Will Memorial weekend be a double exp?

Larsenex

I'd rather they just sell Double XP boosts on the Cartel Market and be done with it.

The people that wanted them could use them whenever they wanted and the people that didn't wouldn't have to worry about it.

I'd rather they just sell Double XP boosts on the Cartel Market and be done with it.

The people that wanted them could use them whenever they wanted and the people that didn't wouldn't have to worry about it.

As long as they keep them Bound to Legacy, I am fine with that.

Edited by Hoshkar

As long as they keep them Bound to Legacy, I am fine with that.
No, the entire basis of the CM relies on people being able to acquire these items for credits from other players if they so choose.

To restrict a boost item like that would be foolish.

I'd be happy to be given boosts rather than have the events if they were free. No way should people have to pay for double XP because some people don't enjoy it.

It seems to me that selling 1/2 XP and 0 XP "boots" would probably be more profitable, since those players whine a lot harder about it.

We had Double XP summer week or two in August or September , IIRC. Im not sure it was because the summer , tho ;p Maybe because of the release of some huge MMORPG. It would be nice to have Double XP 2weeks or month in the summer , when the kids and students relaxing from the school , but we need the option to turn it off if we want.

Well, double xp weekend does encourage some people to return to subbing to the game. It happens. Taking the weekends away would remove that specific thing.

Yeah that's not going to happen.

Whenever they do Double XP weekends the game sees peak numbers in the amount of people playing. This means that there's more people in the game spending money on the CM.

They also generally schedule Double XP events when something is going on in the world of gaming that they feel will pull a lot of attention away from TOR like a new MMO launching, new console releases, multiple high profile games coming out in the same week, etc, etc.

Selling boosts lets people burn through the content on a different time table than that of Bioware's, which is something they don't want. They want to have some level of control.

I would be happy with that, I can barely find time to play (at all, let alone on weekends) and there's a few planets I get stuck on an alt and just don't feel like doing all the side quests. I would enjoy being able to use a boost to get past those spots when it was a good time for me to be able to play. It doesn't take long to level, it can just get a little tedious in spots after a few times.

As far as the weekends being a draw, it's nice that they do something to pull people back in, I suppose extra experience is something they can do without additional development costs but it would be nice to see more in game events instead.

Edited by Jessabeans

It would seem this was never answered. Not that it is a huge concern, but given my limited time under most circumstances, it makes it nice to roll an alt who only needs to run Class Missions. Would certainly give me an excuse to play Republic ;)

is there a difference between the double exp you get during double exp weekends and the double exp buff you get from logging out in a catina or on fleet?

yes rested xp is only on kills not on quest

I'd be happy to be given boosts rather than have the events if they were free. No way should people have to pay for double XP because some people don't enjoy it.

We are given boosts, when you complete part of your class story.

It's quite easy to avoid receiving double XP if you don't want to. Play your 55s, do crafting, explore, farm a much lower FP for bits of gear. Basically don't do things that give you XP. Let your alt sit for the weekend, or roll another alt and see how far you can take that one just on double XP, while doing things differently in the story.

We are given boosts, when you complete part of your class story.

It's quite easy to avoid receiving double XP if you don't want to. Play your 55s, do crafting, explore, farm a much lower FP for bits of gear. Basically don't do things that give you XP. Let your alt sit for the weekend, or roll another alt and see how far you can take that one just on double XP, while doing things differently in the story.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I love double XP weekends. I was just commenting on the suggestion that they should remove the event and sell the boosts on the cartel market. I would be very unhappy to have to pay for those boosts.