ROTS Anakin vs ROTS Mace Windu

Gantoris_Aym

This is actually a great match up.

The only logic I have is that Mace Windu is the best duelist outside of Yoda, and even created the Vaapad form that usually causes people to fall to the dark side. He is better than Obi Wan in a saber-fight. In every regard. And Anakin lost to Obi-Wan. Because of that I give the edge to Windu in this case. And I believe he was the Grand Master of the Order until giving it to Master Yoda.

/Windu

Edited for accuracy. Windu was the leader of the High Council as Master of the Order, while Yoda was still the Grand Master. He gave this title to Yoda. My apologies.

Also the Vaapad form does leave the user open to Force attacks. But Anakin is far to arrogant and inexperienced in effective use of the Force at the time to take advantage of this. And given the rarity of master Vaapad users, going toe to toe with one in saber combat was surprising and chaotic for those on the receiving end.

Edited by SiLiZ

While I agree that in a saber-fight Master Windu would overwhelm Sidious, when it came down to using the Force, which it would, Sidious wins every time. And it is a well known canonical fact that Sidious acted as if he was losing to Windu to encourage Anakin's fall to the Sith.

Of course, Mace.

"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

I been sayin' that **** for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ***. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a mother****er before you popped a cap in his ***. But I saw some **** this mornin' made me think twice.

Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. purple lightsaber here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the valley of darkness.

Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that.

But that **** ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin, Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd. "

And then Mace cuts whiney little Anny in half, because little baby boy never heard anything so beautiful or so terrifying.

Edited by galadimana

Anakin, he pretty much was a jedi master in skill by ROTS and seeing as Mace isn't THE master of Form 3 he wouldn't be able to defend for long against Anakin's wailing with his form. Sure Mace uses Vapaad but Anakin's anger would probably push Mace over the edge and cause him to turn to the darkside as well seeing as he was boarder lining it with Palpatine. Plus Anakin defeated Dooku, who couldn't be defeated by Mace unless one of them got the drop one eachother. And yes I know Palpatine didn't beat Mace...but were talking about Anakin here, who was a master with his lightsaber form Palpatine was more in tune with force powers then lightsaber combat(though he was skillful in that regard too.) Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Mace Windu was the greatest duelest in the jedi order and a master of all seven forms. As powerful as ainnie was at the time i dont think the young, emotionaly confused jedi could withstand the full fury of the master of Vapaad.

I think the larger risk would be of an (rightfully) angry Mace giving himself over to the dark side in order to win.

Mace Windu, hands down. To be honest, I was rather disappointed with how easily he was killed off in the film. He has far more experience and knowledge of the Force than Anakin and even Obi-Wan at that point, 1 on 1 he would have overpowered Anakin quickly. He was such an accomplished and skilled Jedi, I think that's part of what makes his death so sad and unfortunate. Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

While I agree that in a saber-fight Master Windu would overwhelm Sidious, when it came down to using the Force, which it would, Sidious wins every time. And it is a well known canonical fact that Sidious acted as if he was losing to Windu to encourage Anakin's fall to the Sith.

He lost fair & square, deal with it.

boy looks to windu.... windu tells him "hand me my lightsaber boy".... the boy looks confused....and askes "which one master jedi" windu looks at him with a serious face and replies "the one that says...."BAD MOTHERF***KER".... the end lol

Yep. No question.

Windu went out like a punk. Since it was contractually stated that this was not to happen, I maintain that Mace Windu survived his fall.

At this point he joined the Tusken Raiders, subtly guiding Luke and Obi-Wan into meeting each other, while running ****** mother****er interference on stormtroopers long enough for the Millennium Falcon to escape the planet.

He later got the only other black man in the whole universe, Lando Calrissian, a job in Jabba's Palace. Thus explaining how Jabba did not notice that one of his guards was clearly Billy Dee Williams.

This is a fair fight, no Palpatine to distract Mace Windu. Who would win this rematch?

are you serious? mace would have destroyed anikian at this peroid in time! Mace was 100x's better then obiwan was and obiwan and anikian were pretty much even steven. Mace Windu could probably have defeated or given sidious a better fight then yoda did(mind you fight between he and sidious wasnt accurate as he did all of that to lure anikian to the dark side) he was a MUCH better swordsman, could use shatter points, and still had amazing command of the force.

Now mace vs Vader during his height? now would have been much closer fight but during revenge anikian still had almost no real command of the darkside and while a great swordsman and duelist he still paled next to the other masters.

are you serious? mace would have destroyed anikian at this peroid in time! Mace was 100x's better then obiwan was and obiwan and anikian were pretty much even steven. Mace Windu could probably have defeated or given sidious a better fight then yoda did(mind you fight between he and sidious wasnt accurate as he did all of that to lure anikian to the dark side) he was a MUCH better swordsman, could use shatter points, and still had amazing command of the force.

Now mace vs Vader during his height? now would have been much closer fight but during revenge anikian still had almost no real command of the darkside and while a great swordsman and duelist he still paled next to the other masters.

So you're saying it's not fair? I wasn't referring to who would win or lose, but rather the fact that there are no variables to take into account outside of their pure talent...

In a straight up lightsaber duel, I am inclined to pick Mace over Anakin. Its cannon that Mace out right beats Sidious in their duel despite Sidious being a master swords man (in terms of force power Sidious far out matches Windu but that's another matter, I'm just focusing on their saber duel).

If it were down to Anakin and Windu in a duel without force abilities. I don't think Anakin would stand a chance. He was a very talented swordsman, but no where near as skilled an Sidious who lost to Windu. But if you include force abilities I think the playing field is evened out a bit as I believe Mace was an expert duelist but not as strong with the force (if I remember right). Whereas I believe Anakin had a better balance of swordsmanship and force abilities.

In either case I think the real winners are the fans. Personally this is the match up I'd really like to see.

By this logic, Anakin should have died during the temple raid.

• 1 month later...
So you're saying it's not fair? I wasn't referring to who would win or lose, but rather the fact that there are no variables to take into account outside of their pure talent...

Dude, none of the fanboys on these here forums take any variables into account other than "It's canon, your opinion doesn't matter because I do not understand the concept of free will and I'm a total complete blind tool fanboy."

For every matchup, there's countless variables to take into account. None seem to understand that. It's like watching a football match with Man U vs another team that is statistically crappier. Can they win ? Absolutely. It all depends on so many things. Same goes for these "vader vs X" threads you keep seein'.

Anakin.

Dooku would constantly out spar Mace Windu.

Anakin overpowered Dooku when Dooku was much more powerful and semi attuned to the darkside.

Although

The emotionally confused Anakin that faces Obi Wan, I doubt would be able to last more then a few moments against Mace Windu.

Anakin.

Dooku would constantly out spar Mace Windu.

Anakin overpowered Dooku when Dooku was much more powerful and semi attuned to the darkside.

Although

The emotionally confused Anakin that faces Obi Wan, I doubt would be able to last more then a few moments against Mace Windu.

When? they were equals in combat, and the RotS novel makes it clear he(Dooku) could have dispensed with Anakin multiple times in their duel.

Edited by Rayla_Felana