Joomla and SWTOR

MasterApollo

So I thought I'd get a thread together for folks to share some of their designs and modules for swtor that are specific for Joomla.

My own personal preference ended up being Joomla 1.5 as it was the more mature product (in relation to how quickly they went with a turnaround on 1.6/1.7) yet each to their own I guess.

Anyway! If you have some good links to things you've used on your joomla sites, then post the links below and I'll compile them in this first post for others. Or perhaps you've been extra creative and made your own and you want to show folks what you've made. Either way, post your links below! Also posted some of my favourites to get things started!

Design

• Artisteer ~ purchasable design software that allows you to do wonders with joomla (and other) CMS. Perfect for beginners who want a decent looking website without any web coding experience.

Components (Joomla 1.5 only)

• Artof User - a nice and simple to use custom user access component that allows you to create pretty much unlimited user access levels on your site. Ideal for a guild with the need to have multiple ranks!

Components (all versions)

• Community Builder - quite possibly the most flexible piece of software around for Joomla for social guilds, provided you have the patience to read up on how to use it (there's loads of youtube tutorials out there too!) The free version doesn't really come with any support and is missing the odd piece like facebook account linking, yet as an overall it's very nice and allows for a lot of community based features!

• Kunena - There's loads of free forum software out there, yet few integrate seamlessly with Joomla quite like Kunena does. Along with the massive number of plugins and modules available for the software, it's also compatible with things like Artof User, so you can be sure that your access levels are universal across the whole website.

Modules (Joomla 1.5 only)

Modules (all versions)

• JBGMusic - discrete music player for your site which streams any music you set it to. Loads from the point where the music stopped when you load onto a new page, so your members never miss an epic track!

• Lof ArticlesSlideShow - ever wondered how those sites get that cool news scroller on their homepage? It's probably this or similar! Very easy to setup and customise to your preferences.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Nice one!

Before I let my info free @ you guys, plz. understand that i'm not a programmer.

I work in the IT business through which I leared to read/adjust come codes.

I do not make these things, I adjusted some stuff for my own needs (with approval).

And now, I want to share this stuff :)

To start, it's all based on Joomla! 1.7

(I haven't tested it on 2.5 as I don't plan to upgrade any time soon)

First:

A (Raid) Planner based on a WoW raidplanner - named Taracque's Raidplanner

• I've adjusted the images used for the dungeons in WoW.
  • I've adjusted the choses for dungeons into Heroics, Flashpoints and operations.
  • I've adjusted the races and classes from WoW into SWTOR.

LOOKING FOR:

Correct pictures for the roles in SWTOR.

Still using the WoW pictures for tank/healer/dps.

Remark:

Although the language in the planner could be dutch, originally it was english.

The .zip is english!

Download link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xfze2w

Second:

SWTOR recruitment module - based on this module

I got this version from the admin @ http://portal.unnamed-guild.de

Difference is, it has both Republic and Empire in it.

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/chg8at5t4tt3fua/mod_swtorrecruitment.zip

You wanna see examples?

Check out our Guild site : http://mmo.vdplasse.nl

I have been running Joomla 1.5 for about 2 years now. Link below. The big thing stopping me from upgrading is my search mod. The developer stoped supporting it about a year ago. Love Joomla and I have not seen a mod that I "must have" that is not supported on 1.5. (yet)

My friends want me to add a Google AdSense Mod. I'm worried I can't call my site a fan site anymore if I do.

• 2 weeks later...
Currently working on our new Joomla site - I initially thought that the RaidPlanner would work great, but it had some issues (we are a multi-gaming guild). So I'm looking elsewhere. I will be going with 2.5, as generally the more recent stuff is more secure. I'm just making sure I select the minimum necessary mods, and that they are currently actively supported - or that I can pull needed information from them.

Hey, sorry to necro this thread, but I figured it was the best place to post this.

First off, my guild uses Joomla 1.7 as our CMS, and I've been looking for a recruitment module that fits our needs. So thanks a lot TheZeph, yours works perfectly.

The other big thing I'd like to add is a Operation progression tracker. I'd really like to find one that shows the Operations and each boss below the Operation name. And also some way to differentiate between Normal, Hard, or Nightmare.

