Powertech Tanking, A Beginners Guide.

Elicas

yep, can anyone confirm:

Accuracy to 105% > DEF/Shield/Armour > Endurance/Absorbtion > Aim > Secondary Stats

as being the best way to gear?

i saw the deiminishing returns / etc breakdown of def/absorp/shield..

so if i don't have any gear with built in accuracy, good idea to mod for it in an orange piece or something?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, can anyone confirm:

Accuracy to 105% > DEF/Shield/Armour > Endurance/Absorbtion > Aim > Secondary Stats

as being the best way to gear?

i saw the deiminishing returns / etc breakdown of def/absorp/shield..

so if i don't have any gear with built in accuracy, good idea to mod for it in an orange piece or something?

At a certain point, not making Aim a priority will adversely affect your ability to hold aggro

At a certain point, not making Aim a priority will adversely affect your ability to hold aggro

There's no way to avoid Aim, it simply comes on gear. No way to gear 'for' Aim either.

Also, this guide recommends going over 105% accuracy for PVE DPS, which is incorrect. It states something about Armor penetration, which is also incorrect. (Or at least totally unproven right now, and not supported by the tooltip)

Edited by Rennyn

It's a nice guide. Well written and concise.

But I just wonder, without a combat log or any ability to quantify threat objectively... how accurate can it truly be? Not your fault, there just isn't any way to quantify the numbers behind abilities. But how do you *know* the best threat generation without objective measurement? Do we even know the threat modifiers behind certain abilities?

No way to gear 'for' Aim either.

That's not entirely true. The Commando and Reflex armoring (and other Mods) can play the balance between Threat and Endurance

Advanced Commando Armoring 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/a34hSps

51 Aim

55 Endurance

Advanced Reflex Armoring 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/2k3yxhO

61 Aim

44 Endurance

Edited by Demalpheus

And at OPs respone while there may not be any main boss that is better tanked at range which is doubtful there are likely to be extra mobs or turrets that will definatley be better of tanked at range.

I am not even 50, and there are definitely bosses that are better tanked from range. Ranged is incredibly overpowered, especially against melee characters/mobs. Not 100% of the time in ranged maybe (but that would depend on your spec), but you can't just stand up in the bosses face the entire time and win. No game has been like that since EQ1.