Eric? Update as promised?

Arandem

The game is supported both by subscriptions and by the cartel market, and it would be nice if some of the cool things that the designers work on would be made available to subscribers without making them pay for them on the cartel market, or via the inflated prices on the GTN.

Well, last reports were less than 350k subs... out of millions of players.

So it's not like the subs are keeping this game afloat.

The CM is the main income of the game, and the subs are just icing on the cake.

But calling the CM "life support" is dumb... if that is the case, you would have to call subs in WoW "Life support" too...

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized what is one of the sets Eric probably had in his mind...

http://i.imgur.com/uqXEqD3.jpg

But this is covered in chains and metal! It's by no means traditional. Well, it is traditional but with nasty chains all over

: /

Wish we got something more like:

http://s12.postimg.org/bwyfo50p9/artwork.png

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

But this is covered in chains and metal! It's by no means traditional. Well, it is traditional but with nasty chains all over

AFAIK that is not available as a player outfit. :/

Uhm that armor has already been released with a different color.

Uhm that armor has already been released with a different color.

No, my friend. This is not Ulic's armor :]

Take a walk around Oricon bases and you'll notice at least 3 new armors on npcs.

We're getting the Sith one very soon so I assume that Ogan Dei's might be the one Eric said will appear within few patches.... : /

Worried sick now.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

No, my friend. This is not Ulic's armor :]

Take a walk around Oricon bases and you'll notice at least 3 new armors on npcs.

We're getting the Sith one very soon so I assume that Ogan Dei's might be the one Eric said will appear within few patches.... : /

Worried sick now.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be too hard for them to remove the chains and stuff, so don't fret too hard just yet.

But calling the CM "life support" is dumb... if that is the case, you would have to call subs in WoW "Life support" too...

What reports and from whom? Reports of the SWG peak number of subs? The only official reports of sub numbers since F2P have come from the quarterly investor calls. In each instance that subs have been mentioned, they have been put at or above 500K.

Edited by TravelersWay

Game Updates... Now I read the keyword! Okay, my source was correct. We'll have to wait about 6 months until the first teasers of new Star Wars film. Then TOR will get influx of young Jedi wannabes who'll want to get their Jedi looks. Then we can expect traditional Jedi robes to show up and every new player will see them on the first page of the cartel market :l

Great new-oh wait, the Cartel Market? I assumed my subscription was going to be enough, evidently not.

Seriously? I know that this Cartel stuff will never leave the game (how ridiculous would that be?) but come on, really? Why can you not add gear like this that the general player base will love without reaching into our pockets? Is it so hard to get some good gear like this by playing the game rather than spending more money to pay for it?

Maybe, even just once, we could experience this pleasure of getting a nice set of gear after earning it rather than people with more money getting the best looking sets..

Great new-oh wait, the Cartel Market? I assumed my subscription was going to be enough, evidently not.

Seriously? I know that this Cartel stuff will never leave the game (how ridiculous would that be?) but come on, really? Why can you not add gear like this that the general player base will love without reaching into our pockets? Is it so hard to get some good gear like this by playing the game rather than spending more money to pay for it?

Maybe, even just once, we could experience this pleasure of getting a nice set of gear after earning it rather than people with more money getting the best looking sets..

Not sure what you're raving about. You get a monthly stipend of cartel coins. It would be prudent to save them for the gear you just have to have, yes? Next time you post, read it over before hitting the submit button, to avoid further embarrassment.

Not sure what you're raving about. You get a monthly stipend of cartel coins. It would be prudent to save them for the gear you just have to have, yes? Next time you post, read it over before hitting the submit button, to avoid further embarrassment.

Ooooooo a whopping 500cc....

Easy peasy. You go play the game and earn the credits so you can buy it off the GTN when I put it up for sale.

But honestly, people need to stop whining about things coming out on the CM, because without it the game would be dead by now.

According to EA the CM is not the main income of the game.

Their most recent earnings report said that the CM was 50% of the income. And that the other 50% came from Subscriptions (and RotHC purchases).

The answer is right there in your own post. Knowing what we do of EA you think they would give for free what many people are willing to cough up CC for?

