will revan and satele shan ever meet?

-Swag-

That's speculation.

Until he is confirmed alive, he is dead.

No, until he is proven to be dead he is alive. In sci fi and comic books the number 1 rule regarding death is that if there isn't a body assume that they are alive, this will be no different.

Edit: In the beta Revan died and was lootable, they changed this for a reason. They are going to use him later on and my money is that he gets a rematch with Vitiate.

Edited by Tuscad

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe yours is. I know Avellone's is. Again, so what? I still don't see what tiresomely repeating irrelevant BioWare fanon that everyone here is already aware of has to do with my point.

The one in TOR is canon and it is a he, while the Exile is a she.

The one in TOR is canon and it is a he, while the Exile is a she.

Yes, and the sky is blue, space is big, cats are evil and PvP is imbalanced. Once again, why do you people feel so compelled to endlessly repeat irrelevant things that everyone here is already aware of and which have nothing to do with the subject at hand?

Yes, and the sky is blue, space is big, cats are evil and PvP is imbalanced. Once again, why do you people feel so compelled to endlessly repeat irrelevant things that everyone here is already aware of and which have nothing to do with the subject at hand?

If you're not of the same ideas and opinions as everyone else, then you must be corrected endlessly until you are. This applies on the internet as well as in real life.

While Malgus fell down a big hole without any special flash-bangery, he seems quite dead... Revan and, well, the end boss of the Knight storyline both do the same trick.

As for the "body or it didn't happen" crowd...try running False Emperor on normal mode in Rakata Gear.

Happy now? ;D

I apologize I thought you didn't know that and was just trying to be helpful by pointing that out so the Revanites didn't try to rip you a new one.

I apologize I thought you didn't know that and was just trying to be helpful by pointing that out so the Revanites didn't try to rip you a new one.

I admit I'm being a bit willfully disingenuous. My point is basically that invalidating player choice by making choices about what "canon" gender or personality or appearance or motivations Revan has was a disservice to the fanbase and a betrayal of one of the basic principles of BioWare gaming (well, BioWare gaming prior to circa ME2), and something like "the official meeting between Revan and Satele!" would make it worse, by putting that much more content and "canon" around Revan that has to be ignored by those of us who reject BioWare's screwing with our PC.

To me, if the new lead writer says "no, I'm not going to do more Revan stuff," that would be a good sign; it would mean that he has a respect for the BioWare ideal of "the player decides who the PC will be," and that would mean that when more story content is made that centers on our SWTOR characters, it's more likely we'll have a lot of choice and freedom in defining how they react to the new events they're now a part of.

I admit I'm being a bit willfully disingenuous. My point is basically that invalidating player choice by making choices about what "canon" gender or personality or appearance or motivations Revan has was a disservice to the fanbase and a betrayal of one of the basic principles of BioWare gaming (well, BioWare gaming prior to circa ME2), and something like "the official meeting between Revan and Satele!" would make it worse, by putting that much more content and "canon" around Revan that has to be ignored by those of us who reject BioWare's screwing with our PC.

Big deal? Get over it.

Revan was male. He was human. He turned insane. He became bent on genocide, justifying the slaughter of billions for nothing more than vengeance.

Perhaps if you didn't say such a stupid thing that revan was female no one would haft to correct you.

To me, if the new lead writer says "no, I'm not going to do more Revan stuff," that would be a good sign; it would mean that he has a respect for the BioWare ideal of "the player decides who the PC will be," and that would mean that when more story content is made that centers on our SWTOR characters, it's more likely we'll have a lot of choice and freedom in defining how they react to the new events they're now a part of.

I agree that it was a complete disservice to make a canon Revan and a canon Exile. LucasArts should have just left that all alone. I am dreading the day that they decide to make canon decisions for our characters in this game (It'll happen over time), in fact wookieepedia already assumes that all Imperial characters are darkside and all Republic characters are lightside. What's done is done though, we might as well try to make the best of it and hope that something else like this doesn't happen in the future.

While Malgus fell down a big hole without any special flash-bangery, he seems quite dead... Revan and, well, the end boss of the Knight storyline both do the same trick.

As for the "body or it didn't happen" crowd...try running False Emperor on normal mode in Rakata Gear.

Happy now? ;D

I was waiting for someone to bring that up lol

I for one hope Malgus comes back.

When you think about it he was in the process of fitting his fleet with stealth technology. Who knows how many ships had operational Stealth Technology before BI & FE. Quite a few ships could have slipped away when the Imperial Fleet arrived and wouldn't have been the wiser. TBH Malgus didn't seemed overly concerned about the Foundry surviving which suggests it wasn't absolutely necessary to his primary goals.

as for Revan.

Not having him come back would be a massive mistake in regards to story content.

