Tedious - advice?

Nothematic

Ugh...

I have a level 22 trooper and at first I loved the story. I was 4 levels above what I should have been but I soon realised that to stay on level I would have to do all the side missions, flashpoints etc. I cannot stand pvp on my trooper.

Now, the problem is EVERY side mission is the same. Go to location a, kill x of y, go to location b, kill z of y, kill boss, return.

I started a Jedi knight and honestly cannot face doing side missions again. I have done a load of pvp and am currently level 25 and the same level as my class quest. So, what I want to know is - is it possible to do class quests 1 or 2 levels below the recommended level? I don't want to spend my entire game time doing hut ball - it can be so damn frustrating.

Thank you.

Since you don't have your legacy unlocked yet (there are experience bonuses in there to level alts faster) you need to do just a bit more than Class/Planets quests to keep on the right level. I've been testing this from level 35-50 doing only the class quests and the main planet series and I can't quite keep on level. I think running a few PVP matches, space missions, or a couple FP/heroic would keep you on a level pace. If you do "everything" you'll over level quite quickly.

There are always space missions however I find those to be just as tedious. Honestly I think the best way is to mix everything up so you aren't doing the same thing for too long. Or better yet if you have not played the other faction yet give their zones a try, then go back to your other characters at a later date when it seems less stale. Frankly though if none of that helps then maybe this isn't the game for you, it is tedious in many ways and the game isn't afraid to demonstrate this with boring and repeated quest objectives.

Really? To all of this...

I'm hitting 33 shortly and I find I'm WAY ahead of the level, just doing planet quests and class quests. I usually end up skipping an entire area on each planet simply because I've outleveled the planet.

I don't really know how you are getting so far behind. :o

I got bored with the planet quests too, luckily I like PvP to make up the lost xp.

I'd say try the flashpoints and space missions. You might have to be more social with th FPs but they are similar to normal adventuring in how they play (at least compared to pvp).

I have been ahead all the way to 25 . I did a load of pvp but recently I've been getting fed up with it and I can't face doing the side missions.

I think I might take a break from the game and come back when I can be bothered.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I started a Jedi knight and honestly cannot face doing side missions again. I have done a load of pvp and am currently level 25 and the same level as my class quest. So, what I want to know is - is it possible to do class quests 1 or 2 levels below the recommended level? I don't want to spend my entire game time doing hut ball - it can be so damn frustrating.

Thank you.

Here's my suggestion - try it and find out!!

What may be boring you is the game itself, and honestly I'm not sure doing one type of quest over another is going to fix it. On the other hand, what may be boring you isn't that the side quests are "go kill X", but rather that it's too easy for you.

Try this instead. Stop doing the side quests. Just do class quests and planet chain quests until they get too hard for you. I'm usually about a level or two below my class & chain quests, & only do side quests when they're easy or fun.

Here's another idea. Do each chain in order. For example, when you get to a planet & your class quest is right on your level, do just your class quest for a level or two. Then, go back and do the planet quest for a while. It seems like you'd have to do more traveling, but I have yet to find that to be the case, since they often go to different places. And honestly, following one story for a while is more fun than following several different stories.