Not to mention, I have no great desire to make my Jedi look like a moisture farmer from Tatooine.

because without the cartel market this gear would be greens added as expansion drops in a year. or a new raid set

Honestly, I don't think any feedback actually makes it back to the artists.

It's that, or they're doing it on purpose.

Since we know they get the feedback it looks like they're doing it on purpose.

Seriously, they're not going to "copy and paste" the outfit that's got a zillion-post request thread with half-a-zillion links to pictures of the same outfit? If that sounds like a good idea to anyone, they need to stop and reevaluate.

Do they truly believe we'll love their shoulder-padded-butt-flapped-can-opener-arms version of a "traditional Jedi robe" more than what we're asking for? Just give us what we're asking for! I don't understand why that's an issue. At this point, can you view it any differently than they won't do it simply because it's what we want? The request for this is as old as the game itself, and they manage to put out 5 new armors a month into cartel packs, it's not like the opportunity isn't there. Aren't we the ones paying them anyway? Without us whiney people making these requests, they wouldn't be getting paid.

The only company in 30 years to fail at capturing the look of Star Wars, and they refuse to "copy and paste" probably the most iconic look from the universe. Well, Darth Vader's is probably more iconic, but I suppose they refuse to give us Malgus' armor too (this setting's version of DV's).

Why is that? Why refuse to give players the very reasons we fell in love with this universe in the first place? It makes no sense.

On a semi-related note, we've also been asking for the Jedi Knight armor from the character select screen since launch, and they have also flat out refused to give us that one as well. If anyone can make any sense out of this, please enlighten me.

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

Well no... without the cartel market this gear would never have been added since the game would have been shut down a while ago...

Ok, we all know that the CM became the game's life support when it was losing subs as fast it used to, and right to a now we all have this game to play and we owe it to the CM. We get that.

But seriously, why does *all* the good looking gear have to be from the Cartel Market? I mean, the Relnex Robes, Valiant Jedi Armor Set, Sanctified Caretaker Set, and so many others are available in the CM. Would it have hurt to make *one* bad-*** looking robe a super rare drop from an HM boss or available only to players who have a PvP rating? Something to incentivize playing the game at higher levels?

The Gree Event Legacy Gear is a step in the right direction, but IMO many more sets of gear need to be available by playing the game as well. Wait let me amend that. Not "as well". I meant "exclusively". There should be a ton of pieces of vanity items like Speeders (like the Desler series) or armor or customizations that are simply *not* available to people who dish out a ton of money. They are only available to people who play the game at higher levels.

Edited by EzioMessi

Ok, we all know that the CM became the game's life support when it was losing subs as fast it used to, and right to a now we all have this game to play and we owe it to the CM. We get that.

But seriously, why does *all* the good looking gear have to be from the Cartel Market? I mean, the Relnex Robes, Valiant Jedi Armor Set, Sanctified Caretaker Set, and so many others are available in the CM. Would it have hurt to make *one* bad-*** looking robe a super rare drop from an HM boss or available only to players who have a PvP rating? Something to incentivize playing the game at higher levels?

The Gree Event Legacy Gear is a step in the right direction, but IMO many more sets of gear need to be available by playing the game as well. Wait let me amend that. Not "as well". I meant "exclusively". There should be a ton of pieces of vanity items like Speeders (like the Desler series) or armor or customizations that are simply *not* available to people who dish out a ton of money. They are only available to people who play the game at higher levels.

The Cartel Market gets the good looking gear because it's just all aesthetic pleasures. It has no actual combat value unless you play the game to get the mods to do it. It doesn't really matter if you get the entire Valiant Jedi set, because a person wearing Column will come by and destroy you. Cartel sets are just for looks. They have no power, so if you want to be powerful and look good, you have to do both. But, as it is a fact, you don't have to buy sets from the Market. You can buy them all on the GTN using credits, which you get by playing the game. In essence, you already have what you desire. You play the game and get the best looking gear.

Why is that? Why refuse to give players the very reasons we fell in love with this universe in the first place? It makes no sense.

Probably for the same reason that, considering he is the main villain, hardly ever appears in the game at all and is tied to a final fight of a flashpoint and not an operation and is killed way too easily.

BW doesn't have a damn clue what they are doing.