I thought the Operative/Scoundrel stuff was BS..

Jnaathra

until tonight..

I just watched one that ripped through everyone.. Me at lvl 42 in heavy armor.. A couple lvl 50 tanks.. some 40+ healers.. At some point during the match I just stopped fighting and walked around watching them. If there was any chance of dying they would vanish (talented 1 min cd). Every opener from them was a 4.5k hit followed by a pile of numbers that I could barely make out..

4.5-5.5k opener

Just a constant stream of numbers.

I am shell shocked.. I just see no way to handle them at all.

Match Results

Edited by Jnaathra

Its really not hard to get those numbers in decent gear and stacking cds/buffs. Only have 406 expertise and I've obliterated people with chain 3-4k crits (surge/crit trinket + overcharged saber + recklessness > backstab > 3s spell immunity > shock > discharge > assassinate). The burst can be higher if I already had a 5 stack of surging charge up.

look at all those BH... I wonder why there are so many.

When you see a BH pull those kinda numbers there is a big difference. The majority of that damage is coming from AOE. Damage that is moderate and spread over multiple targets. Damage that can be healed or survived.

The damage you see from the operative is massive single target spike damage. Damage that literally explodes a target in a few seconds.

Then the skill difference between the two teams was clearly enough to make any class look OP.

That kinda talk no longer flies with me and people in the game are all starting to see it first hand. They aren't even really ******-ing about it per say (in our general and pvp chat) they are more or less laughing about it.. How it is obvious and will be changed.

Edited by Jnaathra

When you see a BH pull those kinda numbers there is a big difference. The majority of that damage is coming from AOE. Damage that is moderate and spread over multiple targets. Damage that can be healed of or survived.

The damage you see from the operative is massive single target spike damage. Damage that literally explodes a target in a few seconds.

That kinda talk no longer flies with me and people in the game are all starting to see it first hand. They aren't even really ******-ing about it per say (in our general and pvp chat) they are more or less laughing about it.. How it is obvious and will be changed.

You're right. It probably will get changed. It'll probably get overkilled and they'll be worthless.

Honestly I would have been more upset at you for "afking" like you did while contributing nothing.

You're right. It probably will get changed. It'll probably get overkilled and they'll be worthless.

Honestly I would have been more upset at you for "afking" like you did while contributing nothing.

Well since the game lacks any form of combat log (to cover things like this up).. There is little way to get any form of numbers outside visually doing so.

Well since the game lacks any form of combat log (to cover things like this up).. There is little way to get any form of numbers outside visually doing so.

You never answered me about the guy below him. It was ok for him to almost match (~15k) the agents damage, but get 10 more kills?

The agent is op, but he wasn't?

You never answered me about the guy below him. It was ok for him to almost match (~15k) the agents damage, but get 10 more kills?

The agent is op, but he wasn't?

I think everything should be looked at. I could sit here and make a pretty huge laundry list about issues.. I think anyone with half a brain could.

The Inquis (Sorc) racked up most of his damage by doing exactly what most BH players do.. By sitting back and AOEing a large group of clueless idiots. So that explains why he ended up with more kills. You get credit for anything you "assist" in killing.

The Operative on the other hand put out 100% of their damage on a target by target basis. Which demonstrates impressive, scary and down right bewildering burst potential.

Edited by Jnaathra

Every class is pretty dumb if geared, built and played properly. Operatives/Scoundrels are far from OP if you consider what some other classes can do; such as a Guardian doing nearly 30k total damage with one ability. (http://guard-this.com/images/nyan/30k.jpg) while being in tank stance, guarding a teammate, etc.

I've seen Shadows, Sages, and even Vanguards do ~600k damage at the end of a WZ. It's not just a few classes, it's practically all of them.

Nerf all the classes!!!! :D

50 vs rest pvp just destroys this game for me, personally. Brackets work in every other game out there, but in swtor we have to wait weeks, maybe months for more 50s to show up until they get implemented, ruining pvp for everyone who isn't running to 50. Its way too late now anyway, so this is just bitter whining, but its good to vent sometimes.

I am on OP's server, too, and while i dont do that much pvp anymore, that dude isnt really pulling those numbers in every match. He never died, so maybe the other operative was his pocket healer, who knows. But they lost anyway, so who cares, really? Can't be that hard to push your stats when you ignore the ball alltogether.

