Tracer Missile spammers

SmokinBuda

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there soon being taking action to stop that overheat glitch?

It is totally unacceptable this are not being addressed.

If you dont have the expertise to fix such a gamebreaking bug atleast make it even so Republic can do something simular.

Grrrrr

What bug exactly are you referring to? First I've heard of it.

Mercenary´s can spam a highhitting ability even though their game mechanic (overheating)

should prevent it.

where on earth did you get that from ? if we overheat we can use either vent heat or a free shot. never shoot altough its overheated...

where on earth did you get that from ? if we overheat we can use either vent heat or a free shot. never shoot altough its overheated...

I guess he means that u can spam the missiles, wich u should not be able to do and have so high substained dmg in pvp.

Mercenary´s can spam a highhitting ability even though their game mechanic (overheating)

should prevent it.

You have no idea do you? The ability is the trademark for the Arsenal Mercenary. That whole tree is specced to make that skill stronger and less costly. So no, there is no game-breaking bug that BioWare missed. They purposely put it into the game for that class.

Now as to why they get such an OP attack which seems to kill you so easily? Here is why:

• DPS: VERY HIGH
  • Mobility: Zero
  • Survivability: Little to None

This game isn't going to be super-balanced on play types. Your best bet is to learn the play style of each class and THEN PvP. This class type is a glass cannon. They cannot move. They have to charge up the attack. And they really cannot survive many hits. If a melee character can get into range and stay there, then they will destroy the class. If another class stuns the skill for four seconds, they are done for.

Learn about a class before you start screaming bug, seriously.

Any Arsenal Mercenary that spams Tracer Missile is not playing the class right. Unload, Railshot, Heatseaker Missiles should all be the majority of your attacks with Tracer Missle thrown in to keep the buff up.

And there's also a spec in the talent tree that lowers the hear cost of Tracer Missle.

So when you see someone spamming Tracer Missile, just laugh at them because they aren't playing their class right.

P.S. - I'm in full Champions gear.

You have no idea do you? The ability is the trademark for the Arsenal Mercenary. That whole tree is specced to make that skill stronger and less costly. So no, there is no game-breaking bug that BioWare missed. They purposely put it into the game for that class.

Now as to why they get such an OP attack which seems to kill you so easily? Here is why:

This game isn't going to be super-balanced on play types. Your best bet is to learn the play style of each class and THEN PvP. This class type is a glass cannon. They cannot move. They have to charge up the attack. And they really cannot survive many hits. If a melee character can get into range and stay there, then they will destroy the class. If another class stuns the skill for four seconds, they are done for.

true, still the gameplay highly lacks complexity. i consider it a part of balance that every class is ROUGHLY as hard to play as others.

i dont mind loosing to an enemy who shows strong gameplay. he might just have been better than me. but i mind dying to one-button spamming kids who literally showed nothing that would justify a win over me. this is what bothers me.

Edited by theMornox

DPS - Very High

Mobility - Can run whilst casting their instant cast spells

Survivability - Heavy Armor/ Dmg reduction shield/ Heals/ CC

Edited by Avindra

Any Arsenal Mercenary that spams Tracer Missile is not playing the class right. Unload, Railshot, Heatseaker Missiles should all be the majority of your attacks with Tracer Missle thrown in to keep the buff up.

And there's also a spec in the talent tree that lowers the hear cost of Tracer Missle.

So when you see someone spamming Tracer Missile, just laugh at them because they aren't playing their class right.

P.S. - I'm in full Champions gear.

This is only partially true.

Right now the spec is designed to make charged bolts your filler when you have the debuff up at 5 stacks. It doesn't work that way currently and especially because tracer ignores tank shields but charged bolts (not sure what the merc equivelant of it is) doesn't.

So right now it would go something like

Tracer

Tracer

Unload if it's up or maybe heat seaker/rail shot if the target won't live to 3rd, otherwise continue below...

Tracer

Now you have your target fully debuffed. if you haven't used heatseeker/rail shot, this is where you would use it.

So once you have heatseeker and rail shot on cd....what do you do? You spam tracer until you get a full auto proc.

That's why spamming tracer is so beneficial. It does the majority of what you want. One big attack is simply ignored because it doesn't scale correctly.

So basically, once you've spent your all of 2 globals within 15 seconds to get your instants on cd....you're just spamming tracer and hope for some full auto procs to obliterate a sorc.

That's a lot of tracer spam. I've played the spec, there isn't "a lot" of stuff to do besides tracer. There's a few very brief moments where you do....but by far the majority is tracer spam.