Revan was a prisoner of the Emporer for over three hundred years. Speaking to him on the foundry, you can tell just how butt hurt he is over that. Although he describes himself as in balance, He has nothing but rage towards the Emporer and wouldn't let a bunch of randoms stop him from getting his revenge

That's my take on it anyway lol :p

Oh my, there's a couple of real intellectual luminaries in this thread. :i_eek: I'd offer to type slower next time but somehow I don't think that would help.

I just am sad at the fact that if you don't use mods... you can't play the "canon" exile (female exile, with Handmaiden as a party member.

What's even sadder is that that mod doesn't play nice with the all-important Restoration Project. I ended up just swapping the gender bit in the savegame editor before I left Telos; it's a little less fluid but it's worth it to get Handmaiden instead of Disciple and still have access to the TSLRP stuff.

• 3 months later...
Oooh, I remember him dying in the Foundry.

So until Bioware decides to bring him back, he's as dead as Darth Malgus.

Read into the lore.. neither Revan nor Malgus are dead.. Revan uses a force ability called "Fold Space" that more or less teleports him in a flash of light.. and Malgus.. well not all of his lore is complete either, but he does survive and goes on to writing teachings which in a few thousand years Darth Sidious gives to Vader to study...but still the point being.. neither are dead.. offiicially

Edited by dacentabaal

Read into the lore.. neither Revan nor Malgus are dead.. Revan uses a force ability called "Fold Space" that more or less teleports him in a flash of light.. and Malgus.. well not all of his lore is complete either, but he does survive and goes on to writing teachings which in a few thousand years Darth Sidious gives to Vader to study...but still the point being.. neither are dead.. offiicially

Malgus is dead, Revan is not. Bioware confirmed both.

I'm really hoping not. The less Official Revan I have to ignore and the fewer pieces of game content I'm forced to avoid in order to enjoy my gaming experience, the happier I am. Revan is a PC. I don't care if she's a Star Wars PC and not a typical BioWare PC, she's still a PC, someone whose every word, thought and motive was once completely under the gamer's control. Obsidian made a serious mistake in trying to force Avellone's own particular past, motives and personality onto Revan, and it damaged their game for a lot of people, and it mystifies me that BioWare has compounded that mistake with the Foundry/Taral V storyline. If the new creative staff is more respectful of player choice and player attachment to their PCs and stays the hell away from all things Revan and Exile, it can only be a good sign for the future of this game's story content.

I'd be perfectly fine with a preset Revan if he wasn't an insufferable moron in this game who's ultimate purpose is to murder and steal his pants.

Why bother, they would hate each other.

Satele Shan would see the darkness in Revan and tell him he is corrupted/untrustworthy, like she does to a dark Jedi Knight despite him/her saving the galaxy.

Revan would see her as sanctimonious and preachy: part of the problem rather than the solution.

Maybe yours is. I know Avellone's is. Again, so what? I still don't see what tiresomely repeating irrelevant BioWare fanon that everyone here is already aware of has to do with my point.

It's not fanon it's official cannon

Edited by revansowns

Revan got corrupted by the emperor to cause mass genocide

which would in turn fuel the emperors ritual to eat the galaxy and become all powerful

I really don't know why you people even want him to be alive (as in, not the PC that you played. The idiot we got as an npc). Seemed to me he realized what had happened to him, parrots Malak and allows himself to become one with the force (see big glowy explosion of light) as the only real "**** you" he can give to the emperor.

I don't like what that book or ToR did to Revan and the Exiles story. Personally I'm preferring to ignore bits or "canon" that don't follow my Kreia sponsored "failed Xanatos Gambit" tragedy.

LOL it's not fanon it's official cannon smart one.

You are entirely missing Quethings point by the way. I don't agree either but you're being obtuse :l

Edited by CaptainApop

I hope niether are dead.

Malgus is the sole reason I went Imperial he is pure awesome in the CGI videos and after reading the book I grew to like him even more.

As for Revan, I feel sorry for him. Seems all he does is try to protect the galaxy and always seems to end up doing the bad thing.

I hope that if they do bring them back they stay as storyline characters rather than dungeon bosses, one thing i hated about WoW was the way you killed off all the characters that made the lore good (after Arthas died their was nobody left alive that i liked in WoW lore which killed the stroy for me).

• 1 year later...
Malgus is dead, Revan is not. Bioware confirmed both.

It's 2 years or around that on from when you posted this .. and I can still confirm what I posted a few posts below.. Bioware haven't confirmed anything, however the official cannon Lore exists after those events take place

Satele Shan and Revan meet:

*awkward silence*

Satele: So, Revan, you skipped planet and left Bastila to raise the kid. You owe some child support until the age of majority. With interest for delay that would be ....

Revan: Yes, of course. I will pay. But just now I have this super important foundry-project. We'll talk later.

*Revan hastily retreats to the foundry.*

Satele: Damn!

Edited by drakensang