I've been trying to find something, but I haven't really found anything that wasn't developed by a guild hosting site. If I can't find anything I may just add a text module and do something like this:

Eternity Vault

Droid [N] [H] [NM]

Gharj [N] [H] [NM]

Pylons [N] [H] [NM]

Council [N] [H] [NM]

Soa [N] [H] [NM]

Thanks for any help or advice you guys might have! And if you want to check out our site and offer and feedback that would be appreciate as well.

Edited by AichaHalcyon

Hey guys,

Been some time, but here I am again.

Been busy on, yes... a (raid/Ops) planner for SWTOR.

What I did, was take a WoW progression (module) and converted this one into a SWTOR.

I inserted EV en JP and made 2 types of raids, 8 and 16 man.

I didn't insert a Normal, HM or Nightmare mode... as I didn't know how to do this :o

My site has been posted above so take a look and just go to the progression page.

You'll see normal and HM (my guild is a social one... so no Nightmare's for some time ;) ) in the titles,

this is just the title, it's got nothing to do with the module.

I will post this module ASAP, but just had to fine-tune it :rolleyes:

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.sendspace.com/file/paaaez

For some reason the .xml isn't comming with the installation (known bug).

Place the .xml in the module installation map (ex. http://www.sitename.com/modules/mod_wowboss) and alll is well.

P..s if you don't have access to the map, install eXtplorer so you've got access to your site like a windows explorer :cool:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/file-management/2630?qh=YToxOntpOjA7czo5OiJleHRwbG9yZXIiO30%3D

DOWNLOAD LINK .XML

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yqsrlx

Edited by TheZeph

Yes, those site make it for their own... and thus not share it :p

I've just posted a link to the .zip

Have fun!

Hey thanks for that :)

EDIT: Nvm all that ;) got it all working with some fiddling :D

Edited by xGBHxPegasus

Hey, with some tweaking, I managed to make some adjustments. My version is an adapted version of Tolrem.NET's "WoW Boss" module.

-Karagga's Palace and Eternity Vault options for 8 and 16 man

-A couple different display options

-Icons to represent ALL modes

Just to be clear, I do not take credit for creating this. Like I said, I just took what the WoW Boss module had and edited it to my needs. I also didn't use anything from TheZeph's module. I tried to get it to work earlier today and I just didn't have any luck, so I downloaded the original and this is what I came up.

You can check out our guild site if you want to take a look. There are 2 different displays, one on the main page and the other at the bottom of our forums. http://www.omegacompany.netii.net/

New version for 1.2, with the new Operation: Denova (Explosive Conflict)

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?al3ksk3zlfack86

Cheers!

Edited by AichaHalcyon

cool, thx aicha.

Ive tried both progession modules. the one from the zeph did some wierd things with the bossnames, and i wasnt in the mood to go fiddle around with it. Sorry Zeph :(

Aicha's module is based on the same package but working superb!

u should post it at the joomla extensions website mate. Good job!

EDIT:

Found out why Zeph's isnt working as intended. Zeph's module is based on 1.5, while i am using V2.

Aicha's is based on 1.7 wich works fine on V2.

Edited by syncronius

Hi,

I just downloaded the mod_swtorrecruitment.zip and installed it, but I don't know how to show it on my page :)

I must admit that I'm a beginner in Joomla.

I use version 2.5.2

TIA,

Varden

Hey Varden, once you install the recruitment module through the Extension Manager, all you should have to do is go to the Module Manager (located in the same drop-down menu as the Extension Manager) and find the SWTOR Recruitment Module. Click on it to configure it.

In the configuration, you must set the following settings:

Position: right or left are usually good places depending on your layout

Access: Public (So visitors can see it without registering)

Menu Assignment: You have to select the page(s) you want the module to show up on

You can tinker with the rest to get it to show up how you want. Hope that helps!

Yes, it's english and I would like to translate it to german.

I can work on getting you a German Version. It's been a while since I have taken German (Wie geht's?), so I'll send you a PM to make sure I have all the stuff translated correctly.

Edited by AichaHalcyon