I think everything should be looked at. I could sit here and make a pretty huge laundry list about issues.. I think anyone with half a brain could.

The Inquis (Sorc) racked up most of his damage by doing exactly what most BH players do.. By sitting back and AOEing a large group of clueless idiots. So that explains why he ended up with more kills. You get credit for anything you "assist" in killing.

The Operative on the other hand put out 100% of their damage on a target by target basis. Which demonstrates impressive, scary and down right bewildering burst potential.

Right. There are a lot of issues. There is very little to look at to come up with hard numbers... like you said.

Is the operative op? I don't know. Do I think we should be making forum posts calling for a nerf? If we have evidence it should be brought to light.

We do not and we shouldn't be making claims one way or another until we do.

Honestly? I bet that player (and/or his friends) could/would dominate in similar fashion with ANY class.

Its funny cause I see a lot of calls for nurfing sorcs/sages and bounty hunters. I've seen those classes top 300k. But I'm here to tell you, none are as bad as Agents. Agents are outright downing people and theres nothing you can do about it. If you get the jump on them, they just drop combat any time they want. Its garbage.

50 vs rest pvp just destroys this game for me, personally. Brackets work in every other game out there, but in swtor we have to wait weeks, maybe months for more 50s to show up until they get implemented, ruining pvp for everyone who isn't running to 50. Its way too late now anyway, so this is just bitter whining, but its good to vent sometimes.

I am on OP's server, too, and while i dont do that much pvp anymore, that dude isnt really pulling those numbers in every match. He never died, so maybe the other operative was his pocket healer, who knows. But they lost anyway, so who cares, really? Can't be that hard to push your stats when you ignore the ball alltogether.

I was against this at first, I just didn't understand how huge of an impact gear and expertise would make. Now I see that I was wrong.. I don't think there should be as many brackets as people suggest since the expertise issue only seems to show its ugly face at level 50.

Two brackets would be more than enough to alleviate these growing pains.

lol why jump to saying he's OP, maybe he's just a really good player...this is called ecological fallacy and is a form of discrimination/stereotyping. you discriminating scum!

Yeah he is a "really good player" right. HAHAHA. Yeah the skilled way he presses the buttons on his keyboard make him do such damage. If only the rest of us were as good, then we too would be able to do such damage. Doesn't matter what class you play, it's all how good you are at pressing the buttons. lol

Scoundrels need a hot fix. They are beyond broken.

Had one Scoundrel take my Juggernaut out in a few seconds while i was in tank stance. I probably had about 50% damage reduction counting expertise and i was dead seconds after i used my break free.

Its funny cause I see a lot of calls for nurfing sorcs/sages and bounty hunters. I've seen those classes top 300k. But I'm here to tell you, none are as bad as Agents. Agents are outright downing people and theres nothing you can do about it. If you get the jump on them, they just drop combat any time they want. Its garbage.

I have yet to have an agent live to tell the tale about trying to knife me in the back. Perhaps It's because I'm commando trooper, but I have no problem downing agents. It's the multiple inquisitors my group always have trouble with.

Concussive force, sticky nade, grav round, (attempts to get behind me) turn 90 degrees, stock strike back. Hammer shot, hammer shot, Hammer shot, Grav Round (Automatically makes you turn around to face target), Concussive force, Grav Round, cryo grenade to finish with a stock strike (or some hammer shots) to the face so they can't run away.

If they are able, stealth probes and mortar volley the corner they are hiding in. Sometimes I can just guess which corner they like to hide in and mortar volley it. Hilarious. of course some movement is involved in doing this.

Edited by Andrew_Waltfeld

Yeah he is a "really good player" right. HAHAHA. Yeah the skilled way he presses the buttons on his keyboard make him do such damage. If only the rest of us were as good, then we too would be able to do such damage. Doesn't matter what class you play, it's all how good you are at pressing the buttons. lol

Scoundrels need a hot fix. They are beyond broken.

Had one Scoundrel take my Juggernaut out in a few seconds while i was in tank stance. I probably had about 50% damage reduction counting expertise and i was dead seconds after i used my break free.

Same. Exact. Thing.

Although they need a nerf, us Juggs could use a buff.

I can get past the massive damage even though I don't like being on the receiving end of it. What I don't like is the knockdown that smugs get that takes you 3s to get back up allowing them to unload on you. Take away most of the nonsense cc's and I think a lot of this would be sorted.