a pain for many. People in PVP could really get wrecked due to hybrids and they were also missused in PVE and operations, which were really hard back then. I am a person which loves when tings are by the books and this was way off. That is why I loved when we got disciplines since they were fixed with very little variation. But yeah, I guess I am alone in this :)

So this time after the release of Shadow of Revan was a good time overall. Mainly because people were expecting the game to keep expanding and having more content. There was no impression that the game was heading on a decline. A wave of PvPers quit the game at the end of season 5. Players were expecting them to release more armor as rewards and win trading was rampant. 5.0 came and a huge wave of players quit the game as a result of the gearing system. None of it was asked for.

Most of us who were around for quite some time know that this was mainly due to the development of Anthem. Swtor stood still for quite a while because of that game, which became a flop, like everyone expected, anyway. What many though was that Ben Irving was to blame. First he got in charge of swtor when it was in maintanance mode, then he went on to Anthem and then he left Bioware. That was a sad time for swtor, but sadly there was nothing anyone could have done as it was EA/Bioware decision. You can either go with it or leave the game.

Now my prediction is

There is just too much that can happen, even the license for SW will expire soon and noone knows what will happen. This is a game, its a virtual environment, when it disappears nothing changes for us, our lifes go on. You just find another game and play it or maybe you will go outside and play for a change. If everyones free choice. Devs hold the key to this game, they can turn it off at anytime and you need to be ready for that.

Get your signs and your masks and protest outside their HQ. Seriously, put this company and EA out of business. They are a disgrace.

I have to say EA is not exactly a good company the way they runs things. I have invested money into them and got some profits from it, yet it wasnt anything extraordinary as their stock barely moves. The stock does not tell you all about the company though. In the end its the players who decide on what they do and what they play. If you want to run them out of business you just dont play their games. Protesting the way US people do is just silly, but we europeans got used to USA already. Protesting because of a video game is the next level :D

And if you give them money, you are the problem.

Your post was great up to this point. So a subscriber says this?? :D You are the problem then.

I agree. Unfortunately no one (other than you) has offered any reply nor suggestions relating to the similar sentiment (and bold ideas) i expressed earlier too.

But the real question is: Does BioWare agree? (And if yes, do they even have the resources & workforce to devote? )

Or , are we all just doomed to more Cartel Market catering + reskin "rewards" from now until 2023 when EA's contract runs out? :eek:

My personal opinion is Bioware don’t care. I’m sure there are individuals in the Bioware team who would agree something needs to be done and some may even agree with lots of what we say here. But Bioware as an entity doesn’t care.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

musco did actually state in the dev live stream when they annoucned that they're bringing back old sh*t that it would be season 10=s1 s11=s2 s12=s3 and so on so yes they did actually state it.

Please link that because I’ve not seen it and I can’t find it.

Don't know why Bioware issue rewards for what has to be the most toxic part of the game. Ranked Warzones have never successfully drawn people in to compete in a fun, safe way. Any wonder why people revert to running solo content as a prefered way to spend their time.

If tranking was done well as a by product of normal warzones I think you'd get more uptake - in the same way people are now happy to get involved with conquests. Compare the two systems. Time for ranked wz (in their current format) to die.

It is a shame that ranked is toxic, however I think it is more to do with the type of people that play it and that they take it so seriously they seem to lack any basic human decency when dealing/communicating with others rather than the activity itself.

I am generalising though, as there are also some nice/decent people, but unfortunately the toxic folks spoil it for everyone else. Then these same players wonder why the queues don't pop as often as they would like - the irony lol :D

As for the devs - sure they can do nothing as usual and leave things to be forgotten by not answering community questions as that's their usual track record. But why not do the better thing and actually engage with the community devs? Why even have a community manager and we went through a phase with Keith promoting more communication with the community if you all aren't going to answer questions that the community has about various things?

My guess with this topic is that either someone forgot to check which replica rewards they were up to for Season 12, or they are holding back the old Furious reward replica's to be either offered later or don't want to release them for another reason.

Bioware/devs; why don't you just man up, explain your reasoning/line of thinking for this decision and we can all move on? No matter the reason, even if it was a screw up, the end result will be a lot more positive for the community as a whole rather than giving us all the silent treatment as usual...

Open communications both ways will go a long way to improve the attitude/feeling in the community, and further community engagement will have the flow on effect of further improving Swtor as a whole :)

It is a shame that ranked is toxic, however I think it is more to do with the type of people that play it and that they take it so seriously they seem to lack any basic human decency when dealing/communicating with others rather than the activity itself.

I am generalising though, as there are also some nice/decent people, but unfortunately the toxic folks spoil it for everyone else. Then these same players wonder why the queues don't pop as often as they would like - the irony lol :D

As for the devs - sure they can do nothing as usual and leave things to be forgotten by not answering community questions as that's their usual track record. But why not do the better thing and actually engage with the community devs? Why even have a community manager and we went through a phase with Keith promoting more communication with the community if you all aren't going to answer questions that the community has about various things?

My guess with this topic is that either someone forgot to check which replica rewards they were up to for Season 12, or they are holding back the old Furious reward replica's to be either offered later or don't want to release them for another reason.

Bioware/devs; why don't you just man up, explain your reasoning/line of thinking for this decision and we can all move on? No matter the reason, even if it was a screw up, the end result will be a lot more positive for the community as a whole rather than giving us all the silent treatment as usual...

Open communications both ways will go a long way to improve the attitude/feeling in the community, and further community engagement will have the flow on effect of further improving Swtor as a whole :)

I think they do not have a valid reason, or the reason that they have is not good enough. Either way, leaving the community unanswered is not a good move on their end and doesn't help them in the slightest.

• 3 weeks later...