Question of the Day 4/30/2013

CourtneyWoods

Both. I enjoy doing group content with groups. Meaning, heroics, flashpoints, operations, warzones. It's fun to group up and do dailies as well, it helps everything go a little faster. But when it comes to story content, I usually prefer to do it solo. I tend to not like to have other people watching the decisions I make, and certainly not mess with the decisions I want to make. The FP/Daily stuff doesn't matter in that regard because it's all repeatable.

I pretty much always play in a group. I mainly play with my boyfriend and/or with co-workers like Musco.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if thousands of male player voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

I would say "both" as well. But, when grouping, I much prefer playing with friends or with "regulars," meaning in-game friends with whom I have familiarity. I actually have some characters that are devoted to team play only, and others who are more the "loner" sort that run similar to the way chuixupu mentioned above.

If I am running repeated content, I definitely prefer to go as a team.

Edited by -Wes-

Solo mostly, but I do enjoy the occasional group content (mostly heroics and flashpoints). I dont play operations or ranked warzones because I like to make my own schedule when it comes to gaming. If I have other plans, I dont want to feel obligated to play. And if I'm not feeling like playing SWTOR, I dont want to feel like I "have" to just because others are depending on me. Edited by Tommot

I play alone 50% of the time. I raid and do ops, FP's, etc with my guild the other 50%. I can't stand puging anything because it is usually rude, egotistical or utterly incompetent people.

PS: I would like an update to further the relationships with my companions. What exactly was the point in getting married if you don't do anything? No home to live in together, nothing. No furthering of anything with companions once they are maxed. We need more. Maybe something like the Binocular or Seeker droid quests, but for each companion.

Edited by DarthVengeant

After trying the group thing, I have decided that I much prefer solo play for PVE and solo queue for PVP.

All that I want to do is play the game, and to do so at my own pace without having to worry about all of the junk that happens in groups when people don't get along.

At least in PVP I can contribute to the group without all of the name calling, ninja looting, space bar pressing, and need vs. greed drama that is ever present in group PVE.

Of course that means that I miss out on a lot of what the game has to offer like HK-51, top notch gear, and epic boss fights, but I am willing to give those things up in order to avoid the negative aspects of group play.

i have waited 1+ hours in orbital stations trying to find someone to start a planet with. i dont like going solo. when you finally find someone and clear the whole planet in a few hours, its awesome, and you make a good friends that way.

I prefer groups. Ops are awesome. Fps are fun, especially if it's an easy-going pug group or a group of friends. Leveling with friends who put up with my astounding abilities to get lost and fall off things is really enjoyable. Pvp is much more fun if you're running with a group of friends. That said, if no one's around I'll roll solo and take my time with the content, enjoy the scenery and cut scenes and take entirely too many screenshots :)

Solo warrior who will multiplay. I get invited to guilds here and there but never really play with them. Unless they are real life friends or acquaintances; I tend to think it is kind of pointless to even bother.

At the same time, I am not actually anti-social in MMOs. I jump into general chat, run flashpoints and operations from time to time.

When my fiance plays I co-op with her but she has been busy this year with RL.

After trying the group thing, I have decided that I much prefer solo play for PVE and solo queue for PVP.

All that I want to do is play the game, and to do so at my own pace without having to worry about all of the junk that happens in groups when people don't get along.

At least in PVP I can contribute to the group without all of the name calling, ninja looting, space bar pressing, and need vs. greed drama that is ever present in group PVE.

Of course that means that I miss out on a lot of what the game has to offer like HK-51, top notch gear, and epic boss fights, but I am willing to give those things up in order to avoid the negative aspects of group play.

Dude I have no problem helping someone run Hk, have done it multiple times. I like story and spectating is a good way to see it more than once. You just have to run into more players with my frame of mind. I know it is hard though.

Mostly solo. Leveling, team missions are a pain and ruin my pace. At 50+, I've come to enjoy Hard Mode Flashpoints to a degree, though since I prefer to play DPS, I still spend longer soloing on average, waiting for the group finder to pop up.

Solo when leveling and doing dailies, mostly. People just... they get in the way. Weirdly, I love doing Operations.

This is pretty much my approach as well, I did level 1 character with someone, and it took longer, and was more of a pain in the rear end to co-ordinate with him when we would get together to level. I would however be very interested in leveling from Fleet-55 in a 4 man group at least 1 time.

Mostly play solo, with short lived teams for heroics (via LFG) and flashpoints (groupfinder). Levelled my Sentinel together with my girlfriend. Handy for heroics, and the fun of playing together, but solo is mostly quicker. And I guess Warzones count as grouping too, right?

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if thousands of male player voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Awww, come on, it's not THAT weird. I'd play SWTOR with my boyfriend, only he's defective and doesn't actually like gaming. It's kinda weird actually, but I'm afraid that if I take him apart to find the problem, I won't be able to put him back together again quite right. Like a broken toaster, only messier.

And to answer the question... I used to almost exclusively solo, to the point that I would just wait till 4m Heroics were grey and then go and do them (The first time round anyway). In the past I've found that more often than not, other people tend to detract from my enjoyment of the game. However, after playing all the class stories through at least once, the same content all on your own gets pretty old.

I've since found a couple of RL friends to play with and made a couple of groups that we level together, and am having a real blast again while doing that, especially when people mix up their Light/Dark side choices. 2 x Commando + 2 x Vanguard is an awesome group to play... Havoc Squad to the rescue!

Edited by Tyrias