Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

Deyjarl

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This highlights just how little the TOR devs know what they are doing. PvP should not be an option of any kind on the PvE servers. Not even sparring or dueling. PvP should be 100% restricted to the servers dedicated to PvP. PvE players choose a PvE server because they don't want to play with that ganking crap.

More BioWare/EA/Lucasarts fail.

I disagree, I rolled on a PVE server so that when I want to PVE I can PVE, and when I want to PVP I can PVP.

Definately an exploit, and one would hope that there would be some form of disciplinary action. I intentionally created my character on a PvE server because I do not want to PvP. If some chucklehead can intentionally flag me through the use of some exploit and attack me, then that is greifing, and they should be punished.

This highlights just how little the TOR devs know what they are doing. PvP should not be an option of any kind on the PvE servers. Not even sparring or dueling. PvP should be 100% restricted to the servers dedicated to PvP. PvE players choose a PvE server because they don't want to play with that ganking crap.

No, no, no and well... just no.

Like others have said. I rolled on a PVE server so that I can PVP when I want to, not when someone else wants to.

Hate to burst your bubble there buddy but this isn't the first occurrence of a player doing this and sadly it won't be the last.

Players like the 50 mentioned have been doing this for as long as there have been opposing factions in MMOs.

It's nice being on a PvP server actually. I haven't had to deal with anything like this. I just know when I see red, I attack. I know I've been attacked but I expect it.

No tricking. I have yet to see any camping which is strange.

Of course it could be because I'm Imp and we outnumber reps 3:2 on my server.

btw I'm level 50.

My impression is that it seems like more shady stuff goes down on PvE servers. On a PvP server it's straight forward and everyone knows what to expect. This isn't any fun for the jerks in the world, they want to tick people off and the best place to do that is on a PvE server where most people want to play nice.

This highlights just how little the TOR devs know what they are doing. PvP should not be an option of any kind on the PvE servers. Not even sparring or dueling.

What?

Nice, twisted logic, but of all posts in this topic this is certainly the most wrong one.

Being forced to PvP in PvE area might be considered wrong, but no option to PvP on PvE servers? It'd be killer feature for me.

It's nice being on a PvP server actually. I haven't had to deal with anything like this. I just know when I see red, I attack. I know I've been attacked but I expect it.

No tricking. I have yet to see any camping which is strange.

Of course it could be because I'm Imp and we outnumber reps 3:2 on my server.

btw I'm level 50.

My impression is that it seems like more shady stuff goes down on PvE servers. On a PvP server it's straight forward and everyone knows what to expect. This isn't any fun for the jerks in the world, they want to tick people off and the best place to do that is on a PvE server where most people want to play nice.

Same. I'm on a PVP server and while I've been ganked a couple of times, but that was my fault...got caught not paying attention and ended up dead.

Of course, I've done the same thing to other people, too.

Still...it's part of why I chose a PVP server. Always gotta be on your toes. I guess a side benefit of that is I'm never tricked into fighting and don't have to worry about being tricked into fighting.

Agreed. The only way to flag yourself for PVP on a PVE server should be by manually selecting a menu option or typing in some kind of /enblepvp or something.

You should also not flag for PVP if you buff someone from your same faction who is flagged.

Yep, someone should probably make a thread about it in CS too. Be prepared to get flamed over it, but just ignore them.

So many elitist on here. Just deal with it, level up and fight back are not constructive responses. If pve people want to pvp, they'd flag themselves or would of rolled on a pvp server. I'm all for pvp on pve, when it's on equal terms. Griefing someone into a fight they can't win is just wrong.

So many elitist on here. Just deal with it, level up and fight back are not constructive responses. If pve people want to pvp, they'd flag themselves or would of rolled on a pvp server. I'm all for pvp on pve, when it's on equal terms. Griefing someone into a fight they can't win is just wrong.

I agree even being a pvp player , really if it was on a pvp server i would say grow balls , but those that chose a pve server for not wanting this kind of fight should not have it.

Agreed. The people on PVE servers picked it so they could choose when to PVP...it should actually work that way.

This is indeed a issue which needs to be fixed. It has been a problem in the past in WoW. Auto accidently pvp flagging should not happen on a pve server. Any game company who says they will not force players to engage into pvp if they wish not to and allows this to happen...is being careless with thier flagging design. Edited by Valkirus

I agree that the involuntary flagging for PvP needs to end.

On PvE servers, unless you are grouped with someone who is flagged, you should not be also flagged for PvP for them attacking the same mob or you giving them a buff.

My toon was flagged on Taris for buffing a player that I did not know had flagged themselves for PvP. I was thinking, "I'll just buff this player, like I've done to others and others have done to me before." Next thing I know, I get a message that I've been flagged for PvP and need to abstain from PvP for the 5 minutes to turn it off. It was fortunate that I was not in an area with players from the opposite faction around.

I wouldn't go as far as saying no PvP what so ever on a PvE. But it should be exactly how it is stated on the PVE description, which states that PvP MUST be consensual. Unfortunately there is an exploit in the game that can make PvP not consensual on a PvE server. But you are right, people chose to play on a PvE server because they didn't want to participate in World ganking, er I mean PvP, but that doesn't mean they don't want PvP at all.

I think Rift got it right. On a PVE server you have two options, to automatically flag and NOT to automatically flag.

If you chose to not flag, then you cannot buff or heal people who are flagged and cannot do any damage to a person of the opposite faction that is flagged.

Of course, it's much more important in Rift because you have these big RIFTS where both factions are fighting side by side and if every time you used an AOE spell you got flagged then it wouldn't be a PVE server.

In this game there really isn't any open world fighting so the only people who are getting flagged is by people stealthing in, taking advantage of a broken mechanic and ganking players.

Once more people hit 50 they will start going to lowbie areas and ganking like crazy so I'm hoping Bioware has this at the very TOP of their to-do list. Otherwise you're going to be hearing a lot about it in the next few weeks, and we don't need anymore bad press for this game, that's for sure.

I agree even being a pvp player , really if it was on a pvp server i would say grow balls , but those that chose a pve server for not wanting this kind of fight should not have it.

A fine example of a true PvP'er and not one of the baddies who need to trick PvE players to get their kicks and prove their "skills". Kudos, good sir/lady.

I wouldn't go as far as saying no PvP what so ever on a PvE. But it should be exactly how it is stated on the PVE description, which states that PvP MUST be consensual. Unfortunately there is an exploit in the game that can make PvP not consensual on a PvE server. But you are right, people chose to play on a PvE server because they didn't want to participate in World ganking, er I mean PvP, but that doesn't mean they don't want PvP at all.

Agreed. I bought this game with the understanding that there were going to be PVE servers, not servers where you can play PVE only if you're able to outsmart the exploiters and weinies who can't cut it on the PVP servers.

So it comes down to this. Give the PVPers everything they want. Always. There are dedicated PVP servers. There is PVP on the PVE servers. Then they allow involuntary PVP flagging on PVE people. If I didn't know better, I'd start thinking some of the devs are PVPers themselves and thinking this is a really fun "feature" for their PVP "brethren" out there.