Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side.

Rayla_Felana

This is a new book all about the Sith and the Dark Side being released tomorrow, 10th February 2012.

It will have statements on these subjects from the likes of Darth Revan, Lord Vitiate, Darth Sidious, Mace Windu, Darth Malgus, Yoda, Asajj Ventress, Luke Skywalker and even Darth Plagueis, this thread will be about the contents of the novel and things we previously did not know about the Sith and the Dark Side of the Force.

The thread will be updated continuously as we get more and more knowledge from it, anyone else who is reading this, please feel free to add your own thoughts on the book itself and new revelations.

Any comments are welcome on the subject, from quotes from the characters themselves in the book, to any relevant topic brought forth in the book.

"The excerpts from the journal of Darth Malgus kept during the Great Galactic War some thirty-six centuries ago are a prime example of how a wounded warrior can be sustained by rage. The war was an unbounded success for the era's Sith Emperor, and Malgus was one of his best soldiers."

―Darth Sidious

Thousands of years later, the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Bane wrote about Darth Malgus in the book The Rule of Two. The Sith Lord Darth Sidious eventually obtained some surviving excerpts of Malgus' journals from an antiquities dealer, and he gave the diary to his apprentice Darth Vader, to inspire him.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

This is a new book all about the Sith and the Dark Side being released tomorrow, 10th February 2012.

It will have statements on these subjects from the likes of Darth Revan, Lord Vitiate, Darth Sidious, Mace Windu, Darth Malgus, Yoda, Asajj Ventress, Luke Skywalker and even Darth Plagueis, this thread will be about the contents of the novel and things we previously did not know about the Sith and the Dark Side of the Force.

The thread will be updated continuously as we get more and more knowledge from it, anyone else who is reading this, please feel free to add your own thoughts on the book itself and new revelations.

Any comments are welcome on the subject, from quotes from the characters themselves in the book, to any relevant topic brought forth in the book.

the case looks amazing I might just have to pick it up just for that along with the Jedi one.

the case looks amazing I might just have to pick it up just for that along with the Jedi one.

Yes, I agree completely about the case, add the fact that the book is written by so many great authors is my main incentive, I already have mine Pre-ordered, just need to go into Waterstones tomorrow. :)

The quote from Darth Sidious is giving me the idea that the Sith Empire may actually win this war, confirming his statement that 'Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy...' is actually a factual statement and not a mere slip up in the script/writing.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Yes, I agree completely about the case, add the fact that the book is written by so many great authors is my main incentive, I already have mine Pre-ordered, just need to go into Waterstones tomorrow. :)

The quote from Darth Sidious is giving me the idea that the Sith Empire may actually win this war, confirming his statement that 'Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy...' is actually a factual statement and not a mere slip up in the script/writing.

no he was reffering to darth ruin sith empire which they controlled 70 or 80% of the galaxey and was still in control for 1000 years.

Edited by undeadsithdread

Hmm. I suppose your right, and honeslty it makes sense. Since the SE is supposedly winning even though the treaty said otherwise.

Also who wrote it?

Hmm. I suppose your right, and honeslty it makes sense. Since the SE is supposedly winning even though the treaty said otherwise.

Also who wrote it?

It's written by several different authors like for example Darth Malgus, Darth Bane and Sidious, but it also contains notes from people like Dooku, Ventress and Luke Skywalker

Also, the war between the Sith Empire will probably end with the empire shattering after a few decades, but will also probably end up with a shattered republic. What this conflict is leading too is the New Sith Wars and the dark age of the Star Wars universe. What we are seeing is the Roman Empire as the Republic breaking under the weight of corruption and foreign threats.

