View Single Post

Verain
06.27.2019 , 10:24 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Kokurou View Post
GSF's tutorial is garbage.
Yes.

Quote:
It barely teaches you anything.
It teaches you a lot- the issue is, there's a whole lot more that you need.

Quote:
That being said, you're locked to 1 ship. You can't choose a different type, you're stuck in one ship for the tutorial. There's no situation to experience, there's no "If this happens, do this action".
Every point correct.

Quote:
I had an argument early this morning (around 4-5am) on Imperial Fleet because I said, unlike GSF, at least PvE teaches you how to move around and somewhat prepares you for regular PvP.
This is correct. You can practice your pvp rotation on a dummy or a mob, pretending it is a player. You can practice anything in your head because you have total control over your character, cooldowns, etc. It's nowhere near as useful as actually practicing against people, but it's still really useful. GSF doesn't give you that.

Quote:
GSF has no PvE sequences at all, and there's no way to know what you're ACTUALLY supposed to do.
Agree.

Quote:
If GSF had a PvE thing, that'd be great, since then people can actually get into it and know how to do certain things in a variety of situations.
I think allowing more options in the tutorial would be a good help.

Anyway, I agree with your post completely. This is a solid contribution!

Here's my suggestion:

If you and three others form two groups, you can start a custom game, after agreeing ahead of time that it is for practice. You can set it to Lost Shipyards TDM, which has a bug in custom games only where the score goes to a thousand. You can then practice a whole bunch of stuff.

The downside here is that you need three other people to do these customs, but I doubt it would be too hard to find them. You can try cjoining /gsf chat channel in game, or join a GSF Discord.

Anyway, good luck!
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."