DPS - Very High

Mobility - Can run whilst casting their instant cast spells

Survivability - Heavy Armor/ Dmg reduction shield/ Heals/ CC

You just fused the two class types.

To do Tracer, they cannot move. They have no dmg reduction shield (Powertech, not merc), heals are **** beyond compare, and they need those CC to keep melee range away.

Only one good insta-cast too. Rail Shot, but then again, only good if I do Tracer 5 times.

This is only partially true.

Right now the spec is designed to make charged bolts your filler when you have the debuff up at 5 stacks. It doesn't work that way currently and especially because tracer ignores tank shields but charged bolts (not sure what the merc equivelant of it is) doesn't.

So right now it would go something like

Tracer

Tracer

Unload if it's up or maybe heat seaker/rail shot if the target won't live to 3rd, otherwise continue below...

Tracer

Now you have your target fully debuffed. if you haven't used heatseeker/rail shot, this is where you would use it.

So once you have heatseeker and rail shot on cd....what do you do? You spam tracer until you get a full auto proc.

That's why spamming tracer is so beneficial. It does the majority of what you want. One big attack is simply ignored because it doesn't scale correctly.

So basically, once you've spent your all of 2 globals within 15 seconds to get your instants on cd....you're just spamming tracer and hope for some full auto procs to obliterate a sorc.

That's a lot of tracer spam. I've played the spec, there isn't "a lot" of stuff to do besides tracer. There's a few very brief moments where you do....but by far the majority is tracer spam.

While I do agree with this, I find it fairly rare that I'm spending that much time standing in place waiting for my 15 sec. cooldowns to come back up... Especially in Huttball when you're actually playing the objective...

If you dont have the expertise to fix such a gamebreaking bug atleast make it even so Republic can do something simular.

Grrrrr

Its not a bug as others have pointed out, and Commandos have the exact same thing called Grav round, and bad commandos spam it just as much.

/carryon

To do Tracer, they cannot move. They have no dmg reduction shield (Powertech, not merc), heals are **** beyond compare, and they need those CC to keep melee range away.

Only one good insta-cast too. Rail Shot, but then again, only good if I do Tracer 5 times.

Odd, I play a BH Merc and I have Heals/CC/ knockback (2 infact)/dmg reduction shield

No he didnt. Tracer missile isnt the only damage ability at a BH Mercs disposal. People make it sound like they do no DPS while moving, which is simply untrue.

On my BH Merc I can put out roughly the same DPS as other classes, while moving. When stationary it just skyrockets (pun intended).

They do have a damage reduction shield - all bounty hunters do. 25% every 2 mins. And the heals are far from worthless, with how easy heat is to manage I can run behind a wall and be fully healed in a few seconds with very little heat issues.

The class is well overpowered, the sooner it gets fixed the sooner we can see some decent class diversity in PvP again.

No he didnt. Tracer missile isnt the only damage ability at a BH Mercs disposal. People make it sound like they do no DPS while moving, which is simply untrue.

On my BH Merc I can put out roughly the same DPS as other classes, while moving. When stationary it just skyrockets (pun intended).

They do have a damage reduction shield - all bounty hunters do. 25% every 2 mins. And the heals are far from worthless, with how easy heat is to manage I can run behind a wall and be fully healed in a few seconds with very little heat issues.

The class is well overpowered, the sooner it gets fixed the sooner we can see some decent class diversity in PvP again.

The part you're forgetting is that if you used ammo on your mobile damage (which is pretty crappy) you now have no ammo for your turret nuking since your mobile damage is awful in ammo efficiency.

ANY class HAS mobile damage. But when people say "has no mobility" or "has no mobile damage" they usually mean they have it....but it's so awful/inefficient way of doing anything that it's not worth mentioning.

should prevent it.

There is a talent that disperses heat by using either power shot or tracer missile. Regardless those who spam tracer missile are bads, who don't know how to play the BH class and giglve the rest of us a bad name. You would be surprised at the dps increase of using a different ability then just spamming TM.

Tracer missile spam + alacrity mods & talent & trinklet for ~1 second cast is crazy, but I like unload and railshot so I don't sit there spamming it endlessly like many do. I ran across a merc that was only using that one ability in the entire round (had him targeted and can see the "tracer missile" cast bar above his name) and quite sadly he was second in damage dealt at the end of the match.

IMO tracer should be much higher in the talent tree, I'd be laughing if assassin's voltaic strike was lower in the tree.