Lana Beniko-A mysterious Sith

Slowpokeking

She doesn't have a Darth or Lord title but stayed close to a Dark Council member. The way she act and speaks don't even like a SIth. Like the letter she wrote to the player later, way too soft. Is that a disguise or her true behavior? Her character is more interesting than the mystery she tried to uncover.

She doesn't have a Darth or Lord title but stayed close to a Dark Council member. The way she act and speaks don't even like a SIth. Like the letter she wrote to the player later, way too soft. Is that a disguise or her true behavior? Her character is more interesting than the mystery she tried to uncover.

She's not the only Sith in the game whose behaviour screams "restrain". Either way, except for her hair which looks terrible, I liked her overall appearance and her demeanor.

• 4 weeks later...
Her hair looks possessed. That aside, she doesn't seem like a Sith at all...

I get the impression she's cut from the same cloth as Zash. Doesn't seem very Sith on the surface, but under the right circumstances...watch out.

I get the impression she's cut from the same cloth as Zash. Doesn't seem very Sith on the surface, but under the right circumstances...watch out.

I believe the contrary, she looks like a Darth (especially in her artwrok), but I have the feeling she is a "good" person in the fact that she cares for the truth and the Empire (see ending the the new flashpoints storyline) and doesn't seem an an arrogant sadist.

With all due respect, I disagree. Zash seems nice to many, but from the moment I first met her, I felt that it was more of the fake kind of "nice". Wasn't wrong, was I? In comparison, Lana doesn't seem to be as much of a rap_ist.

Edited by Darkelefantos

With all due respect, I disagree. Zash seems nice to many, but from the moment I first met her, I felt that it was more of the fake kind of "nice". Wasn't wrong, was I? In comparison, Lana doesn't seem to be as much of a rap_ist.

actually i'd almost bet money on you being wrong but i don't believe in bettin. suffice it to say i am almost positive you're wrong.

actually i'd almost bet money on you being wrong but i don't believe in bettin. suffice it to say i am almost positive you're wrong.

Wrong in what? Saying that Zash's "nice" is "fake"? Possibly, but understand that I changed the original word I had in mind because it got censored :p

Well the lead writers now are Republic-leaning so it may be more natural to their writing styles to make the Sith less 'Sith-like', more tongue in cheek, or more subtle self-mocking irony.

I do think Lana Beniko has good voice-acting but the character model looks weird though: the hair is modeled to look like it would in windy conditions except there's no wind. The facial contours and eyelids have these weird indentations and clipping. Her eyes don't have the eyelights (the small light reflections on the cornea) that all other toons have (example):

http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/37506/pics/original/1192619.jpg

Edited by Projawa

Wrong in what? Saying that Zash's "nice" is "fake"? Possibly, but understand that I changed the original word I had in mind because it got censored :p

not sure how that would make you any more right.

and by that i don't mean you're wrong just that i wouldn't agree with your interpretation any more than i do now.

Edited by magicallypuzzled

not sure how that would make you any more right.

and by that i don't mean you're wrong just that i wouldn't agree with your interpretation any more than i do now.

Well, I might have worded that weirdly. What I was trying to say was - Zash always gave me the feeling she was planning something that would be harmful to my character in some way. You know, to me, her "nice" was simply overdoing it. At all points. "My marvelous apprentice" my a**, she's a Sith Lord for god's sake, she fries Ffon without even thinking twice. That's why I never "trusted" her, if you can trust a character in an RPG anyway.

Also, I found her failed attempt at taking over my character's body to be inconvenient, and was even more inconvenienced by having her stuck in Khem, so yeah, I'm not exactly her biggest fan.

I am hoping that she _doesn't_ turn out to be the Secret Evil Villain All Along. The official lore needs more moderate Sith who nevertheless care about the Empire. RP servers can get into some pretty nasty debates about what a "real Sith" is, and Lana could provide a different datapoint.

Well, I might have worded that weirdly. What I was trying to say was - Zash always gave me the feeling she was planning something that would be harmful to my character in some way. You know, to me, her "nice" was simply overdoing it. At all points. "My marvelous apprentice" my a**, she's a Sith Lord for god's sake, she fries Ffon without even thinking twice. That's why I never "trusted" her, if you can trust a character in an RPG anyway.

Also, I found her failed attempt at taking over my character's body to be inconvenient, and was even more inconvenienced by having her stuck in Khem, so yeah, I'm not exactly her biggest fan.

Yeah, she acted a bit "too hard" so you know there is something wrong with her.

• 1 month later...
I don't think it's Revan because Revan dies at the end of Foundry. As much as I don't want to think of Lana being the mysterious evil she mentions I can't help but think she is. Which will make my Sorc very sad as she had her eyes set on fading to black with Lana

• 1 month later...

It's highly likely that Revan is still alive. There was no corpse, he still had health when he disappeared and if you played Kotor one, you know just how hard he is to kill. I don't think the emperor is dead, either. That was WAY too easy for a guy who can hop from body to body and suck the life out of planets. Both will likely be back.

As for Lana, while sith were once fairly interchangeable,, they now are more complex, which I applaud. They can be pretty much anywhere on the light to dark scale. I suspect she's on the grey to light side of things. As was noted earlier, her behavior was reminiscent of Darth Imperius or a LS warrior.

Edited by errant_knight

• 1 month later...

I'm glad to see a somewhat complex character introduced to the series. On a scale of Palpatine (as shown in the movies, not EU) to Kreia, graded from cartoon villain to complex ambiguous character, Lana lies closer to Kreia in the sense that we don't know whether there's more to her demeanour.

As an aside, who voiced her? She's got quite a sultry voice.

I'm glad to see a somewhat complex character introduced to the series. On a scale of Palpatine (as shown in the movies, not EU) to Kreia, graded from cartoon villain to complex ambiguous character, Lana lies closer to Kreia in the sense that we don't know whether there's more to her demeanour.

As an aside, who voiced her? She's got quite a sultry voice.

I'd like to know that myself.

She voices female characters ever since the original release. At least half(!!!) the female characters on planets such as Dromund Kaas or Imperial Balmorra are voiced by her.

I agree. It was very easy to look past Zash's disguise, but Lana doesn't act the same way at all. She seems more genuine. I still can't really get myself to like her, though, because the model of the characters face looks.. weird. Like it's very low quality compared to the rest of the game or something.

Lana seems a bit more in line of Darth Imperius or a LS SW.

As for her hair, I think it's how it's rendered that makes it look a bit funny.

She does remind me a lot of my female sith warrior in that she's relatively nice and reasonable but is perfectly willing to cut someone into tiny pieces if thats what is needed. In my case my sith was never really hiding anything which in many cases made her goals much easier to accomplish. Basically I'm getting more of that vibe from Lana as opposed to what I felt from Zash.