A fact that supports my point is that when the New Sith Wars start the Republic is a shadow of the one pictured in the Old Republic, while sith space is a dozen clans and small empires owning about 70% of explored space

The one thing this conflict will ensure is the pattern in which the Sith, the Jedi, the Empire and the Republic always rebuilds

It's written by several different authors like for example Darth Malgus, Darth Bane and Sidious, but it also contains notes from people like Dooku, Ventress and Luke Skywalker

Also, the war between the Sith Empire will probably end with the empire shattering after a few decades, but will also probably end up with a shattered republic. What this conflict is leading too is the New Sith Wars and the dark age of the Star Wars universe. What we are seeing is the Roman Empire as the Republic breaking under the weight of corruption and foreign threats.

A fact that supports my point is that when the New Sith Wars start the Republic is a shadow of the one pictured in the Old Republic, while sith space is a dozen clans and small empires owning about 70% of explored space

The one thing this conflict will ensure is the pattern in which the Sith, the Jedi, the Empire and the Republic always rebuilds

I meant real authors lol. But thanks for the Info.

The New Sith Wars is 2,600+ years after TOR.

I think he is referring to the Sith as a dominating faction, not as Galactic rulers per se.

Think about it, the Sith were a joke around the time shortly before EP1, they were almost forgotten by the everyone, except the Jedi.

Hi guys -- I'm actually the writer of Book of Sith, so I'm excited to see these comments. I hope people like it and let me know if you have any questions.

I haven't put as many hours into TOR as I'd like but am currently leveling a Sith Inquisitor. ;)

Dan

I think he is referring to the Sith as a dominating faction, not as Galactic rulers per se.

Think about it, the Sith were a joke around the time shortly before EP1, they were almost forgotten by the everyone, except the Jedi.

Sidious was referring to the Sith from the time of Darth Bane.

The New Sith Wars that lasted from 2000-1000BBY saw the Sith with the greatest level of control of the known galaxy, until the formation of the Galactic Empire.

Sidious was referring to the Sith from the time of Darth Bane.

The New Sith Wars that lasted from 2000-1000BBY saw the Sith with the greatest level of control of the known galaxy, until the formation of the Galactic Empire.

Hmm, not much is known of the New Sith Wars? Or have I been looking in the wrong place?

Hmm, not much is known of the New Sith Wars? Or have I been looking in the wrong place?

Wrong place.

They started with Darth Ruin, and ended with the Rule of Two coming into effect.

A lot of work on that time period had been done already, and was expanded upon after Lucas' creation of Darth Ruin and Darth Bane, and the overhaul that was the Ruusan Reformation.

Hi guys -- I'm actually the writer of Book of Sith, so I'm excited to see these comments. I hope people like it and let me know if you have any questions.

I haven't put as many hours into TOR as I'd like but am currently leveling a Sith Inquisitor. ;)

Dan

Well, I'm waiting for my copy to arrive from Amazon, but thanks in advance for your hard work in giving us Sith heads something to meditate upon :)

My only question is whether I keep mine at home to inspire me while playing TOR, or on my desk at work so my colleagues can see that here is a senior call centre designer with the full power of the Dark Side at his command.

... and no, I can't afford a second copy to do both!

Dan

If you actually are Mr.Wallace, I must say, bravo good sir, bravo.

You have absolutely caught the ways of the Sith and pictured them in clear detail for all to see, the Book of Sith, is absolutely outstanding, where I would normally refer to Mr.Karpyshyn's Darth Bane trilogy, I must now refer to your book.

You have put the facts of canon and mixed them in perfectly with character opinions, a truly informative novel about the Sith if I have ever seen one.

My most treasured piece would be the notes of Darth Revan and the Great Galactic War, much more knowledge about them now than ever before.

I would also like to state you have fit the Great Galactic War/Cold War in perfectly, the fact we now have statements from Darth Sidious himself, makes this entire era a lot more important in my eyes.

I could sit here and type all day about why I love this book, but I think in short it would be better to say, thank you, thank you for restoring my faith in the canon, it seems much more fluid after reading that, and it does a great service to all Star Wars canon in my eyes.

- A diehard Star Wars fan from birth.

Dan

What do you mean "you're the writer"?

The Sith wrote the book, everybody knows that.